PDA

View Full Version : Just Call Them

9 Ball Girl
03-28-2003, 11:19 AM
I just want to say that whenever you think of a person, just call them. Life is too short to overlook something like a simple phone call. Whether it be for 15 minutes or 15 seconds. Just call them.

My friend of 13 years, (she's known me since I was 17), passed away this morning. She'd had a heart transplant back in 1990 and once a year she would check herself into the hospital for her annual biopsy. At this time, her medication would be updated, and her body would reject it and so the medication had to get balanced out and whatnot. Well, this time, everything was tried but to no avail. I got the call from her daughter who's my age this early morning before I left to work and it's a good thing I was sitting on my bed 'cause my knees went weak. You see, she wasn't sick when she went into the hospital so I know had she not gone, she would be here probably talking on the phone with me.

I know there was nothing I could do but I feel some guilt because there were times when I wouldn't return her calls because I was always doing pool things. And then of course there were times when I did think to call her and had the time to but never did it. Dammit.

Wendy~~so all I can say is when you think of that person, just call them. @#$* it.

WaltVA
03-28-2003, 11:40 AM
Wendy - So sorry to hear about your friend. Sudden losses always leave us with so much unfinished business and things we would like to have said.

The older I get, the more I realize that friends aren't permanent and shouldn't be taken for granted. You're right - the time to call is when you can.

Walt in VA

Rich R.
03-28-2003, 12:50 PM
I'm very sorry. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Rod
03-28-2003, 01:09 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Wendy. Yes we all take life to much for granted and then it disappears.

On that same thought a good friend of mine of 35 years was killed in an auto acident. He was hit by a semi. I first met Tim here in Phoenix playing pool. Many of his pool playing friends including me will be at his viewing tonight. Very sad time indeed.

Rod

SpiderMan
03-28-2003, 02:32 PM
Rod,

Did I meet Tim? I may have a picture of him playing.

Marty

Rod
03-28-2003, 02:46 PM
No, I don't remember him being around when you were here. The guys you met all knew him very well.