PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected Payday

snipershot
03-31-2003, 05:34 PM
Late last night me and a friend stopped by an old place I go to once in a while, it was the first time I've been there in over six months. Anyways it was about one in the morning and I was starting to get tired out/ready to call it a night when my friend insisted we shoot a couple quick games of eight ball before the owner shut the place down, I didn't even have my own cue with me but I agreed to have a couple quick games anyway.

This place has an eightball pot that had been growing for a while now, whenever someone knocks a ball off the table they have to throw a buck in and when someone sinks the eight ball off the break the pot is theirs. So I went up to the table and on the first break what ya know the eight ball goes down. I spent the next 10 to 15 minutes counting out one dollar coins to make change.I won $150 for my effort and became no longer tired quite quickly and had a smile from ear to ear the whole way home /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Snipershot> still smiling now that I think of it /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Karatemom
03-31-2003, 06:10 PM
Way to go! That was a nice ending to the day, huh?

Heide

03-31-2003, 07:10 PM
So does that 150$ Canadian dollars amount to about 10$ U.S. Dollars?

Just kidding

snipershot
03-31-2003, 09:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dinkdinkplop:</font><hr> So does that 150$ Canadian dollars amount to about 10$ U.S. Dollars?

Just kidding <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, something like that /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Predator314
04-01-2003, 08:05 AM
I was playing in a ring game at an old, dinky pool hall a couple years back. They had a jug that if you put 50 cents in it everytime you came, and made both the 5 and the 9 on the break, you won the jug. The ring game they play is like a circus. They play $1 on the 5 and $1 on the 9. I've seen as many as 8 people playing in the same game. I was in it one night and doing pretty good. Then I broke and made both money balls. I won the jug. It had about $150 in it (American money /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif). It amazed me that will all those people, it took a couple of months for someone to make the 5 &amp; 9 on the break.