PDA

View Full Version : CNN reporter says U.S. war plans have failed

03-31-2003, 02:27 AM
First of all, let me say that I am against the war in Iraq.
On the otherhand, seeing that we are at war in Iraq I question the decision of this well-established reporter going on Iraqi TV and saying that U.S. war plans have failed. It
is not so much what he said(as I feel there was poor planning on the part of the U.S.), it is the fact that he said
it on Iraqi T.V. If he would have made the comment on any other news forum(even al-jazeera) I would not be so shocked.
Being a firm pacifist, and being a strong believer in
civil-disobediance as opposed to violence this is quite a statement coming from myself.
But making that particular comment on Iraqi T.V. seems questionable. What do others think?

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/03/30/sprj.irq.arnett/index.html

stickman
03-31-2003, 10:08 AM
Maybe the Iraqi State owned TV network will hire him, since no one here will pay him to report for them now. He claims that he made a mistake. What an understatement! I thought his comments were just short of treasonous.

Sid_Vicious
03-31-2003, 12:08 PM
First I will agree that something is amiss in my opinion concerning the accomplishments in winning this war, so I don't fault P.A. for that view, just that he should not have been done so in the venue he chose to say it on. Back to the war plan, I would like to have it txplained just how a city like Bagdad is going to be taken control of? Seriously, the Iraqi soldiers are dressing in civilian clothes when fighting, they intentionally parade old men, women and children as shields which the US has made clear will not draw fire...is there an avenue here to allow us to win this dam thing, or are we in for another Viet Nam stretch until we give up? Unless we decide to either surround the city, turn off the lights and all supplies(yes to the civilians) and starve them out, saying to hack with the world opinion. I can't see much of a bright futute.

Arnett may have been right AND wrong...sid~~~still never go shocked and awed, nor did the kids there in Bagdad resuming their street games...maybe back to the drawing board for this war

Wally_in_Cincy
03-31-2003, 12:33 PM
OMG...........

What an a-hole.

He just caused many more unecessary deaths to occur on both sides.

He is a US citizen born in New Zealand. This is treasonous.

Tom_In_Cincy
03-31-2003, 02:08 PM
It didn't take long for NBC to do the 'right' thing

<a href="thinghttp://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/03/31/sprj.irq.arnett/index.html" target="_blank">thinghttp://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/03/31/sprj.irq.arnett/index.html</a>

snipershot
03-31-2003, 05:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> OMG...........

What an a-hole.

<hr /></blockquote>

Couldn't agree more.

eg8r
03-31-2003, 06:38 PM
Well, it took a little too long. NBC stood for him at first. Once NBC saw the uproar they decided it would be better PR to fire him.

Other good news in Iraq...Geraldo Rivera was kicked out by the military. While I do like Fox, I thought Geraldo was slapping their faces. Geraldo claims he has made this transformation and is now a conservative, but I seriously doubt that has happened. The military must think he was giving away their position a little too often and decided he should be sent back.

Bye bye Geraldo (thank goodness), now if only Fox would fire him.

eg8r

04-01-2003, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
First I will agree that something is amiss in my opinion concerning the accomplishments in winning this war, so I don't fault P.A. for that view, just that he should not have been done so in the venue he chose to say it on. <hr /></blockquote>

I agree... He has the right to say whatever he wishes, just as I have the right to question the direction of this ongoing war. However, I think by saying what he did on Iraqi T.V. he allowed himself to become a puppet for Hussein's political machine.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-01-2003, 07:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote johnnypanic:</font><hr>
I agree... He has the right to say whatever he wishes, just as I have the right to question the direction of this ongoing war. However, I think by saying what he did on Iraqi T.V. he allowed himself to become a puppet for Hussein's political machine. <hr /></blockquote>

He's been Saddam's bobo for 13 years. Why stop now? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif