PDA

View Full Version : LESSONS at Valley Forge

ceebee
03-28-2003, 12:21 PM
was anyone giving lessons at Valley Forge? If so, can you tell me who. I'd like to contact them before the next big get together.

Scott Lee
03-28-2003, 03:10 PM
Ceebee...I was, and am every year in VF! I did a couple of lessons on Saturday, in the poolrooms in Frazer and Downingtown. Sorry to have missed you. Email me, and I'll put you in my data base to contact next time.

Scott Lee

ceebee
03-31-2003, 07:33 AM
Scott... did you post here on the CCB that you were going to be set up for giving lessons? I agree that it might be "too late" for learning & then competing, but a good lesson & a good hour of practice straightens out a few problems & sometimes imparts some knowledge to the student, that is immediately useful.
With 8000 people looking at Cues, I myself would liked to have seen lessons being given in mass. If a person goes Bowling & continually throws gutter balls.. very soon that person won't even drive by a Bowling Alley. Same goes for a Pool Player... if he's a Ball Banger... he's a casual player. If he's running a few racks... he's part of the furniture. It's good for "the Game" to continually boost a player's knowledge & their level of play.
I really find it frustrating that you can sell someone a beautiful cue, but you can't sell him the knowledge to use it. Imagine that scenario at the Chevrolet Store..????

bluewolf
03-31-2003, 07:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Ceebee...I was, and am every year in VF! I did a couple of lessons on Saturday, in the poolrooms in Frazer and Downingtown. Sorry to have missed you. Email me, and I'll put you in my data base to contact next time.

Scott Lee <hr /></blockquote>

Then scott came to dc and I had an all day lesson. He tapes his sessions so I will be receiving six hours of tapes to help me see how I was doing and what I need to work on. In fact, while scott was here, he also helped me with position.

No matter what direction I go in from here, at least, as a result of scotts teaching, I have a stroke.

Scott did not want me to rest my bridge arm on the rail, but other than that, he said by stroke was better than it was 8 mo agao when I took my first lesson with him.

Laura

Scott Lee
03-31-2003, 09:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ceebee:</font><hr> Scott... did you post here on the CCB that you were going to be set up for giving lessons?

<font color="blue"> </font color> Ceebee...I did not post that I would be giving lessons during the VF expo. Most people prefer to contact me privately (via PM or email) about lessons. Also, I try not to commercialize myself here too much. LOL

I really find it frustrating that you can sell someone a beautiful cue, but you can't sell him the knowledge to use it. Imagine that scenario at the Chevrolet Store..???? <hr /></blockquote>
<font color="blue"> </font color> Yep, I find that amazing also. People will happily plunk down $400-$500 for a cue, but won't spend $100 to really learn how to use it. Go figure!
LOL Email me, and let me know where you're at in OK, and I might come through there and work with you. I have a couple of other interested students in OK already.

Scott Lee