PDA

View Full Version : Christ's big night

Karatemom
03-31-2003, 10:47 PM
It's Monday night and my son and I go to our regularly scheduled 8 ball tourney at the local ph. There aren't enough players for a draw, so we play round robin. There are only 5 of us, paying $5 each entry. Myself, Christ, and Jeff who are all ranked a 5 in handicap 9 ball, Todd ranked a 7, and Nick ranked probably somewhere near 8 or 9.

Christ and I play each other right off the bat. I've got 3 stripes and he's got one solid left, plus the 8. He gets down on the 8 and I let him know (like an idiot) that he's shooting on the wrong ball. He sinks the one ball, the 8, and wins that game. It's a 2/3 match by the way. I win the 2nd game, so it's hill, hill. The last match, I've got 1 ball left on the table and he's got the 8. Someone said something behind him and he accidentally hit the cb, but I let it go, and he won the match.

The kid wins 2 more times until he loses to Nick, the better of us all.

So it comes down to the finals, Nick won 4 matches and Christ won 3, so it's the two of them in the final match. Same game, 2/3.

The first game, Nick breaks, doesn't make a ball, and Christ runs the table - OMG!!!!! 1 - 0. The 2nd game, Nick wins. The last game, Nick plays safe on Christ. Christ only has the 8. Nick walks over while Christ is down on the shot to make sure that he played the safe correctly, which he didn't. And Christ sinks the 8 for the win.

Winner takes all - $25 to Christ Cass!

Talk about being torn. I was so upste with myself about the way I shot, but at the same time, I was the proudest mom on the face of the earth! I debated making him pay me the entry fee back, but kept my mouth shut and let him keep all of his winnings.

Kato and Voodoo - look out!

Heide ~ proud mom

04-01-2003, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Myself, Christ, and Jeff who are all ranked a 5 in handicap 9 ball, Todd ranked a 7, and Nick ranked probably somewhere near 8 or 9. <hr /></blockquote>

No offense, but neither you or your friends have played me in a game of pool. I will remember this come Judgement Day; it is a sin to bare false witness.

Jesus Christ

04-01-2003, 01:33 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif oh I bet you were the happiest person on this earth! my son is just starting out and I been reading endlessly on this forum trying to teach myself something so I can help him. I know for sure the day he wins a game, any game...I would feel the same as you. I anticipate that day and can not wait.

I am very happy for you and yours /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Voodoo Daddy
04-01-2003, 04:30 AM
Weirdo's gotta go...he's not funny and borders offensive

bluewolf
04-01-2003, 05:45 AM
Agreed. At least block him from sending people insulting pms.

Laura

bluewolf
04-01-2003, 05:47 AM
Congratulations to christ!!! Sounds like he inherited some good genes!!!!

Laura

Leviathan
04-01-2003, 05:55 AM
Ain't that great? Christ will remember this with pleasure for a long, long time. You and Chris have taught him self-confidence, and that's very important for a kid, or for anyone. Please say hello to Chris for me. Tell him my stroke is all to hell, but I'm winning with trick shots. But how long can that last?

A huge freakin' wild turkey wandered through our subdivision a couple of days ago, scared the crap outta the neighborhood cats and dogs. There's always something to smile about, you know it?

--Duke

jjinfla
04-01-2003, 06:46 AM
Way to go Heide, Afterall, isn't pool supposed to be fun? I am sure Christ will remember that night for a long time. And so will you, as the proud mother. Sometimes you win more by losing. Jake

Karatemom
04-01-2003, 06:56 AM
I know my son doesn't take instruction very well. His dad is very good, taught me everything I know, and tries to teach him, but he doesn't like to listen, "he knows everything already", LOL. I think it is so great to see kids so interested in our game.

Heide

Karatemom
04-01-2003, 06:57 AM
Thanks, Laura. He didn't inherit any of mine, or he would have lost /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif. It's all Dad, but he'll tell you different.

Heide

Karatemom
04-01-2003, 07:03 AM
Hiya, Duke! Christ learned most of his self-confidence through karate. He has no problem standing in fromt of hundreds of people doing what he does best. He walks, talks, and has a aura of self-confidence like you wouldn't believe. There are times when his head gets a bit too big for his shoulders. Sometimes I straighten him out, but he's just 10. Hopefully he'll grow into that enormous ego, LOL.

Your stroke and mine as well. I was shooting pretty good for a while, before it went way downhill last night. Just couldn't seem to string anything together.

I'll be smiling and laughing about that wild turkey for days! My gut hurts so bad from laughing when I read that. Now I know how to put a smile on my face, just come back to your post and read about that wild turkey! hahahahahaha.

Take care,

Heide

bluewolf
04-01-2003, 07:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> Thanks, Laura. He didn't inherit any of mine, or he would have lost /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif. It's all Dad, but he'll tell you different.

Heide <hr /></blockquote>

I dont believe that for a second. You are very good also.

Laura

Karatemom
04-01-2003, 07:05 AM
This is one Christ won't forget for a long time. I'm not so upset that I lost, just about the way I played, LOL. All of his wins make up for my mistakes last night. Sometimes it's just not about me. I've had my share of wins and now it's his turn.

Heide

Karatemom
04-01-2003, 07:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jesus:</font><hr> No offense, but neither you or your friends have played me in a game of pool. I will remember this come Judgement Day; it is a sin to bare false witness.

Jesus Christ <hr /></blockquote>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You don't know how funny that is saying that to me.

Heide

Scott Lee
04-01-2003, 07:21 AM
Way to go Christ! Good for you winning the whole shebang!...even if you had to beat your Mom to do it! This is just the first of many triumphs on the green cloth that you will experience in your life! Keep up the good work!

Way to go Mom! You have every right to be extremely proud of your son, and his great accomplishment!

Scott

Rod
04-01-2003, 02:13 PM
Congrats to CC junior! He's holding up the CC tradition. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Sounds like he played a great game and a runout is very impressive. Way to go Christ, just remember everyone will not be as kind as mom, I'm sure you know that. Keep up the good playing, your always just one more shot from a win, until you win.

Rod

Karatemom
04-01-2003, 05:15 PM
Believe me, I reminded him that he wouldn't be where he ended up if it wasn't for me being so nice, LOL. I told him not to take advantage of other people's kindness, so HAND OVER THE DOUGH! j/k. I let him keep it.

Heide

Karatemom
04-01-2003, 05:17 PM
This is just too cute to pass up. I told him that you had posted about him, and he said, "No way, the ACTUAL Scott Lee!?!?" You're an icon over here, whether you know it or not, hahahahahahaha.

Heide ~ maybe he thinks you're related to Jeanette, hahaha, j/k

Barbara
04-01-2003, 05:24 PM
Way to go Christ!! Is this the first time you've run a rack, too?

I'll bet Christ gets himself an envelope and squirrels away his tourny winnings! I did that and bought myself a real special present!! ;D!

Barbara~~~still squirrels away those tourny winnings... whenever that happens anymore... /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

snipershot
04-01-2003, 05:59 PM
Bluewolf, Voodoo Daddy, I'm definitely in agreement about that Jesus weirdo, he's got problems or maybe he's just really stupid.

Karatemom
04-01-2003, 07:08 PM
No, not the first time he's run a rack. He's done it several other times before. As for the winnings, they went straight into his piggy bank. He is saving for something, but he's not sure quite what. He wants a new bike, like 2 aren't enough LOL, a new video game, but he will have to choose, or wait til he has enough for both.

I'm in the same boat you are. I don't remember the last time I came in the dough.

Heide

Rich R.
04-02-2003, 06:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> maybe he thinks you're related to Jeanette, <hr /></blockquote>
I see the resemblence. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Kato
04-02-2003, 10:45 AM
Bring him to Virginia, I'll play him. Ain't playin' no 8 ball but I'll play him 9 or 10 ball. Jeez, kids winnin' 8 ball tounaments.

Kato

Karatemom
04-02-2003, 01:57 PM
No, don't do that. He's better at 9 ball than 8. I'll play him 8 ball, but I hate playing him 9 ball. He always wins!!!! The only game I can crush him at consistently is one pocket. At least I've still got something on him, LOL

Heide

Kato
04-02-2003, 03:30 PM
I might be just a tad better than you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif Not much mind you, but maybe just enough to beat the young whipper-snapper. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Kato~~~fears not Christ Cass nor Chriss Cass, merely Karatemom, the dominate alpha in the Cass family.