PDA

View Full Version : The Hustler (color)?

q4summit
03-27-2003, 11:00 PM
My buddy has the Hustler on dvd. I notice that the pictures on the cover of the movie are in color. Is there a color version of the movie since they have still pictures in color?

Marc

sneakypapi
03-27-2003, 11:54 PM
I happen to own The Hustler on DVD and it is in B&W and wide screen format. I have looked in many stores before buying it and I am almost positive it is only available in B&W. Usually the color process is done on limited movies, usually very popular old ones and I would guess the demand for the movie would dictate if it would be colorized.

03-28-2003, 02:50 AM
The Hustler was shot in B&W to enhance the noir aspect of the movie. The cover art for the DVD may be colorized because unknowing people tend to be afraid of B&W (ha ha). As with any original B&W movie, avoid a colorized version like the plague.

Predator314
03-28-2003, 08:07 AM
IMHO, I would rather have the B&W version (which I do). That movie kicks booty.

Fred Agnir
03-28-2003, 08:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sneakypapi:</font><hr> I happen to own The Hustler on DVD and it is in B&amp;W and wide screen format. I have looked in many stores before buying it and I am almost positive it is only available in B&amp;W. Usually the color process is done on limited movies, usually very popular old ones and I would guess the demand for the movie would dictate if it would be colorized. <hr /></blockquote>The movie was specifically made to be in B&amp;W. We're talking about the 60's, not the 20's. To colorize it would be akin to colorizing the first half of The Wizard of Oz.

Fred &lt;~~~ IMO, of course