PDA

View Full Version : Mark Stellinga's New Book

03-28-2003, 12:11 PM
Mark Stellinga has a new book out as of January 2003, "Pool & Billiard Collectibles: A Billiard Accessories and Collectibles Price Guide". Has anyone seen a copy of this book, and if so what did you think about the content? If it's purely a price guide, I will go another direction.

I really enjoy reading about the history of the game and the equipment. Any other suggestions of books along these lines?

Thanks,
Scott

Fred Agnir
03-28-2003, 05:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Charlotte_Scott:</font><hr> Mark Stellinga has a new book out as of January 2003, "Pool &amp; Billiard Collectibles: A Billiard Accessories and Collectibles Price Guide". Has anyone seen a copy of this book, and if so what did you think about the content? If it's purely a price guide, I will go another direction.

I really enjoy reading about the history of the game and the equipment. Any other suggestions of books along these lines?

Thanks,
Scott <hr /></blockquote>It's a history book in the same genre as the Billiards Encylclopedia. All the photos are reportedly from his collection. Most are of the antique variety. If this is your thing, buy it. I can tell you that it wasn't my thing, but it was nice. Besides, if I bought it, the shelf would break. That Billiards Encyclopedia is damned heavy (but worth it).

Fred