PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Joss Tour..Rochester (a little long)

cueball1950
03-31-2003, 11:57 PM
I watched some pretty good matches. The most memorable will be Charlie Williams/Ian Costello.With CW leading 8/4 in a race to 9 Ian fought his way back to tie it 8/8. After a couple of safes CW tries a half table cut on the 5 ball in the corner and misses. Ian gets the chance to run out and does. Little Alex was there. Still a character. Always fun to have around. Earl was his usual self. But he must be changing. he stayed around for a couple of hours after his last match on Saturday and was hitting a few balls. Also signing autographs and taking pictures with anyone who asked. I finally introduced my self to CW. We had a chat for a few minutes. He was his usual self. Keith was keith as usual. I asked him if it was really him posting on here. And it is him. Someone made the remark that they never thought Keith could come back.But they said they were wrong and now he is a contender wherever he plays. No matter what tournament. he must be right. Just look at the brackets on azbilliards and see who he had to beat. it was a stellar field with Earl, keith, little Alex, ian Costello, CW, danny hewitt(who just won the 10 ball challenge in NJ) Mike Zuglan, Ryan McCreesh,Mark Ford. plus a host of others. All in all a good time with great matches...........Mike

Wally_in_Cincy
04-01-2003, 07:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr>

....Earl was his usual self. But he must be changing. he stayed around for a couple of hours after his last match on Saturday and was hitting a few balls. Also signing autographs and taking pictures with anyone who asked....
<hr /></blockquote>

Did Earl mention his new bout with kidney stones? On the other side this time apparently.

cueball1950
04-01-2003, 08:37 PM
He sure did Wally. Said they flaired up during the 10 ball challenge. Claims that is why he did not win it.....Mike