PDA

View Full Version : Corner Billiards

03-21-2002, 09:09 PM
I am going to New York this summer just to play at Corner Billiards. I am going to take a house cue off the wall and play the house mouse any game she wants to play and walk out a winner. No brag, just fact. Tired of the chest beating and bleating on the CCB.

rackmup
03-22-2002, 06:31 AM
It sounds to me like a "challenge" is being made...am I correct? And if so, who is the "HouseMouse?"

I need to know so I can get a piece of the action.

Ken (nosey, but in all of the right places)

Doctor_D
03-22-2002, 07:20 AM
Good morning:

Sounds like an event worth witnessing. Let us know when!

Dr. D.

03-22-2002, 09:46 AM
I stop in at Corner every so often, let me know when you're playing.

03-22-2002, 10:13 AM
any CCBers play there regularly weekdays and/or lunch hours?

I work right a few blocks away and plan to start "lunching" there- it'd be great to meet some of you.

-Danny

03-22-2002, 11:00 AM
Billy please do let us know when you're coming. Having been one who's seen you play I sincerely hope you'll find time to play me too after you've returned from the cash machine after your loss to cheesemouse.

I believe you and I have a score to settle. You're not going to be "thinned skinned" about this now, are you? It's all in good fun and lets battle it out on the table.

Fran

CarolNYC
03-22-2002, 05:44 PM
Who the heck is the cheesemouse?LMAO-hey Fran, I guess after you its Tony Robles, then Danny Barouty!LMAO
Let me know when- I gotta see this?
Carol

Tom_In_Cincy
03-22-2002, 06:07 PM
Please let us know the outcome of your New York adventure. We will be very interested and "can't wait" for the results.

cuechick
03-22-2002, 06:13 PM
Hey Fran.
I think that the original post is a challenge directed to you. He says "house mouse" and "she" so
I assume he means Corner's House Pro/female. So that would be you! Go get him girl!!! /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif
cuechick

Nostroke
03-22-2002, 06:14 PM
Dont try the Roast Beef

Voodoo Daddy
03-22-2002, 07:06 PM
Can the rail get action...HAHAHAHAHAHA. I would fly the 1750 miles to watch this.

Voodoo...laughing with a sinister tone

JimS
03-22-2002, 07:20 PM
The only chest beating and bleating I've seen on this board for a helluva long time is all contained in your post.

03-23-2002, 02:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: brookeland billy:</font><hr> I am going to New York this summer just to play at Corner Billiards. I am going to take a house cue off the wall and play the house mouse any game she wants to play and walk out a winner. No brag, just fact. Tired of the chest beating and bleating on the CCB. <hr></blockquote>

i've no idea why you posted that billy. you've not responded since the original, somewhat strange post.

wazzzup?

dan

03-23-2002, 04:29 AM
Forgive my being off the subject but I am new to billiards and wanted to say that I saw a wonderful video on beginning billiards by Thomas Crown. Does anyone know if this man is still alive; does he make more videos?

Also, I used to be the #1 front end grocery checker in Willow Glen San Jose CA about 22 years ago and we had a thin, short, little man with I believe a New York accent who used to purchase a half a pint of whiskey just about daily, a fine fellow and quite personable, he was know as "Fast Eddie" and said he was the only person in the world at the time to play the only perfect game of Snooker. I would be surprised if he was still alive today, for he must have been in his seventies twenty-one or twenty-two years ago. Does anyone know more about Fast Eddie?

03-23-2002, 04:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Johnny Jack:</font><hr> Forgive my being off the subject but I am new to billiards and wanted to say that I saw a wonderful video on beginning billiards by Thomas Crown. Does anyone know if this man is still alive; does he make more videos?

Also, I used to be the #1 front end grocery checker in Willow Glen San Jose CA about 22 years ago and we had a thin, short, little man with I believe a New York accent who used to purchase a half a pint of whiskey just about daily, a fine fellow and quite personable, he was know as "Fast Eddie" and said he was the only person in the world at the time to play the only perfect game of Snooker. I would be surprised if he was still alive today, for he must have been in his seventies twenty-one or twenty-two years ago. Does anyone know more about Fast Eddie? <hr></blockquote>

CarolNYC
03-23-2002, 05:36 AM
HOUSEMICE! Still LMAO!
Carol

cuechick
03-23-2002, 01:27 PM
CArol what does LMAO mean?????

03-23-2002, 02:24 PM
it means laughing my @$$ off

03-23-2002, 02:27 PM
Anyone know who the male house pro is? I believe an old friend plays there with him, but it is possible I am mistaken and he might play at Amsterdam. His name is Dan, asian and pretty damn good. Anyone know of him?

cuechick
03-23-2002, 03:21 PM
The male pro at Corner is Tony Robles. It is also my home room and I do not know a Dan? Unless you mean Danny Barouty? He is also a house pro at Corner and a great Straight pool player....but he is not Asian, so I am not sure whou you are talking about.

Oh thanks for explaining the LMAO, I actually figured it out after I posted the question/ccboard/images/icons/blush.gif

03-23-2002, 10:53 PM
Go get 'im Fran!! And make sure you call me first so I can Watch!!!

03-30-2002, 11:57 PM
That sounds like it would be Dan Louie, a very strong player. Like many Asians, Dan hides his true age very well. - Chris in NC