PDA

View Full Version : Pink 5 ball ...

Snyder1
03-31-2003, 04:32 PM
I've seen a pink 5 ball used on TV ... I think it would be kinda cool to have a set with a pink 5 ball, but I've searched all the major billiards supply houses & can't find anyone who carries a pink 5 ball set. Just curious if this is a "made for TV" set ... to attract attention (it worked on me /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif). Anybody know the background on the pink 5 ball or where I can get one or a set ? Much appreciated ...

John

Barbara
03-31-2003, 04:41 PM
John,

Those sets of balls were specially made for the WPBA for tv use.

Sorry, but you can't get a set like them on the public market unless the WPBA is selling them.

Barbara

Flyin-Q
03-31-2003, 05:09 PM
Check out Mullers. They have a set of Super Aramith Pro TV Balls which sell for 154.94. The 4 and 12 are pink.

Flyin-Q

cheesemouse
03-31-2003, 05:22 PM
Send Brady Behrman a 'pm' and see if he has any sets left.

Fred Agnir
03-31-2003, 05:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Snyder1:</font><hr> I've seen a pink 5 ball used on TV ... I think it would be kinda cool to have a set with a pink 5 ball, but I've searched all the major billiards supply houses &amp; can't find anyone who carries a pink 5 ball set. Just curious if this is a "made for TV" set ... to attract attention (it worked on me /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif). Anybody know the background on the pink 5 ball or where I can get one or a set ? Much appreciated ...

John <hr /></blockquote>Any time you need to find some billiard thingy, it's usually available at Muellers, if nowhere else. And lo and behold, this one's no different:

http://www.poolndarts.com/product.cfm?sku=SP50

Of course, the reason you can't find it is because it's the 4-ball that's pink, not the 5-ball.

Fred

Snyder1
03-31-2003, 11:36 PM
I figured you all would have the answers !! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JS

sneakypapi
03-31-2003, 11:39 PM
Just a little known fact about the balls used on some Women's WPBA events is the pink is not just for prettiness, it has function making the contrast better for TV viewing. Also, if you notice closely the 7 ball is a brown color for TV as well.