PDA

View Full Version : BD CCB - You Have to Love this Place !!!

Doctor_D
03-22-2002, 07:17 AM
Good morning:

The Billiards Digest Cue Chalk Board - You Have to Love this Place !!!

Back in January I commented on how hooked I had become on the Discussion Forum. Needless to say my obsession, fueled by the quality and good heartedness of the CCB regulars and visitors alike, has done nothing but grow ever since.

Of all the chat boards on the net, at least the many which I have visited, the Billairds digest Discussion Forum has some of the most intelligent, experienced, knowledgable, savy and down right enjoyable people I have had the pleasure of knowing.

Kudos! To each and every one of you!

Dr. D.

Kato
03-22-2002, 10:18 AM
Good morning Doc and thanks. I know I at least speak for myself in saying this is a better forum with you on it. Anyway, this is as much a part of my day as anything I do. I'm sure it is for others. I carve out a little piece of my day to visit each and every one of you.

Kato~~~visits, time permitting.

Rich R.
03-22-2002, 12:01 PM
My schedule does not allow me to play pool every day, however, I do try to find time to check in on the CCB. It certainly helps get through the non-pool times. Rich R.~~~wish I was playing pool now.

CarolNYC
03-23-2002, 08:18 AM
Ha Ha HA-yes, I agree,when I sought advice from a psychologist friend,(having aced abnormal psychology in college)-sadly to say, after one and only visit-she is now seeing a psychiatrist!ha ha ha ha
Her prescription-CCB!
LMAO!
Have a great day!
Carol

Sid_Vicious
03-23-2002, 09:13 AM
I know you're not supposed to say anything if you don't have something good to say, but I will anyway. Since the cast away of the old familiar CCB format I've been running dual browser windows, the new CCB and playpool.com, and I find that most times I can not get the energetic posts and responses like the "old crew" provided. I also find that the quantity is less, but that's ok. I feel like the "old crew" when all in tack were more of a legacy group of players, and by losing even one of those pillars due to the change has caused a weaker discussion board. Sure the bulk of everyone who was the before drifts in and out of one or both boards, and the new CCB has the bells and whistles(which I really don't need smiley, flashing icons) BUT still "It just ain't the same." JMHO...sid~~~addicted to billiard discussions so will continue to run two browsers but wish that the old format was running in parallel for us old stubboun poo dogs

BillPorter
03-23-2002, 09:29 AM
Dr. D,

I agree with you regarding the quality of the posts and the posters on this board. Where else could you find pool Haikus, for example. Tony, Q-Guy, Jer and other cue makers have an amazing wealth of knowledge about cues and many posters are in the upper echelons of pool when it comes to playing or "sweatin." I check in several times a day.

BillPorter
03-23-2002, 09:41 AM
Don't get me wrong, I miss some of the regular posters from the old CCB. There were several regulars who rarely or never post on the board now. Now there were a couple who I don't miss! I still hope that eventually they will migrate back here...or maybe we'll just build a new core of great posters on the new version of the board. (I especially miss the old, old-timers who remember some of the stuff from 30, 40 or more years ago...Like Howie Pearl)

Doctor_D
03-23-2002, 10:02 AM
Good morning Kato:

Thank-you, for those kind words. Let me also say that I enjoy this forum because of the people and the content and that I look forward to reading the posts and sharing some insightful, as well as not so insightful, comments from time to time.

Dr. D.

Rich R.
03-23-2002, 10:55 AM
Bill, although he has not posted much in recent days, Howie Pearl has been a frequent poster with the new format. It appears to me that he is on top of this computer stuff and way ahead of many of us. I have no idea why he has not been posting in recent days, but I'm sure he will be back. Rich R.

cheesemouse
03-23-2002, 11:32 AM
I'm with the Doc on this one. I wish this board and by extention the Internet were availible to me when I fell in love with pool. The newbies in pool have a wonderful opportunity to gain from the knowledge and experiences(funny or serious) of the posters here in this interesting community. Every poolhall should have a desktop computer at the check-out counter connected and open to all who are paying the bills.