PDA

View Full Version : Fast Larry in DC

bluewolf
03-29-2003, 06:34 PM
After leaving the new york area, Fast stopped at our house north of DC. We had a fine time eating and talking and listening to his stories and ideas. He stayed here and left here today on his trek to Atlanta, Georgia.

He showed WW and I so much stuff that my head hurt and I got punchy and couldn’t stand up.

Considering the social event of the occasion, Larry still managed to show us a number of new ideas.

1) Draw
2) Force follow
3) Drills for position
4) Breaking
5) Masse
6) Power Shooting
7) Cb control
8) Trick shots
9) Vast knowledge on types of table, cues, shafts
10) Demonstrated what makes a good break stick
11) Banking-when to cut and when to use English in banks
12) Stances for different shots
13) Bridge length for different shots.

Fast is quite a personality and does have things to teach advanced students as well as new ones like me.

Also the interaction between my three dogs and his 'wonder dog',max, was very interesting.My malamute adores our little husky puppy. It took him a few hours to realize that Max was not going to hurt his little baby.Up until then rocky followed max around and growled if max and the husky played.It is so amazing the way that Rocky, who weighs about 110, adores that little girl. At once point, the 35 lb sibe started picking on 135 pound max, knowing that the big guy(rocky) was there to back her up. By this morning,though, Rocky the mal had figured that Max was okay. It was very interesting to watch the whole thing.

Very interesting, enlightening and educational experience all the way around.

Laura

bluewolf
03-30-2003, 09:41 AM
BTW, if you look at the pic under my name, that is a pic of my siberian husky, paris, at the age of 3 months. She is now one year old. Fast was extremely impressed with her spunk and intelligence.

It is funny how you can over look something like that. We figured that she is reasonably bright but that is the alaskan malamute rocky, who is the genius.

And our mix, who appears the least bright of them all because he does not open cabinets, doors etc like the northern dogs too, that is the one who can spell.

Laura

wolfsburg2
03-30-2003, 09:47 AM
my buddy has a husky, the dog hates my buddies mother's bf. one day when they went out, the dog went upstairs, opened the closet door, took out his jacket, brought it to the kitchen, and dumped on it /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

bluewolf
03-30-2003, 09:56 AM
Dogs are funny the way they express their feelings since they cannot speak english. I had a 92% wolf (who you can see in whitewolf's profile, my hubbie}. Like most wolves, they are used to a steady diet of meat. Once we had steak and did not give any to sam, the wolf. He walked over to where my husbands jacket was drapped over a chair,and peed on it.

Laura

03-30-2003, 10:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> Dogs are funny the way they express their feelings since they cannot speak english
[OR SPANISH EITHER]
. I had a 92% wolf
[ARE YOU SURE IT WASN'T 99.44%?]
(who you can see in whitewolf's profile, my hubbie}. Like most wolves
[WHO DON'T LIKE BEING OUT OF THE WILD]
, they are used to a steady diet of meat. Once we had steak and did not give any to sam, the wolf. He walked over to where my husbands jacket was drapped
[DRAPPED-CAN YOU EXPLAIN DRAPPED?]
over a chair,and peed on it.

Laura [YappingWolf] <hr /></blockquote>
/ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

eg8r
03-30-2003, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
. I had a 92% wolf
[ARE YOU SURE IT WASN'T 99.44%?] <hr /></blockquote> Alf, this part I understand. 92% has got to be a guess, but this quote...
[ QUOTE ]
[DRAPPED-CAN YOU EXPLAIN DRAPPED?] <hr /></blockquote> is ridiculous. I surely hope you never mis-spell anything on here.

eg8r

TomBrooklyn
03-30-2003, 08:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr>Once we had steak and did not give any to sam, the wolf. He walked over to where my husbands jacket was drapped over a chair,and peed on it.<hr /></blockquote>Last night I saw the movie WOLF on TBS Superstation with Jack Nicholson playing the lead role of a man who turned into a werewolf. In a bathroom scene with a coworker he disliked where he worked, he peed on the coworkers shoe. Also starring Michelle Phippher, I give this supernatural murder mystery 2 1/2 stars. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Then there was ANIMAL starring Roy Schneider as a man restored to health after a terrible auto wreck with transplanted animal parts. He peed around different places to mark his territory. Haha. Comedy 2 3/4 stars.

bluewolf
03-30-2003, 09:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> Then there was ANIMAL starring Roy Schneider as a man restored to health after a terrible auto wreck with transplanted animal parts. He peed around different places to mark his territory. Haha. Comedy 2 3/4 stars. <hr /></blockquote>

I loved the movie wolf!

You should have just seen sam, the wolf on his walks. He just peed on everything marking his territory.

Laura