PDA

View Full Version : Huge Chicago Tournament $15,000 added Guaranteed!

Bob
03-31-2003, 08:23 PM
Huge OPEN tournament in the Chicagoland area. $15,000 Guaranteed Added! All information is at www.midwestopen.com (http://www.midwestopen.com) NO PROS!

JPB
03-31-2003, 10:13 PM
How can you have an open tournament with no pros? Who decides who is a pro in a sport that pays prize money in all tournaments? How bad do you have to be to play? And I don't think the 15K added is very accurate given that it is chopped up among events. Sure, it is generous, but why not advertise "tournaments" rather than "tournament" with 15K added?

I don't mean to be a wise ass. I really don't understand how there can be a pro/amateur distinction in pool. If there is, please explain it and tell me what organizing body decides who is a pro or amateur. or do we just know it when we see it? I'm really not trying to be difficult, but am curious.

Perk
04-02-2003, 11:03 AM
I believe that if I am correct, Jesse Bowman won the last midwest open that was held there. Same format. Guess he must not be a professional.

<--wishes the water around here served up some natural abilities.

Karatemom
04-02-2003, 02:00 PM
Jesse is becoming dangerously close to being banned from amateur events. After taking off the nationals last May, he can't get back in unless it's in the pro division. I don't know what Bob and John will do this time around.

Heide

Perk
04-02-2003, 02:20 PM
Wouldnt ya just hate to have to be banned from an Amatuer event? LOL Not in my lifetime. It does make ya wonder, how many pro tournys do you have to play in before you cant play in the amatuers. Is there a monetary amount that once you surpass via tourneys that you are classifyed as a pro? In our area we have a few that are top amatuers, but not pro. When do they get the boot? Just ramblin now.

Jimmy Mendoza
04-02-2003, 03:52 PM
Is this on bar tables or big tables?

cheesemouse
04-02-2003, 05:32 PM
Kmom& Perk.
I had a chance to watch this Jesse Bowman play acouple matches this past weekend at Jackpot Junction. This kid is the real deal. He reminds me of Droopy in "Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs" in that he looks like he is bored to death while playing. He is a real talent for a 20yr old. He plays fast and loose.....I like that in a nineballer....heheheheh....I finished higher than he did......heheheheheh.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

04-02-2003, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this on bar tables or big tables? <hr /></blockquote>

Jimmy,

I was wondering that too, and the website says 7' tables for games.

Mike

Karatemom
04-02-2003, 07:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr> Kmom&amp; Perk.
I had a chance to watch this Jesse Bowman play acouple matches this past weekend at Jackpot Junction. This kid is the real deal. He reminds me of Droopy in "Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs" in that he looks like he is bored to death while playing. He is a real talent for a 20yr old. He plays fast and loose.....I like that in a nineballer....heheheheh....I finished higher than he did......heheheheheh.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Way to go Cheese!

Heide

Perk
04-03-2003, 07:57 AM
Bar Tables.

Another note, maybe ya got to get to 21 to become pro..lol