PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen this movie?

04-01-2003, 03:16 PM
I was surfing the net and came across an interesting link: http://www.chalkfilm.org/ Has anyone seen or heard about this movie?

q4summit
04-01-2003, 03:45 PM
I've heard its okay. Poolhall Junkies, Baltimore Bullet, and COM out do it.

Here's one for everyone. It's suppost to be the realest of hustling movies for our time. It's called "Running Out". Look for it online, you'll find a site to buy it. Its suppost to be very real but very disturbing as well.

Marc

cycopath
04-01-2003, 04:39 PM
It's ok, at best. It's really a little weird. Poor script. Poor cinematography. Poor acting.

cycopath
04-01-2003, 04:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote q4summit:</font><hr>Here's one for everyone. It's suppost to be the realest of hustling movies for our time. It's called "Running Out". Look for it online, you'll find a site to buy it.<hr /></blockquote>Do you have a link? I've looked for it online to no avail. I went so far as to contact the production company and recieved a reply from the director of the film that they are trying to get funds to reshoot the movie.

TomBrooklyn
04-01-2003, 05:17 PM
I'm wondering why you didn't put the title of the movie in the subject? Then when I opened the thread, I still didn't see it. I'm going no further to try to figure out what your asking about. -T

04-01-2003, 06:25 PM
I'm terribly sorry to have burdened you with the task of 3 mouse clicks. The title of the movie is "Chalk"

q4summit
04-01-2003, 08:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote q4summit:</font><hr>Here's one for everyone. It's suppost to be the realest of hustling movies for our time. It's called "Running Out". Look for it online, you'll find a site to buy it.<hr /></blockquote>Do you have a link? I've looked for it online to no avail. I went so far as to contact the production company and recieved a reply from the director of the film that they are trying to get funds to reshoot the movie. <hr /></blockquote>

Well its very intresting, in fact its just plain [censored] up. I a link on yahoo to some website last night (i was searching for pics for jeanette lee, that might help you find it since i can't find it again). They had a thread about poolhall junkies and someone posted that this movie, "running out", was better by far. They had a link to where you could read reviews/buy it.

Here's the [censored] up part. The director was scaming electronics on ebay to finance the film. He made it and it can be bought. Bad news. The director was indited and probably won't be making another movie again.

I know it appeared at a film festival not too long ago. I can tell ya what the cover of the movie looks like. Guy looks like a philipino getting ready to line up for a shot, bleechers in background (like a stadium type deal). Some cues are stacked up in the background too.

Keep searching, I will. Annoyed as hell that I can't find it again.

Marc

q4summit
04-01-2003, 09:08 PM
Found it /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif It is in limited release around the US in big cities (kinda like PHJ eh?). Not sure if it will hit video or dvd. With the way things are looking, they don't have the money to produce it and the writer is going to jail for 5 years. I doubt it, a shame, people enjoyed it.

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0302991

the page that had the thread was: www.onthesnap.com (http://www.onthesnap.com)
Its another neat billiards site.

Marc

P.S.
I guess i lied about where to buy it. Can't seem to find it, maybe it was all just a figment of my imagination ha.

bigbro6060
04-01-2003, 09:22 PM
I'd be interested in getting hold of a copy of this in any format

cycopath
04-01-2003, 09:52 PM
Thanks.
Yeah I'd already found that site. But I was curious about the site you said it was for sale at. I guess it was your imagination. Damn. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif