PDA

View Full Version : Head to head match-ups amongst CCB'ers

Ralph S.
03-29-2003, 04:33 PM
I was out shooting last night and got to thinking about many of the CCB'ers I have not met. Many sound like very experienced and knowledgable players as well as a few beginners. Reading a great deal of the posts actually intrigues me as to how some would play against each other even though they have never met.

So, basically my point is, who from the CCB would you most like to match up against? Maybe someone from a different region of the country, or somebody you have already met and not played yet. Even grudge matches can be cool if they dont get to carried away.

Using a race to 7 9ball format, list the match or matches you would most like to see or the person you would most like to play. A few of my choices are listed as examples:

1> Scott Lee vs. Chris Cass just because of the wealth of
knowledge they collectively posess about the game.
2> 9ball girl vs. Naz since they seem to heckkle each other
so much here, it would have to be entertaining.

Tom_In_Cincy
03-29-2003, 05:36 PM
from Columbus tonite.... working late.

I would like to see bluewolf play at a sl5 against anyone

I would like to play the winner of the CC Scott Lee match.

I would like to see the winner of Fast Larry and Eric match (9 ball of course)

Patrick and Downtown..

Rod an ME..

Scott Lee
03-29-2003, 09:45 PM
Well, Chris Cass and I are on track for that matchup one of these days pretty soon! Here's three matchups I'd like to sweat!...

Dick Leonard vs. Popcorn

Deeman vs. Cheesemouth

Mike H vs. Cueball 1950

and here's my fantasy match...a couple of Canadians!

Stretch vs. Downtown

Scott

eg8r
03-29-2003, 11:24 PM
I would like to play anyone in New York. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif This is selfish because I just want a reason to take a trip. My wife has never been there so she can sight see and I can play some pool.

George Fels in straight pool.

###Leonard in straight pool, but mainly to listen to the great stories from times past (pool related stories only, LOL we don't see eye to eye on the political poop. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Fran Crimi, why not, she is a pro, and she also has a bunch of great stories. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I get to play Scott Lee next month so this will be a reality soon. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think the main person would be rackmup. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif My good buddy, who works too much. I am happy he has a job and is making some money again, but dang, where is the fun in working. LOL I miss my pool playing bud.
I did hang out with SPetty (beautiful pool room. Diamond and Valley tables are wonderful), Sid, Spiderman, PoolFool, OnePocketChamp, and Michelle. What a great time.

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
03-31-2003, 01:16 PM
I'd like to play bluewolf. She's probably the only one here who I could actually beat.

Since Keith McCready is a CCBer now, I'll play him. I'll buy the beers.

I don't want to play downtown, he would thump me, but I would like to go out drinking with him and watch somebody beat him up.

How about:

ALF vs. bluewolf

Fast Larry vs. Scott Lee

eg8r vs. warren

Ken in CT. vs. Charlie Williams

Troy vs. Lou Sardo

#### vs. any Republican

Deeman
03-31-2003, 01:49 PM
I want to sweat all these matches then buy everyone there a round for all the great conversations I have been a part of on this board. I tried to buy Scott one at VF but he was late and not to be found as I left on Saturday night.

I guess, after Cheesemouse plays me, I'll have to go after Fred. I think he is very knowledgable but mostly want to see a guy carry that many nice cue cases at one time! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Steve Lipsky
03-31-2003, 01:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> I don't want to play downtown, he would thump me, but I would like to go out drinking with him and watch somebody beat him up.
<hr /></blockquote>

Wally, where should I send the cleaning bill for the coffee I just spit all over my keyboard?? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Steve

Karatemom
03-31-2003, 02:25 PM
Hi Ralph. Hope all is well where you are.

I would like to play SPetty. (Don't tell her, but I think I can beat her, hahahaha). Then I would like to see Carol and Barbara play head-to-head. Those two are so much fun, I wouldn't be able to stop laughing /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Then I would like to see Voodoo and Kato play Christ or Chris, either one. I think either way, they might end up with their tail between their legs, hahahahahahahaha.

Heide

Kato
03-31-2003, 03:50 PM
Ok, here's what I want. I want to play Chris Cass. I want a re-match with Tom Cincy. I'd like to hang out and hit balls with Heater 451 and Wally in the Nati. I'd love to sit and listen to Howie Pearl and #### stories. I'm dying to play Christ Cass. I wanna match up with Carol and Barbara.

CCB'ers I've played:

Voodoo, 9-ball Girl, Killer Break, Tom Cincy, Rackemup, Whitelight, Phil So Fla, and Lorri, maybe a couple others.

Kato

stickman
03-31-2003, 03:57 PM
I'd like to see ME playing any of my CCB friends. Win or loose, I love to play! The only one I've played was Scott, and he cheats. LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Actually, I look forward to eventually meeting CC and playing a couple.

cheesemouse
03-31-2003, 04:02 PM
He got me too. But I just spit my upper plate out and then made a great catch...... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
03-31-2003, 04:05 PM
Sounds like fun Tom maybe we can some day.
I'd also like to play CC, Scott, Cheese and that Lipsky fellow but it has to be 9 ball, I'd get killed in 14-1. LOL
I can think of a number of people here that would be fun to play or watch in a CCB match up. At the moment however except for George and Leonard I'm lost for names.

Rod

SpiderMan
03-31-2003, 07:12 PM
I'd like to play a friendly round-robin with Popcorn, Deeman, and Rod Elliott. If I didn't come out dead last I'd have something to brag about. Otherwise, I'd still have something to remember. Rod has seen me play poorly, and I feel a need to redeem myself. I'm afraid I cost him a little money because he got stuck carrying me as a Scotch doubles partner against a couple of his running buddies when I visited Phoenix back in 2001.

I'd like to watch Rod play heads-up against his brother, Chris Cass Elliott. I'd like to play Rod straight-up again myself. I'd like to play Chris, and regret I didn't get to last May.

Scott Lee is fun. I'd like to play heads-up 8-ball against him for several hours. Our past record contains only drunken Scotch doubles in 9-ball. Unfortunately, like the rest of my "wishful thinking" matchups, this is another one I'd probably lose /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

SpiderMan

SpiderMan
03-31-2003, 07:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> I don't want to play downtown, he would thump me, but I would like to go out drinking with him and watch somebody beat him up.
<hr /></blockquote>

HaHaHaHa!!!!! That's a good one. How about giving Downtown and Larry each $100, a pool cue, and a bottle of cheap wine (or geritol), lock them up overnight, come back the next morning and arrest the one that's left to get your $200 back!

SpiderMan

Scott Lee
03-31-2003, 07:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> The only one I've played was Scott, and he cheats. LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Jim...I didn't know it was CHEATING to run out! LOL You have to tell me the rules upfront! ROFL See you soon!

Scott

Rod
03-31-2003, 08:51 PM
Spidey,
I don't think anyone exactly lit up the table. It took three to make a team anyway. I wouldn't give it a second thought. Did we lose !!! LOL

Rod

Vagabond
03-31-2003, 08:52 PM
However,I like to play 9Ball girl.cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

snipershot
03-31-2003, 09:58 PM
Excellent post Ralph.

If I could watch one match and only one between two CCB'ers from here it would be.........

Charlie Williams VS Fast Larry

Just so I could see Fast Larry get his ass kicked and get a much needed ego check.

Myself, I would love to take on any CCB'er in 8 ball just to see how well I would fare (or get my butt kicked!) I would love to match up against Scott Lee or CC because I think I would learn alot from them.

SPetty
03-31-2003, 10:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> I would like to play SPetty. (Don't tell her, but I think I can beat her, hahahaha). <hr /></blockquote>Oh yeah? Bring it on, girl! Show me what you got. Just one rule: No jumping. I somehow got the only defective bungee jump cue they ever made! hahaha

Just kidding.

No I'm not. Bring it on!

hahaha - just kidding. It would be real fun. I suspect we're pretty even... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif C'mon down to Texas and we'll settle this once and for all!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Karatemom
03-31-2003, 10:28 PM
Actually, I agree that we probably play pretty close. I like it better that way. The next time we're in or near Texas, I'll be looking for ya! hahahahahahaha

Heide

9 Ball Girl
04-01-2003, 08:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vagabond:</font><hr> However,I like to play 9Ball girl.cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

You're on! http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/splitform.gif

wolfsburg2
04-01-2003, 08:38 AM
i'd like to play everyone. i just like to shoot, and love competition.

Steve Lipsky
04-01-2003, 08:53 AM
I'll play anyone some bank pool. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

- Steve

Voodoo Daddy
04-01-2003, 08:56 AM
From one Steve to another, BANK/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gifPOOL it is bro. It would be my pleasure.......

Wally_in_Cincy
04-01-2003, 09:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Steve Lipsky:</font><hr> I'll play anyone some bank pool. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

- Steve <hr /></blockquote>

John Brumback used to post here. I imagine he'd play ya' some banks /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Kato
04-01-2003, 10:07 AM
I'll play you some banks I just ain't playin' banks for my hair.

Hey Lipsky. I saw Steve once play in a 9-ball tournament, couldn't make a straight in ball just starting banking 'em like a mad man at warp speed. I'll watch that match up.

Kato~~~will play any one, any where, any time.........for absolutely nothing.

04-01-2003, 01:47 PM
i would like to match up with Patrick, 9-ball or chess.

^v^

Stretch
04-01-2003, 03:21 PM
I've already played all you guys and girls hundreds of times in my mind while i practice LOL. With any luck at all, it may just come true and i'll see and play some of you in Vegas next month.

I told you i was in this Vegas League right? Well, we're sending 3 teams. The first, and second place regular sceduall finishers were automatic. and the winner of the playoffs for everyone else. The team i'm on ended up 3rd. overall so we've made it through the playoffs and we play in the finals for the trip TOMARROW!!! Wish us luck, you don't know how much i wanna go. St ~hopeing the back hand aint shakin too bad. lol~

9 Ball Girl
04-01-2003, 03:41 PM
Well, you'll definitely see a lot of those matchups in Virginia come September this year.

Wendy~~good luck tomorrow!

Rod
04-01-2003, 04:36 PM
Hi Stretch,
I know how much you must want it. You guys just stay focused on the game and Vegas will take care of itself.
By all means though, Good Luck, you can never have to much of that stuff.

Rod

SpiderMan
04-01-2003, 05:11 PM
Stretch,

I assume this tourney is just related to distribution of prize money to pay for your trip? Even if you don't win, you can still enter the nationals, it'll just cost a little more (but worth it, still a cheap vacation).

SpiderMan

Mr Ingrate
04-01-2003, 05:17 PM
Stretch,

I'll see you in Las Vegas - no doubt!

Stretch
04-02-2003, 10:43 AM
Dave! Didn't recognize you without the beard, lookin good. Thanks for the words. 9BG and Rod as well. Spring is in the air, and I'm a feelin frisky. Whatever happens tonight, you can bet the teams that are going are going to represent us well. They are the cream of the crop. It's been a blast playing all these great shooters every week. The team i'm on is called "Big Country". It's the first team I've ever been on where i'm not the best player.

I'm nervous but excited about tonight. There's nothing left to do now but play. St

Stretch
04-02-2003, 11:01 AM
Well hello, if it isn't my favorite arachnid lol. Yes i could always just show up and enter i guess. And i did already book 2 weeks off, but since ice cream hasn't exactly been blowin off the shelf the last 4 month i've been uh, 'Stretched' a little thin. St~~Go big, or stay at home~~

Kato
04-02-2003, 11:33 AM
Oh yeah, I gotta play Mike M and WesK. We could drink tons of beers and miss more than lots of people. I wanna play Wes's friend Tram, she's pretty (though the word is she plays real sporty). I also have to play Rod because he owes me TWO beers and thats the only way I can collect. I'd also like to shoot a little with The Dragon. We've had some conversations online and he's a real cool kid.

Kato~~~spewing

Wally_in_Cincy
04-02-2003, 11:40 AM
All these are present or past CCBers:

Battle of WPBA CCBers: Fran vs. Sarah Rousey

Battle of guys whose wives are in WPBA: Mike Hurst vs. Steve Lipsky

Battle of the CAD draftsmen: Wally vs. Chris Alvey

14.1 battle: CSPL John vs. Tom in Cincy or George Fels vs. Steve Lipsky

Battle of CCB vetrans, 9-ball division: Sid Vicious vs. Stretch

Battle of the Granite state: NH Steve vs. NH John

Battle of the Bluegrass state, banks division: Stan Shuffett vs. John Brumback

Battle of young phenoms: Karate kid Cass vs. Landon Shuffett

War of words: rackmup vs. fightingbob

Battle for the "Colonoscopy Cup": Mr. Ingrate vs. Troy /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod vs. Popcorn

Popcorn vs. The Earthquake

and #### vs. Howie Pearl with G. Fels as referee.....the stories, oh the stories.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
04-02-2003, 11:45 AM
Yeah yeah yeah...

I'll need the 5, 7 and the smashes from you.

Barbara~~~really needs a lot of practice and the time to do it!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Barbara
04-02-2003, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Then I would like to see Carol and Barbara play head-to-head. Those two are so much fun, I wouldn't be able to stop laughing . <hr /></blockquote>

There you go, you nailed it!! Carol's laugh is infectious. If it were life-threatening, it'd be deadlier than this SARS thing!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara~~~sometimes has to really, really try to keep a straight face when shooting against Carol... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif!

Rod
04-02-2003, 12:16 PM
Wally a big one for me is,
I mean you guys have so many angles! You probably use the term I'm going to shoot a Bezier instead of a Masse! LOL

Wally_in_Cincy
04-02-2003, 12:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Wally a big one for me is,
I mean you guys have so many angles! You probably use the term I'm going to shoot a Bezier instead of a Masse! LOL

<hr /></blockquote>

Yeah Rod. When I miss a shot I say it did not travel along the proper vector /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Forgot one. Battle of the physicists: Bob Jewett vs. Fred Agnir (My brain hurts just thinking about it /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif)

Rod
04-02-2003, 12:44 PM
Kato,
Well lets look at it this way. I'd rather owe them to you than try to beat you out of them! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Hey you never know you might actually collect.

Rod