PDA

View Full Version : Two Table Shots

TomBrooklyn
03-29-2003, 03:39 PM
What shots have been made between two tables? (the cue ball on one table and the object ball(s) on another)

03-29-2003, 04:38 PM
Fast Larry made the classic butterfly shot (6 balls go in 6 different pockets) with two tables. I'm not sure if he jumped it or had a little ramp, but he sent the cue ball from the foot end of one table into the 6 ball cluster on another table. I think this was in 1994 for Ripley's.

bluewolf
03-29-2003, 06:38 PM
Yeah. I saw that on his tape too.

Laura

Popcorn
03-29-2003, 07:51 PM
Those shots are no big deal. I used to play in a place called The House of Lords Billiards in the 1960s. The tables were close together and in line with each other. We did all kinds of shots jumping from one table to the other, it was nothing.

Scott Lee
03-29-2003, 09:33 PM
Dustin...Not to take anything away from Larry, but Willie Mosconi did the same shot 50 years before Fast Larry!...and it's on film too!

Scott Lee

bluewolf
03-30-2003, 11:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Dustin...Not to take anything away from Larry, but Willie Mosconi did the same shot 50 years before Fast Larry!...and it's on film too!

Scott Lee <hr /></blockquote>

That is mentioned in Larry's tape on Ripley's that wm did it before and Fast was attempting to repeat the same feat. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

btw, popcorn, when you are talking about shots done on tables done close together, how close do you mean? one foot? six feet?

In my first lesson with scott, he showed us some of his trick shots and I enjoyed seeing these. I like Larry's tape also. Maybe I am one of those who enjoy watching trick shots. I would love going to a real pool trick shot show sometime. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Laura

wolfsburg2
03-30-2003, 11:38 AM
this months bd has a couple of cool looking "railroad"shots, i will be trying them as soon as our table comes.

Popcorn
03-30-2003, 03:19 PM
When I said close, I meant close for a poolroom. They had the tables about 4 1/2 feet apart. That is pretty close, you were always running to the other players and had to squeeze by when walking.

bluewolf
03-30-2003, 03:36 PM
What kind of shots did you do? I wonder if they would qualify as trick shots. Maybe you guys, in additon to being good pool players, had some trick shot abilities too /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Laura

03-30-2003, 04:11 PM
I find it very amusing to make a world class shot, and a bunch of no body's who have never done anything always pops up to say that's nuttin, I've been doing that since I wuz a baby. It's just losers, who cant stand to see somebody accomplish something they cant do.

The 2 table 6in6 was called by Mosconi, the greatest shot of all time, the shot, to end all shots.

Two table shots have been made since the l800's, but were mostly fluke accidents where the cue ball went off into the wild blue younder by shooting too hard by a beginner &amp; the CB lands on another table &amp; makes a carom or a ball pot to the amazement of the shooter.

In l948, Willie Mosconi, Jimmy Caras &amp; Charlie Peterson put together two short newsreal movies by Pete Smith, which were called table toppers &amp; super cue men, which were up to that time, the greatest collection of fantastic hard trick shots every made. I have copies of these movies, and other very rare films of Hoppe, Greenleaf, and Mosconi for sale.

Jimmy Caras &amp; I were very good friends, he was one of my teachers &amp; advisors on trick shots over the years. Jimmy told me he made the 2 table 6in6 first, but did not keep the cue ball on the table, it bounced off, which was a foul,
ruined the shot. Mosconi came up &amp; nailed it perfect, keeping the cb on table, and his shot closed the movie. Mosconi said many times, after you make that shot, there is nothing else that can be done to top it.

If you buy &amp; acquire my two video tapes, 2-2000 &amp; 3-2000 I, each tape is 2 hrs long, and the 2nd tape has over a hundred shots on it, all of my Ripley's 5 record shots, ll rail shots, a ton of world class shots. You will see the mosconi shot from l948, and then you will see me duplicate Willie's shot. You will also see me give him credit for doing it first, all I claimed was I duplicated his shot exactly as he did it.

Willies tables were 6' apart, mine were 8' apart, making my shot harder, the closer you make the tables, the easier the shot becomes. I used a ramp exactly like they did, a simple small pack of paper matches. My cue ball stayed on the table and also was a perfect shot. My cue ball followed the same exact path as Willie's did after the impact. I proved that I actually did it on film, just as Willie did. I stated, that only two people made that shot, did it perfect, did not foul, and kept the cue ball on the table after the shot, &amp; proved it on film. My shot has been widely circulatd during the last 10 years, I have sold 5000 video tapes with the shot on it, it has been featured in pool &amp; billiard magazine twice, and magazines all over the world. It has been seen on TV by l/6th of the planet, over one billion people. It has been published in 275 newspapers, on 5 continents, in l9 different languages, and 100 million people have seen &amp; read about the shot. With this world wide coverage, in a decade, not one person has ever contacted me saying they too did the shot. I therefore must conclude, that my statement only two people made the shot during the 20th century, Mosconi &amp; Me, is a true statement, proved by the above.

This is one of the top 5 greatest shots ever hit, during the last 2 centuries. Paul Gerni told me he did it on TV, but when I pressed him for proof &amp; a copy of the tape, suddenly he could not find it, &amp; never did, because he had no proof, just a nice fantasy he did it too. Caras made the shot, so did the great Rick Wright, my friend &amp; fellow TASA world trick shot champion, but these two world champions both lost the cue ball, and fouled.

Since the Ripley's cartoon published, I made a two table 2in2 &amp; made l0 balls in 6 pockets and that is on tape, I have made several other two table shots I never released and have on tape. A two table triple jump 4in2 is on my current tape, and it is described by Billy Incardona who raved on it, and this shot was featured on the Accustats tapes, the greatest shots of the decade, the 90's, I had more shots featured, three, than any other player in that decade.

To Popcorn &amp; Scott Lee, how come you two guys did not have one of your shots on those tapes. You two should not poo pah my work, until you actually see what I do, and neither of you have ever bought, or seen my shot collection, so until you do, you should hold off any criticism of the quality or the difficulity of what I can accomplish. And as far as you saying you make these shot too, stepped in what, I get so sick of this BS, I would like for one time to see one of you guys actually do something &amp; prove it like I have on every things I have ever done. Instead all you guys do is fantasize you did it too, will dream on boys, if that makes you feel cool, go for it.

How about actually making the 2 table 6in6, film it, and mail the tape to me. Just saying you did it, and Jake the snake saw you do it, does not cut it. How about until you actually do that, you two guys keep your peanut gallery comments to your selves.

I am the only trick shot entertainer in history, who actually performs a two table 2in2 shot live any where I go.
If two tables are in line, and the owner does not object, and there are no windows in reach, I will shoot &amp; make that shot. I usually make it in 3 to 5 snaps.
If anyone wants to see the 2 table 6in6, I performed on the Ripley's premier TV show on prime time TV, and the Mosconi shot, order the 3-2000 I video tape, send $20, which includes s&amp;h, see my web site for my address www.fastlarrypool.com. (http://www.fastlarrypool.com.) VENI, VEDI, VICI, Shoot straight, no fear, innovate, and never give up.
"Fast Larry" Guninger &amp; Wonder Dog

Troy
03-30-2003, 04:24 PM
Hey Mr. Larry, why do you continuously try to sell your stuff on this forum ??? It really gets old. Put it on your web site and let it sell itself. Jeez...

Popcorn
03-30-2003, 06:17 PM
Larry, with all due respect, every guy in the pool room I was referring to made the shot. I know you are a terrific trick shot shooter, but the two table shot is not all that hard. To claim only two people in the twentieth have made the shot is ridicules. In fact let me add, the owners son who was 13 at the time. Would put balls on the second table and with the little ramp jump from one table to the other and pocket the balls, spot shots and so on. Once you get the speed down so the cue ball just makes it to the second table just beyond the rail, the rest is easy.

bluewolf
03-30-2003, 06:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> Larry, with all due respect, every guy in the pool room I was referring to made the shot. I know you are a terrific trick shot shooter, but the two table shot is not all that hard. To claim only two people in the twentieth have made the shot is ridicules. <hr /></blockquote>

I made a great shot today and it only took me four tries. But it was only on one table /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Laura

TomBrooklyn
04-01-2003, 07:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> Those shots are no big deal. <hr /></blockquote>Since you say that two table shots are no big deal, today I set up the six ball butterfly shot on three tables. I put a little ramp on the first table where I lauched the cue ball to the second table where I set up one of those excercise trampolines. The cue ball bounced off the trampoline onto the third table, making all six balls, one into each pocket. With the help of an assistant to catch the cue ball when it went off and to retrieve it, I practiced the trampoline jump about 10 times without any balls on the third table. Then I set up butterfly and made the shot on the third attempt.

TomBrooklyn
<font color="pink">April 1, 2003</font color>
<font color="yellow">Happy April Fools Day</font color>