PDA

View Full Version : It's about time

snipershot
03-31-2003, 05:44 PM
The baseball season is finally rolling now, I'm 10 minutes from sitting down and watching the first Jays game of the year, their playing the Yankees and will have their hands full with a more talented, overpayed, veteran team. I don't think Anaheim will repeat this year but I can't really guess as to who will win it all anyways. Who do you think has the best chance at going all the way?

eg8r
03-31-2003, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
their playing the Yankees and will have their hands full with a more talented, overpayed, veteran team. <hr /></blockquote> Boy isn't that a mouthful.

Yes, I am happy my favorite season is now beginning.

eg8r

9 Ball Girl
03-31-2003, 07:47 PM
I'm a die hard Yankee fan that may not see this season again because Cablevision doesn't support the YES channel. Now, I think there might've been something in the works--we were going to get it but we didn't know if we were going to be charged extra for it, but today I heard that all deals were off! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Wendy~~misses her Yankees /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Rod
03-31-2003, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who do you think has the best chance at going all the way? <hr /></blockquote>

If you had asked me that a couple of nights ago I'd say the guy with the chick all over him!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Beesball I don't know. LOL

Tom_In_Cincy
03-31-2003, 09:19 PM
I only root for two teams in baseball..

The REDS and any team playing the Yankees

snipershot
03-31-2003, 09:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr>

If you had asked me that a couple of nights ago I'd say the guy with the chick all over him!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

HAHAHAHAHA /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good point /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eg8r
03-31-2003, 09:54 PM
Good news Wendy...http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2003/0331/1531967.html

They struck a deal.

Bad news....Jeter is out for a few weeks and possibly as long as a couple months. Dislocated his shoulder.

eg8r

Voodoo Daddy
04-01-2003, 04:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> I only root for two teams in baseball..

<hr /></blockquote>

Funny Tom, thats how I root...just in reverse. Too bad Pete "Charlie Hustle" Rose didnt play in pinstripes, he'd be in the HOF already!!

9 Ball Girl
04-01-2003, 08:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> I only root for two teams in baseball..

<hr /></blockquote>

Well, nobody's perfect. http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/shooter.gif

Kato
04-01-2003, 08:44 AM
I root for 4 teams. The Marlin's and anyone playing the Braves and the Red Sox and anyone playing the Yankees.

The Marlin's have decided to dump salaries, pay Mike Hampton 10 million dollars to pitch for a division rival, and sign no long term deals to lock up their players. I always hold out that the Marlins will be sold to someone who wants to win. The Red Sox were bought by John Henry, someone I despise. That's brutal, how does my favorite team get sold and the owner goes and buys my second favorite team /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif? The humanity.

Kato

9 Ball Girl
04-01-2003, 08:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Good news Wendy...http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2003/0331/1531967.html

They struck a deal. <hr /></blockquote>
Allllright!!!!!!!! http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/1040738391.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>Bad news....Jeter is out for a few weeks and possibly as long as a couple months. Dislocated his shoulder. eg8r <hr /></blockquote>
Too bad. I thought they could just pop the sucker right back in and sit it out for a couple of hours 'til that aching feeling goes away. 'least that's what I do when it happens to me. I'm doublejointed.

eg8r
04-01-2003, 10:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Too bad. I thought they could just pop the sucker right back in and sit it out for a couple of hours 'til that aching feeling goes away. 'least that's what I do when it happens to me. I'm doublejointed. <hr /></blockquote> Nope, this is baseball not ice hockey. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
04-01-2003, 10:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Red Sox were bought by John Henry, someone I despise. That's brutal, how does my favorite team get sold and the owner goes and buys my second favorite team ? The humanity. <hr /></blockquote> It does not matter who owns the Red Sox, their future was determined a long time ago. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Kato
04-01-2003, 03:35 PM
The curse is non existent. This is their year.

Kato

snipershot
04-02-2003, 08:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>
Bad news....Jeter is out for a few weeks and possibly as long as a couple months. Dislocated his shoulder.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

I saw the collision, the Yankees were crying after the game that it was a dirty hit by Ken Huckaby /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif(the Jays catcher) I don't think it was, anybody who knows this guy knows he isn't a dirty player at all, if you saw the look of concern on his face when the trainers were tending to Jeter on the field the Yankees would know what happened was a complete accident. This is baseball not dancing, injuries are going to happen, it's unfortunate the Yankees lost their star player but it's part of the game as well.

eg8r
04-02-2003, 08:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I saw the collision, the Yankees were crying after the game that it was a dirty hit by Ken Huckaby (the Jays catcher) I don't think it was, anybody who knows this guy knows he isn't a dirty player at all, if you saw the look of concern on his face when the trainers were tending to Jeter on the field the Yankees would know what happened was a complete accident. This is baseball not dancing, injuries are going to happen, it's unfortunate the Yankees lost their star player but it's part of the game as well. <hr /></blockquote> I think most people know that it was not a dirty play. I am sure the yanks will manage without him but this is definitely a bad way to start the season.

eg8r

eg8r
04-02-2003, 08:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The curse is non existent. This is their year.
<hr /></blockquote> LOL, you might have to prove that. They are going to be happy if they get out of Tampa alive. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It is all well and good to have Pedro, but when the relievers are only at least as good as Chan Ho Park you can look for this to be a long season. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Kato
04-02-2003, 09:04 AM
Being in the same division as the Yankees makes all seasons long.

I know curses aren't real though. Here's a for instance. Monday night is my APA 9-ball league. One player on my team is just dying to "put me in the box" against another guy there. I told him I don't like to gamble but he pushed some money into my hand and said to just play a couple of short sets. The guy with whom I was supposed to play sent one of his Jamaciaan buddies over to clock my game. Well, after putting a few racks on him he muttered some words that I didn't understand, told me he put a curse on me. Then he broke in 2 straight 9's. Told me I was frustrated and the curse was working, I just laughed and proceeded to pound out wins for the next 45 minutes. See the curse didn't work. Of course the guy I was supposed to play slipped out the door as I slammed in the 10th 9 in a row. See, no curse!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif3

Kato

eg8r
04-02-2003, 10:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, after putting a few racks on him he muttered some words that I didn't understand, told me he put a curse on me. Then he broke in 2 straight 9's. Told me I was frustrated and the curse was working, I just laughed and proceeded to pound out wins for the next 45 minutes. See the curse didn't work. Of course the guy I was supposed to play slipped out the door as I slammed in the 10th 9 in a row. See, no curse!!!!!! 3 <hr /></blockquote> Well, there you have it. Never was a curse in the first place. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Boston just has never had a good team. LOL

I sure hope the Rangers score a little more than they did last night. Their game depends soley on the ability to score 15 runs a night. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif It is not like pitching and defense is there to save them.

eg8r