PDA

View Full Version : Please help with stroke problem...

JayCee
04-01-2003, 08:03 PM
I've discovered the major reason I miss shots is b/c of a stroke defect. All appears to be well when:
1.) I line up to the shot
2.) Address the CB with tip at desired position
3.) Take practice strokes and pause on final backswing

Problem is on final delivery stroke through CB to pocket OB. I AM NOT hitting the CORRECT predetermined spot on CB, which causes me to miss the shot. I practiced pocketing balls using only the VERTICAL axis of CB and got the same error in my stroke.

HOW CAN I CORRECT THIS???

Thanks in advance,

JC

EZMark
04-01-2003, 09:00 PM
Jay Cee, It will take you some practice but you must learn to stay steady on the shot, nothing moves except the shooting arm and then only from the elbow down until well after impact. Try to imagine there is a full glass of water resting on the elbow on your shooting arm and you do not want to spill a drop. This will help you in your game,lots of luck. Thnx EZMark

q4summit
04-01-2003, 09:23 PM
I have the same problem. I find that if I don't apply that "pause" before the final hit, my stroke is smooth and fluid. If you take 5 practice strokes, throw in 5 more and then hit it without the pause. The hit should be as if it were another practice stroke. Your brain won't register that your hitting the ball any differently than a practice stroke. This will only work if your practice strokes are all aiming at the same spot on the cue ball.

Lots of luck,
Marc

Rod
04-01-2003, 10:19 PM
JayCee,
One thing for certain your arm or wrist is moving from the original position. Could even be caused by body movement.

How far away is your tip from the c/b before your final stroke?

Does your cue hang roughly at a 90% angle at address.

Does your cue, lower arm and shoulder form a straight line with it under your chin? In other words the cue isn't tucked in or out and your wrist isn't bowed. It should roughly be over your right toes if your right handed.

The cause, well possibly your grip pressure increases which causes steering or you twist your wrist or both, very common. Next problem, your arm moves in to your body or out on the stroke.
You have body movement or your alignment is not quite right to begin with.

Stroke the cue on top of the table using the line formed between the cushion and table top. Your should see a pattern where the cue goes left or right of that line. You can even use a mirror there or at home on a kitchen table.
Your moving something, like I said the number one problem is related to tightening of the grip, it doesn't take much.
Normally it gets more severe as one shoots harder. Ever watch guys breaking balls? They try to hit so hard that the cue never hits the one flush. They get unwanted english and the c/b goes anywhere, no difference, it's just less as you decrease speed.

Having a short pause or long pause is no guarantee it won't happen. Sometimes even that can throw off your rythum if your not use to such. I doubt that is the problem though.

A well trained eye can spot what your doing within a minute.
Just some thoughts.

Rod

04-02-2003, 05:00 AM
Had the same problem until I made a final go/no-go check during the final pause to make sure the tip was absolutely still. Any movement would trigger a set-up do-over. If and when everything was quiet the shot then proceded pretty much on auto-pilot.

bluewolf
04-02-2003, 05:35 AM
Rod and other great pool players have given you some great suggestions. Since I am not nearly as experienced as they are,all that I can do is to tell you my experience and what I have been told.

When I first picked up a cue, my husband, who is a very good pool player, told me that without a proper stroke, I would never be very good at pool. He worked with me on it and I THOUGHT I had a good stroke.

I think that often we cannot see our own ideosyncrasies. Only an experienced observer can.

I took a lesson from a professional last august and I found out, much to my dismay, how many problems in my stroke there really were. After that lesson, I practiced that stroke everyday for months with my other drills.

Still, I was having trouble with twisting my wrist. I tried everything to correct this and finally developed 2 things that mostly corrected this. 1) A very light grip on the cue 2)a smooth, rhythmic pendulum movement.

I also went to randy gs pool school in oct (a great 3 day intensive) which was more intense diagnostics on my stroke among other things.

I had another lesson with scott, this time an all day one. My stroke was much better this time, although not perfect.

I additionally have had a lesson with Larry, although we worked mainly on other things.

As long as I am physically capable of playing pool, I will continue to have lessons so that I can become whatever I am capable of becoming.

From talking to experienced pool players, it seems that they always work on their stroke, to refine it, to make it more perfect.

My husband recently went to a professional pool school and even though this was targeting advanced skills, still elements of the stroke and alignment (how you are lined up with the shot and how you approach the shot) were discussed.

It appears that the stroke is so essential, I would venture to say that it is the hub of being able to play pool.

If it is at all possible, I would think that a good instructor would be able to diagnose what is going on with your stroke. Since you mention this happening between the pause and the delivery, it sounds like something might be happening that you are not aware of. A professional or at least an advanced pool player could probably look at your stroke and help you to figure out what is going on.

Essentially a beginner here but knows how important a stroke is.

Laura---->was takin a break

Fred Agnir
04-02-2003, 07:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JayCee:</font><hr>
Problem is on final delivery stroke through CB to pocket OB. I AM NOT hitting the CORRECT predetermined spot on CB, which causes me to miss the shot. I practiced pocketing balls using only the VERTICAL axis of CB and got the same error in my stroke.<hr /></blockquote>Question: Do you always miss the same way?

Fred &lt;~~~ thinks it's tough to know whether you're aiming at the right spot

04-02-2003, 10:54 AM
Read Blue wolf's final paragraph in her post, she tell's you exactly what to do. Fast Larry
www.fastlarrypool.com (http://www.fastlarrypool.com) VENI, VEDI, VICI....

bell
04-02-2003, 08:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote EZMark:</font><hr> Jay Cee, It will take you some practice but you must learn to stay steady on the shot, nothing moves except the shooting arm and then only from the elbow down until well after impact. Try to imagine there is a full glass of water resting on the elbow on your shooting arm and you do not want to spill a drop. This will help you in your game,lots of luck. Thnx EZMark <hr /></blockquote>

EZ, This is so simple - I tried it - IT WORKS, Thanks!
PS "A full glass" yes.

DSAPOLIS
04-02-2003, 09:24 PM
It is very hard to diagnose your problem over the internet. Regardless of what I, or anybody else says here in this forum, it would be wise of you to seek out a qualified instructor that can evaluate your stroke. From what you wrote, my first thought was that you are either moving forward during your follow through (not uncommon)or there is a problem in your breathing and your balance / stance, or your delivery (stroke). All of these factors need to work together like links in a chain. Weaken one link and the chain becomes useless. With the aid of an instructor, minor adjustments in one or all of these areas should alleviate the problem.

Snyder1
04-02-2003, 09:55 PM
I'm about in the same boat &amp; what I've found has been said here ... I concentrate on stroking the ball with the same cue motion as the practice strokes ... seems to work (for soft shots). EXCEPT, and its a BIG except ... when I'm trying to put a lot of speed, draw or follow on the ball. Seems to me that the hit stroke must be much different than the practice strokes if you're trying to really do something with the ball ?? This is where I get into trouble ... anybody have any thoughts on how to approach the practice strokes &amp; back swing of the shot stroke when you're really trying to move the CB with alot of action for the next shot ... thx.

JS

heater451
04-02-2003, 10:57 PM
Try to work on increasing the speed of the stroke, WITHOUT tensing up, and trying to "power" it. Concentrate on keeping your grip light.

The idea is what is referred to as "throwing the cue".

======================

Big_Jon
04-03-2003, 12:54 AM
your practice strokes should be the same speed as your final stroke, takes practice but you will get used to it, and try pausing on the last practice stroke with the cue tip almost touching the ball, it helps the muscle memory and after a few weeks you will do that without trying or noticing.

Thanks

Jon

bluewolf
04-03-2003, 06:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Big_Jon:</font><hr> your practice strokes should be the same speed as your final stroke, takes practice but you will get used to it, and try pausing on the last practice stroke with the cue tip almost touching the ball, it helps the muscle memory and after a few weeks you will do that without trying or noticing.

Thanks

Jon <hr /></blockquote>

This is where yes there is a good stroke but as far as a long pause at either the cb or the backswing, it seems to be a personal thing.

Also s full lag speed (xcept for short and or soft shots) on the preshot and accelerating through the cb on the final stroke for a good finish and freeze with the tip of the cue pointing down is what my instructors have seemed to say

The final backswing pause works great for ww . For me, it messes me up. Have been told by several instructors that if the pause does not work for me, that is okay. One thing, once I had the pendulum finish freeze, I did experiment with different pauses etc. In my opinion, it is the pendulum, finish freeze that is the most important.

just my .02

Laura

bluewolf
04-03-2003, 07:06 AM
This was given to me by my apa 7 husband when I first picked up a cue. I did later get excellent instruction but this was good for starting towards having a stroke.

Stand bent over like you would stand at the pool table.
Put your stroke arm behind you so that the upper arm is parallel to the floor, with your forarm dropped vertically exactly under the elbow. The hand and wrist are in a relaxed position. Move your arm back and forward so that the elbow does not drop and the forarm comes to rest in a natural position where it comes into contact with the bicep. Do this in a relaxed way.

Then put your hand relaxed down by your side. Hold the cue in a relaxed way. Try the same drill with the cue. If you step up to the table holding the cue in the usual way with your bridge,you will see that your arm is moving very relaxed, your elbow does not drop and the tip of the cue points to or touches the cloth. The reason you are not dropping the elbow is because to do so results in muscling the shot and other things and messing up on the shot.

The cb weighs approx 5 oz. It only takes an 18oz cue to move that ball. Extra use of the muscles is not needed nor is it beneficial.

Now even though I received this drill from my husband, I also received instruction. I practiced this stroke every day for months. It is teaching the body to do something new and differnt for those of us who did not come out of the womb stroking the ball /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now I must admit there that I had to be shown. This is a start but there are still often kinks that have to be worked out by an instructor.

There are those who do this another way like charlie williams. That is his style. For the rest of us, we need good basics at first rather than trying to mimic the style of a favorite pro like charlie or effren.

Some drop their elbow to get a power shot like a break. This imo is an advanced technique. I believe it is critcal to gave a good stroke that is so ingrained and automatic,it becomes almost impossible to drop that elbow.

Now I am learning to do a power shot from fast larry. But I already got the stroke from ww, scott lee and randy g. If you are just learning the stroke, I feel that a person can generate a decent break with this basic stroke. With the elbow in an undropped position, coming through the cb with speed with do a decent break.

Now I have to be honest, my stroke is now so ingrained it is practically glued to the 'finish' position. Larry quite had his hands full tryiing to teach me the power stroke /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

For power shots...later...later..

just my .02

Laura

04-03-2003, 02:55 PM
Something that helped straighten out my inconsistent stroke in a hurry was a simple drill from Phil Capelle's "Play Your Best Pool" (and this is only one of a stack of useful tips I'm trying to absorb from it).
Set up cb near the spot, then a piece of chalk as a target at the other end of the table on the center diamond. Stroke it, follow through and hold your stick in place, and keep at it until cb comes back center ball on your cue. Once you can do that a handful of times in a row, try it with draw.
Then hit another ball along the same line until it comes back and hits the cb squarely.
I found that after I could do these three things, my confidence in my stroke about doubled, and I started sinking long-range shots that had been only tossups before.

Deeman
04-03-2003, 03:04 PM
Caddy,

Just to add to the value of the exercise you mentioned, try turning the striped balls with the stripe semetrical from side to side. This will show, in addition to the straight hit, that you are consistently hitting the ball in the center. If it wobbles on the way down and back, you are hitting off center. If it stays a solid strip, you are hitting it in the center. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Dee

04-03-2003, 03:21 PM
D,

Considering I use the drill as a regular warmup, I expect that adding that wrinkle may cost me in table time, but will give it a shot. My stroke may well be only half-dead.

Popcorn
04-03-2003, 10:56 PM
I would say your practice are almost always about the same, regardless how hard or soft your are going to hit the cue ball. They would not always be the same as the last stroke though when you hit the cue ball.

04-04-2003, 06:12 PM
tO: jAYCEE, YOU ASKED FOR HELP FROM THE BOARD TO SOLVE YOUR STROKE PROBLEM, What you have on this board is this, everyone is a expert, everyone knows everything, everyone has a free opinion, everyone mostly are amateurs who cant run 3 balls, and all of them gave you all of this wonderful advice, free, that did nothing to solve your problem.

This proves two points, these people don't know squat, and you can't learn to play pool out of a book, or off of a CCB board. When you followed my advice, and got with a professional instructor, who is trained to spot &amp; locate, diagnose, and solve your problems, your problem was solved within 30 minutes.

There is a message here, dont solve your pool problems with amateur know it alls, take your pool problems to experts, who you will pay a fair price, to solve your problems, and take you to the next level. If you think you are going to get there listening to these bozo so called experts on this board, I have some land to sell you in Florida real cheap. These people could not help two Polaks trying to install a light bulb....
When is doubt, ask a pro, don't ask a bozo. The bozo's on the board, should give up trying to teach, &amp; stay with gossip, always do something you are good at.

Fast Larry www.fastlarrypool.com (http://www.fastlarrypool.com) VENI, VIDI, VICI....

DSAPOLIS
04-04-2003, 07:20 PM
Larry,
With all due respect, I find your response a bit immature. I believe that in my response to JayCee in this thread I explained that his problem could not be diagnosed through the internet and that he should find a qualified instructor to evaluate his stroke. Referring to all of the responders as "amateurs that can't run 3 balls" is far off base, uncalled for and hostile. My high runs are well documented as well as my success in training players both professional and amateur, male and female. Many instructors across the globe are geared towards working with each other, and I refer many people to qualified instructors across the country that share the same dedication to helping others improve. Instructional styles differ from instructor to instructor, but it is imperative to keep a general level of respect when comparing styles. This board is a forum where many express their ideas from their own point of view. You may agree or disagree with points of view varying on the subject matter, but insults and put downs will not win you any points. As a former professional player, I accept the fact that I do not know it all. I know more than most, but I can learn more if I keep my ears open and my mouth shut from time to time. In fact, I learn more by teaching than my students do. Also, (Fred may remember this) when I first started posting in newsgroups, I referred to some as "self appointed know-it-alls" in frustration, only to learn that some of them possessed more knowledge than I did in many areas of the game, regardless of my title "Professional Player". Chill out, there is much that you can offer here, but there is also much that you can recieve.

Scott Lee
04-04-2003, 07:52 PM
David...tap, tap, tap! Well said...

Scott Lee

04-04-2003, 08:19 PM
dEAR BLACKJACK, GO PEDDLE YOUR BOOKS SOMEWHERE ELSE, BUT WRITE SOMETHING THAT ACTUALLY HELPS PEOPLE PLAY WELL, IF THAT IS POSSIBLE. I am not going to help you write your next book, go copy stuff off of Scott Lee, he has all the answers.. Fazst Larry. Nice to hear you can run 4 balls.

MarkUrsel
04-04-2003, 09:31 PM
Larry,

You are a rude, boorish, childish, inconsiderate, inarticulate, offensive buffoon.

It's probably a waste of time and typing to point out the obvious, but David and Scott, please continue to post and don't let this nut case discourage you.

Fast Larry helping to write a book has got to be something like Charles Manson helping the prison nurse. Brief, hyperkinetic, hypnotic, and achieving disastrous but predictable results.

How does a man with the skills obtained from a lifetime of dedication to a sport he obviously loves manage to learn absolutely no other lessons about life? It's sad. Pathetic. Embarassing to watch.

04-04-2003, 10:30 PM
Dear newbie, thanks for the nice comments, what sewer did you crawl out of. The point I was trying to make, is the reason this board does not have any experts, or pro players on it, is every time any one comes along, the arm chair amateur expert teachers trash &amp; run them off.

Here is a perfect example for you to study, a kid comes along and has a stroke problem, a dozen of you so called experts jump in to help him, giving him all of your expert free advice, and what did you accomplish, absolutely nothing, all you did was confuse the poor kid. If any of you knew squat, or where any where near a expert, you would have realized it was futile to even attempt to correct, let alone teach a stroke via the board, or in a book, that dear sirs, is impossible, and those of you who did &amp; tried, tell me you don't know squat about what you are doing, for you failed.

I got ahold of the kid, and fixed his problem in 30 minutes, I succeeded. You failed, focus on that. There are other key components of this game, you cant teach on the board or in a book, you need me to do that, or a pro like me. What I see is a bunch of amateur bozo's sitting around stroking each other off telling each other how great grand and glorious you are, &amp; stroking each others egos, telling each other what you all already know, &amp; trashing every new idea that comes along, and trashing every effort I have made to actually teach people something of value or of merit free. I am sick of the attacks, and getting no support, so as Johnny Paycheck said in his famous song, take this board &amp; shove it dude.....

This is a message for you, examine who you are, dont trash experts, don't pretend to be one, when you don't have a clue what one really is, that is my advice to you. This board sucks, and so do you arm chair experts, it has gone to the dogs, and most of you so called amateur teachers are noting but dogs, so future posts will be from Wonder dog &amp; not me, me, I am adios, but you deserve the dog, he knows more and has forgot more than most of you bozo's will ever know, who call your self experts &amp; teachers.
Fast Larry Guninger.

04-04-2003, 10:36 PM
Dear Mark, I remember you, you are the faggot friend of the drug addict that thinks playing on Estacy &amp; drugs are cool, what else could I expect from a total loser like you, it is punks like you, that dont want to learn a damn thing, and will prevent others from learning things that could have helped them. You two faggots make me puke..I'll look you two ferries up in Vegas. .Fast Larry

MarkUrsel
04-05-2003, 05:55 AM
Thanks for proving my point.

MarkUrsel
04-05-2003, 08:23 AM
JayCee, sorry about not paying attention to your post, but I agree with BlueWolf (get a good instructor), Fast Larry (get a good instructor) and David Sapolis (get a good instructor). There's no substitute for experience and a good instructor will have it to help you.

Where are you? Perhaps people on the board who are in your area can give you a recommendation or two about who to see.

(Larry and David agreed with each other and still Larry went off on David. I guess my second advice to you is to not take a lesson from Larry - unless you like getting ranted and raved at.)

Popcorn
04-05-2003, 08:37 AM
I would not waste your time going back and forth with this guy. He is just a guy that does a few trick shots, he is nobody. Unlike you and Scott Lee, he is not a real player and could not even compete at local tournament level. As much as he likes to put people down on this board, the fact is, he is not even one of the better players posting here, quite the contrary and I have this on pretty good authority. Forget about him, after reading some of his most recent posts, I have no respect for him, certainly little for his ability to play the game, and non for him as a person. His posts even lack any entertainment value anymore. He has gone from what originally seemed like a harmless fool, to a down right nasty person, and not worth anyone's time.

bluewolf
04-05-2003, 08:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MarkUrsel:</font><hr> JayCee, sorry about not paying attention to your post, but I agree with BlueWolf (get a good instructor), Fast Larry (get a good instructor) and David Sapolis (get a good instructor). There's no substitute for experience and a good instructor will have it to help you.

<hr /></blockquote>

Thanks. My husband is an apa 7 and did help me a lot but he is not an instructor, just an excellent pool player. It really took going to someone who teaches pool for a prefession to fix my stroke. I took from scott in august, went to pool school with randy g in oct. By the time I saw scott in march, I had practiced a lot in addition to instruction and still had a few kinks for him to work out. Fast Larry came to see me after valley forge and we worked on some other stuff.

Still, I was practicing every day for 8 months and look at the instruction that was required to have a good stroke. It just isnt that easy.

Laura

Sid_Vicious
04-05-2003, 09:21 AM
JayCee...try something for grins, drop to shoot after your preshot routine and use no warm-up strokes. Don't get discouraged if your not pocketing balls, just get an adjusted feel for your backhand grip pressure from beginning to the finish of your stroke, maintaining the tip through the CB without a dip, same distance from the cloth at finish as when it hit your CB(notice Allison's finish sometime.) See if this doesn't help, then re-introduce your warm-up strokes. Much of the flaws(imo) that throw off a shot happens in the backhand grip during the stroke, which by the way isn't necessarily a teacup grip, a throwing motion, etc., it is something unique to YOU as far as feel and pressure....sid

Sid_Vicious
04-05-2003, 10:17 AM
"How does a man with the skills obtained from a lifetime of dedication to a sport he obviously loves manage to learn absolutely no other lessons about life?"

Larry's dog has more human class than he does, no matter from which end of the ol Wonder Dog you choose to look at. You know Larry, you've accused me of attacking you even when I was not even thinking ill thoughts. Well when you start insulting all of us with "can't run 3 balls" and bozos...YOU HAVE SOME REAL ATTACKS COMIN' DOWN THE LINE!!! SID VICIOUS

DSAPOLIS
04-05-2003, 10:54 AM
Mark Ursel Wrote:
(Larry and David agreed with each other and still Larry went off on David. I guess my second advice to you is to not take a lesson from Larry - unless you like getting ranted and raved at.)
================================================== =========

The fact that Larry and I gave the basically the same advice is what mostly puzzled me when he attacked Scott and I. I would not say - wipe Fast Larry off of your list of instructors - he is extremely knowledgable and could offer a player an excellent opportunity to expand their knowledge of the game. At the same time, Larry needs to understand that an online community is just that - a community. I believe he was on a tear last night when he responded to 50 or so posts sarcastically. His sarcasm will not win him students, in fact it will turn them away. I laughed through most of it as it was obvious that he had been nippin' at the whiskey.....

TomBrooklyn
04-05-2003, 04:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fast Larry:</font><hr> you are the faggot friend of the drug addict, ...loser, ...punk, ...dont want to learn a damn thing, ... and you prevent others from learning things that could have helped them. You make me puke...<hr /></blockquote>Larry, I checked my copy of How To Win Friends And Influence People (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0671723650/103-2426656-1962209?v=glance&amp;s=books) which contains Six Ways To Make People Like You and Twelve Ways To Win People To Your Way Of Thinking. I couldn't find anything like the techniques you employ, so I am assuming the author is a drug-addicted homosexual and throwing the book away. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
04-05-2003, 05:33 PM
Fat larry give yourself another hug, your a looser! I use to think you were an idiot, even they have some redeeming value. Your nothing more than a mamas boy that whines when people pick on you, even though you were stupid enough to instigate the matter then your “The Boy Who Cried ‘Wolf’”.
A little man that uses a dog to carry the show because of your lack of talent. You don't know anything about about real pool because your the one who can't run three balls. I can imagine the fun the boys have picking your wallet even though the bet is a dollar. So long Fat you've lost all of my respect, what little there ever was.

04-05-2003, 05:40 PM
I have just began playing seriously this year, and I was wondering just how to find a person who offers lessons? I am in San Diego. Does anyone know who I call, or where I look?

Thanks

Rod
04-05-2003, 06:03 PM
You can call rooms near you to see who they recomend, or go to www.bca-pool.com (http://www.bca-pool.com) click on the tab Play. Someone here might be able to give you a name or two.

Rod

Scott Lee
04-05-2003, 09:06 PM
BBoy...Check your private messages!

Scott Lee

TomBrooklyn
04-05-2003, 11:03 PM
Do you think he won't check them unless reminded to do so?

04-06-2003, 12:28 AM
To Tom, Hi, how are you doing, the book, I own it, I graduated from the course, I am not trying to make friends with the drug addict ferry, when he came up &amp; busted up my show, he crossed a big line, I am not trying to be nice, these faggots have called me every name in the book, why does not one of you cut &amp; paste some of the crude crap they have posted, they can call me names, but I cant respond in kind, this I need to read a book on???? Fast Larry

04-06-2003, 12:38 AM
Dear popcorn sir, I would like to leave this board, as bad as you would like to see me go. I am a pro, I tour, appear on TV, shoot pool for money, get paid $50 for every shot I make, so I don’t have time to sit in front of a cpu all day because I have nothing else going on in my life of importance, like some I know. I said goodbye, left, and what do you do, you begin to call me a long series of nasty names &amp; things. I really wish you had not done that, I thought you had more class than that. If you want me to leave, then you must stop spreading lies about me. If you post a lie, something about me that is un-true, I will respond. If you want me to leave, then just leave me alone; this is a very simple deal. Just shut up……….

You said all I have is a couple of trick shots. That is all you can come up about me? Why don’t you visit my web site, www.fastlarrypool.com (http://www.fastlarrypool.com), and you will find out, I have a little more than that. I am a world champion trick shot artist, I am in the hall of fame, I hold 20 world records, all of this can be proven and has been, but you never once, tried to verify any of this, nor has any one attacking me on the board. Not one of you every asked to see my video tapes, that proves &amp; shows all of my world records. Not one of you every asked to see my evidence package, and it is extensive. Not one of you ever picked up the phone to question me, or to even start a civilized conversation. All you have done is put down &amp; ridicule someone who has accomplished things you could never do, because you could never do them yourself.

When you post a lie, that says I have nothing but a couple of trick shots, and you ignore my web site, that is beginning to post my records &amp; accreditations, you then force me to respond with what I do have, and when I do, you then attack me for bragging. I can’t win with you people, can I?
I have invented l850 trick shots, more than all of my competitors in the last half of the century combined, and I did that in a l0 year span of time. Bob Byrne wrote in Billiards Digest, I am the only person he knows, who could write a trick shot book
And display over 300 trick shots that were my sole inventions, that could equal his treasury of trick shots book, and he wrote that in Billiards Digest. Shamos in Billiards wrote I was a Billiards Expert, nobody else on the board ever got that honor. I now tour &amp; show offering over 300 trick shots, most of which are world class DFll’s, my competitors carry &amp; perform 30 shots.

I have performed at 3 BCA trade shows, pool’s largest show, 3 Allen Hopkins events, pool’s 2nd largest event, and 3 super shows, pool’s 3rd largest show, and the largest sports show in the world. Excuse me, I never saw you perform at any of these, for serious money, and until you do, and get in my league, may I suggest you refrain from running down my playing abilities. Nobody on this board shows in these places either. If I play so bad, how do you explain I have been on every major TV network on prime time, and on ESPN. My record is very strong, and you somehow now reduce it into nothing.

You say you heard I can’t play, why would you repeat a rumor, that is a lie. That sir is not an honest or honorable thing to do. You have never seen me play pool, or perform a show, and until you do, you sir should refrain on being my judge, for you have no basis or knowledge to judge me, and have admitted this. You sir, only pass on rumors &amp; lies, and does not that say something about you sir?
People start lies about me, and somebody like you picks it up, never verifies it, and repeats it. Why do you do something so irresponsible like that? Spreading false lies about me, hurts me and my family, I don’t do anything to hurt you, or your ability to earn a income, why do you attack my profession?

I do two things, shoot trick shots in shows, and teach. Shooting trick shots, I have long been regarded as being in the top three in the world. I am the founder of the world trick shot event, which is recorded in Billiards Digest.

I have now been on the cover of 8 pool magazines, how many have you been on sir?
The 2nd thing I do is teach pool. I don’t have to be able to play to teach, I only have to be able to teach you to play. Any time I come to the table, I am good to run 2 or 3 racks, and I can give you phone numbers of people to call who can verify they see
Me do this all of the time, so if you actually want to check something out, damn it man, pick up the phone &amp; check it out. I taped for Jimmy Caras once, because he said I shot too hard, a 3 rack run, where I broke at l4.l, ran 3 racks, and never let the Cue ball touch a rail, Mr. Caras told me he was very impressed with this. Mr. Caras was one of my teachers, and trick shot advisors, we had a long friendship.

I hold several world records on pool. I hold 2 world records on the break. I made 8 balls on the break at 8 ball, and then made 8 balls on the break at 9 ball in l96l, this record has never been tied in 42 years, and this will be the only record in pool that can never be broken. In the late 50’s &amp; 60’s, I played at a speed where I was probably 50th in the world, judging by the world champions &amp; hall of famers I defeated. I worked very hard, for nobody to know who I was.

I have ran 3 racks of cribbage, ran a century at snooker, a 10 at 3 cushion. I hold the world record for the fastest rack of breaking &amp; running l5 balls on a 9’ table, 33.95 seconds, a record that has stood for a decade. My high run at l4.l is 274 balls, I have tied the PBT high run record at 9 ball, I have ran 8 racks of 8 ball. Now I hope you can see when you print a lie that I can’t play, this really pisses me off big time. I hold the world record at the hardest game in play today on a pool table, l5 ball rotation, I ran 60 balls, 4 racks, calling every shot, including the one ball on the break. Yes sir old popcorn, you got me cold, I can’t play a lick……

I was a APA 7, won several city championships, shot a accustat l000 in Vegas, running 3 racks, played a safe, then ran 3 racks &amp; out, 6-0, that made me a 7 for life. I began to win prize money in pro events, and the APA graduated me out of the amateur ranks &amp; proclaimed me to be a playing professional. I have won 40 pool events, all in the amateur areas.

I never once ever entered, or even considered entering a semi pro pool event. These are a joke to me, the lst place guy breaks even, the 3rd place guy makes $300, the rest of the field loses $500 just for showing up. If I cant make money at something, I don’t do it. The only 2 people who make money at these are the promoter &amp; the room owner.

I never once ever entered or tried to enter a pro event. Knowing the skill level I used to play at, I figured the best I could probably get to, if I took off 2 years &amp; just devoted my entire life to this, would be llth, that was as good as I figured I could get to, because I am a senior citizen, and I am blind in my right dominate eye. I have calculated what the PBT paid out for llth for the last l5 years, and that place has historically paid out $l2,000 a year in prize money. I leave l2 grand a year on bar tops for tips, Let me get this straight, I am going to pay out l2 grand a year to travel to l2 events, make l2 grand, and my yearly grand total is zip. Because I graduated from college, I am a electronic engineer &amp; sales manager for fortune l00 companies, I am used to making big bucks. Working for an entire year, to make zip, to me, is pretty stupid, and I am not stupid.
If I don’t become a gambler, I starve. Now I hope you understand why I never entered a event, it was because, even if I got lucky, and became the leading money winner, I was already making a 6 figure income, I would be taking a pay cut. The fact that I never entered a pro pool event, does not mean it was because I did not have the ability to do so, it was because the game is on it’s butt &amp; pay’s out no money to entice me to do it.

What I do pays great, all of the leading trick shot entertainers makes more than the leading 9 ball players, everyone knows this. This is why none of us plays on the 9 ball tour, well today it is a mute point, there has not been a pro male tour now for several years anyway, and I rest my case about pool being on it’s butt.

I no longer play pool, I play Artistic pool, this is a new sport, and it is a lot tougher than 9 ball. I enter pro events in this sport, and have become a world champion.
Your running down my playing abilities sir, is very bad, very uncalled for, very sad.

I am sorry you post you have no respect for me, and that I can’t play, you called a pal &amp; he told you so. Examine that one, then you will see why I have been getting so upset with you people, do not repeat lies, do not repeat rumors, check things out, or keep quiet, passing on lies, can hurt people, very badly.

Those two ferries in NYC posted I was a whoremonger knocking up broads &amp; refusing to pay child support, a damn lie I can prove it is a lie, want to bet l0 grand on it? People have cut &amp; pasted this and are using this fraud, lie, slander &amp; libel, to smear me with, and have already done damage with it. Not one person on this board, came to my defense, when a blind man could see this was a sick joke &amp; fraud. You all crossed the line of decency, and I want as far away from you, as you want from me. Post no more lies about me please, that is my simple request. This board has had a long history of picking up somebody &amp; then making them their whipping boy. I am sick of you playing kick the dog with my name and my reputation, I am out of here, so you are going to have to pick out a new person to attack &amp; degrade. Why not tee off on the two drug addict ferries in NYC, YOU COULD HAVE A FIELD DAY WITH THESE TWO TAIL GUNNERS. Especially the little coward who turned tail &amp; ran when I threatened to drop him in the aisle. Down the aisle he went with his dress flapping up in the wind….

Here are some unsolicited letters some people have sent me, after they saw me play. Copies of these are given out to every student, or with every video tape I sell.
Robert Byrne, of billiards Digest and hall of famer, "Larry is King Kong, his 17” right arm, is the biggest cannon in the game. He has more balls than a Snooker table. The shot’s on Guninger's tapes are obviously impossible, yet he makes them. I shook my head in disbelief so many times, I have a stiff neck.”
Jimmy Caras, 3 times world champion, hall of famer, 3rd best player of the 20th century. “ To: Fast Larry, one of the great artistic billiard players ever.”
Ray Martin, 3 time world champion, hall of famer, writer in Pool &amp; Billiards magazine, “To Fast Larry, the best shot maker I ever saw, you are the great one, you should be the world champ.
World champion Billy Incardona, “Larry has come up with some of the most unbelievable trick shots I have ever seen. I just can’t believe the difficulty level of the shots he has in his repertoire. I still can’t believe he played &amp; made that 2 table double jump, double bank 2in2 shot.”
The original Fast Eddy, “ Larry, your shots are unparalled. Nobody has ever gone near or made the difficulty of the shots you are now making.”
The legend, Fats, “when I die, you will surely become the best one handed player on earth, why not, I taught it all to you. “ I went on after his passing, and hit the greatest one handed shot of all time, two ll rail banks, back to back, one handed.
Edgar Nickle, European trick shot champion: “Fast, you are the greatest, you are the best trick shot shooter I ever saw.
TV show producer, Bruce Superstroke Christopher, “Fast, you are fantastic, the best I ever saw, you should be put in the hall of fame.”
“Sunshine Anderson: “some of the things you do are unbelievable. Some of the shots in the videotapes are beyond description.
Willie Mosconi: You shoot a good stick kid, some of the things you are doing are very good.”
Jack Koehler, author of many books, “I received your video tape, it’s fantastic. The tape is filled with amazing shots that will probably never be duplicated. I’m sure most avid pool fans will never have a chance to see a 11 rail shot-well I have, thanks to you.”
Norm the Farmer Weber: “To my pal, Larry, you’re the greatest. I was impressed to say the least. There were at least ten shots on your tape which in my opinion were astonishing.”
Paul Gerni: My friend, Larry Guninger has been very influential in trick shots during the last several years. You may or not be aware of Larry’s contributions to Ripley’s believe it or not where he was featured performing a ll rail shot. Larry did make a ball go ll rails. If you have ever tried to do that &amp; did not get a hernia, then you know how tough this has to be.”

I did not dream these up, they are all in these peoples own handwriting, they just sent them to me, I never asked for one of them. So you see Mr. Popcorn, when you say all I have done is hit a couple of little trick shots, your little opinion, does not really matter much to me, I just ask who in the hell are you, and consider the source, which ain’t much.

I have been featured in Billiards Digest in full page and multiple page articles twice, and for this alone, you should have showed me some simple respect. I never saw your name in any magazine, and so I really have to ask, who in the hell are you, to be trashing me.

For any one who wants to see the truth, wants to see the record 5 ripley's shots come alive, wants to see what one billion people or l/6th of the planet have already seen, then buy the tape, it is only $20 which includes S&amp;H, 2 hrs long, over a hundred shots, then you can judge, can I play or is popcorn right, I got nothing. The proof is there, and for those who continue to ignore it, go trash somebody else, I am beginning to get really bored with you jealous do nothing, done nothing, nobodies.
Go to www.fastlarrypool.com (http://www.fastlarrypool.com), for the mailing address, 5000 people have seen this tape. Not one person, asked for their money back.

“Fast Larry” Guninger

Scott Lee
04-06-2003, 03:46 AM
Tom...He is a brand new poster. That was his first post. He may not know about the PM function. Lighten up will ya?

Scott

TomBrooklyn
04-06-2003, 06:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Tom...He is a brand new poster. That was his first post. He may not know about the PM function. Lighten up will ya?<hr /></blockquote>No problem, Scott. I just opened up the thread because it showed a new post and when I opened it I saw it was your message to some new poster. Since it had only been four hours since the chap had been on the board, I got the impression there was a great urgency, which made me a little curious. Since I had already gone to the trouble of opening the thread, I figured I'd ask you.

bluewolf
04-06-2003, 07:44 AM
Scott,

Someone else new here pmed me about getting lessons from you.

Btw, did you see the trick shot show last night? It was some kind of semi final in Baltimore. We watched it while we were waiting for 'cube2' to come on. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Laura

04-06-2003, 08:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fast Larry:</font><hr>

THESE TWO TAIL GUNNERS. Especially the little coward who turned tail &amp; ran when I threatened to drop him in the aisle. Down the aisle he went with his dress flapping up in the wind….

<hr /></blockquote>

Was this what U R referring to ~

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccbboard&amp;Number=68121&amp; page=0&amp;view=expanded&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1

John G
04-06-2003, 11:11 AM
Pretty neat, I like your graphics

Fran Crimi
04-06-2003, 12:29 PM
I'll take a crack at it. What I find that usually goes wrong with power strokes is that your back hand (and arm) doesn't go through in a straight line. I don't think it matters all that much what you do with your practice strokes, because the one that strikes the ball goes a little farther than the others and will give you a different feel.

Try thinking of your back hand and arm as if you were controlling a rudder. You can swing it out or in during your stroke. Ideally, you want to try to keep the rudder straight. So while you're looking ahead of you, consciously feel the action you are taking behind you. See the ball ahead of you, but at the same time, feel your back hand keeping the rudder straight.

That's the best I can offer without actually seeing you stroke the shots.

Fran

John G
04-06-2003, 12:42 PM
Jeeeez Larry, I like to argue about as much as anyone. It is fun sometimes but you've outdone yourself now. You've shown your self to be totally obnoxious and hatefull.

I agree you have a right to earn a living and I confess I felt bad that your were attacked in the beginning, but what makes you think you have the right to assault the character and abilities of others you have no personal knowledge of.

Like many that post here I have a great deal of knowledge about this game and at times I offer a suggestion as do many others who are equally qualified to offer suggestions.

'SUGGESTIONS', Larry based on years of experience. We offer SUGGESTIONS that's what the board is for. Now I guess what I found so offensive was you called the board a bunch of losers.

Well I know some of these guys from the past and though they don't know who I am they're anything but losers. Some of them can 'dab it' and they've been tested in battle and found not wanting.

I don't know who you are Larry. I never heard of you befor seeing your posts on this board. I sure as hell don't remember you from the road. I thought perhaps you used a different name as was common, but I saw your picture and I still don't remember you. Maybe you're all that you say you are, or maybe your not. But neither do you know who we are. You need to tread a little lighter brother

State what you know but save your OPINIONS of others for someone that wants to hear that trash, Most of us don't

Regards John G

bluewolf
04-06-2003, 01:04 PM
Dead on from a beginner's perspective. I have a slight tremor but can still manage to do the preshot straight. If I screw up on accuracy, it is that follow through. I find I have to focus very hard and if I notice it is starting through crooked, start over.

I think that part of this is because in my preshot forward swings, my eye is focussed on where I want to hit on the cueball.

Since the prescribed method seems to be to remove one's eye from the cb on that final backswing and onto the ob, I no longer have the same visual point of focus. This is where things seem to go awry.

Thanks.

Laura

04-06-2003, 01:52 PM
liar,liar!!!

Eric.
04-07-2003, 08:19 AM
/

Fred Agnir
04-07-2003, 08:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DSAPOLIS:</font><hr> Also, (Fred may remember this) when I first started posting in newsgroups, I referred to some as "self appointed know-it-alls" in frustration, only to learn that some of them possessed more knowledge than I did in many areas of the game, regardless of my title "Professional Player". Chill out, there is much that you can offer here, but there is also much that you can recieve. <hr /></blockquote>I definitely remember /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif And in the end, you've become one of my favorite posters.

There's obviously something else going on with Larry because, as you've stated, you (and many others) have actually posted things that agree wholeheartedly with his posts, yet he slams you as if you disagreed.

Fred &lt;~~~ has agreed an awful lot with Larry, just to be slammed

04-07-2003, 12:39 PM
To: Fred, it's too bad you did not come out &amp; see me when I showed in your back yard in Mass, who knows, we could have become friends, and you could have found out first hand, if I really know something or not. I am sure we have a lot more in common than you realize.
To: Mr. Alf, I have received several private emails warning me about you. I am told, you love to hate &amp; attack people, some people get off on this, gives them some little thrill of power, it's kind of like how people can get real aggressive behind the wheel of a SUV in traffic, but would never butt in front of me in a line of people in a bank. I was told, to ignore you, which I will. You need to find somebody new to attack, with me it won't work, as I won't even read what you post, so post all the crap you want, go for it, if you get your cookies off doing this. You do need to listen to the advice being given by others here, which is, talk pool, no more fool's talk. I have taken that advice, may I suggest sir, you consider it too.

Johnny G, yes you are right, I had no right to do that, and now, all I can do is issue a blanket apology, to say I am sorry, and to tell you that apology is sincere.

To John G, you are right, 2 wrongs never make a right.
I came on this board with the intent on trying to help some people play better, and was attacked from the get go, which put me badly on the defensive. My mistake, is I came on too hard &amp; fast. I did not know, that this board has a long history of doing this, and I am not the first person to be kicked like a dog.

Part of the attack on me, was the change in my stage name, some simply did not know who I was. I teacher on the board, who I have had two serious run in's with in the past, felt threatened, did not want to lose students to me, and organized a bunch of his fellow teachers &amp; students in a organized attack against me, to degrade me &amp; to run me off. Some people saw through this, others did not, and some were being used &amp; minupulated to forward this jealous attack against me. This is the problem in getting in these little clics, once in, you are then forced to act like a wolf pack, and attack any thing the head wolf tells you to, you are not allowed to think it out, or choose your friends, if you do, you are out of the pack......

This young kid, and young kids, can &amp; do some stupid things, like doing drugs, post's that the only way to play pool is by doing Estacy, they you can play at the highest levels. Was it a joke, was it for real, either way, I have a very strong anti drug message, and I came in saying this was awful, kids are on this board, and I will oppose anyone trying to tell them, drugs are cool. This druggie comes back with a vicious attack, very nasty against me, then his little pal, drums in, &amp; joins the attack, and I responded &amp; away we went from there. Not once, did any one cut or paste this attack made against me, or others, they only cut &amp; paste my responses. My responses, in many cases, were the same as the attacks. My mistake, was being drug down into the gutter with these people, then other good people, got drug down there also, and then soon, everyone is asking, why are we down here in the gutter covered with mud?

What is amazing to me, is not one person on this board, supported me on this, does that mean they were afraid to wade in, or does that mean they all think doing drugs, playing on drugs is cool &amp; the right thing to do? I don't like druggies, I don't hang with these people, drugs eat your brain, I have seen to many people destroyed on them over the years.

This thing might have calmed down, but both of these kids show up in my booth at Valley Forge, I am doing a Masse demonstration in front of customers &amp; these two kids come up &amp; begin to yell at me, the kid is jabbing his fingers in my eyes, almost hitting them. I nicely suggest this is not the time or place for this, that I am working, and he should leave. His intent, was to embarras me, and to get me fired by this sponsor, by causing an incident. I suggested to him, we go out back &amp; settle this behind the dumpster, he ignored this, he only wanted to embarass me, not to fight me. I suggested to him, if he did not shut up &amp; leave, I would call security &amp; have him arrested, he kept on, I then told him if he poked his fingers in my eyes one more time, I would drop him in the aisle, and dropped into a Karate fighting position, and I was ready to drop him, and his pal drags him away &amp; down the aisle. These two crossed a big line here, and made this thing very personal, and the board supported what they did. They they post a false name, bobbi &amp; post I was a woremonger &amp; had knocked her up, would not pay child support, and then had their pals begin to make other false posts supporting this lie. 6 times they tried to go in under my name &amp; post, but could not gain access to my password, which is on record with the web master. My other enemies have cut &amp; pasted this stuff, and are now in the process of slandering &amp; smearing my name with this, my entire west coast tour has been cancelled, and I have been fired from my main sponsor, so all I can say, is this untrue slander, lies &amp; libel, has worked. I thought you would like to know, how some on the board work, and to what low levels they are capable of. I wanted you to know, how dangerous some of these people are. The more they pounded me with lies, the more angry I became.
Mr. Sid Vicious, asked for a halt, my friends on the board asked for the same thing, so somebody has to suck it in, and say no more, so let it be me. Personal vendettas should not be allowed to run on this board, this board should be for pool talk, and the sharing of info &amp; for learning. There are kids on this board, the nasty talk, should be cleaned up, &amp; everyone the board, should demand me, and every other person to behave like a gentleman, and never in the future, allow something like this to even get started. Once more, all I can do now, I issue a blanket apology, and say, two wrongs never make a right, and I am sorry, sincerely, I am sorry. Fast Larry Guninger

Fred Agnir
04-07-2003, 01:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fast Larry:</font><hr>

What is amazing to me, is not one person on this board, supported me on this, does that mean they were afraid to wade in, or does that mean they all think doing drugs, playing on drugs is cool &amp; the right thing to do? <hr /></blockquote>It was your failure to read that got you into trouble. You keep calling people by their posting designation. You thought the guy was glorifying drug addiction because under his name it said "Addict." I still get a laugh out of this, but you don't get it still. Larry, in a month or two, you are going to be an Addict. Don't be surprised when we all call you that.

Fred &lt;~~~ not an Addict, but an Old Hand

Popcorn
04-07-2003, 01:59 PM
I have always been told, If you want to know the future, just look at the past. You are no different today, then you were yesterday, regardless of the post you made. You were not even able to go 24 hours before starting all over again. I am truly done with you, and should have known better then to have even giving you the benefit of the doubt. I have no interest in reading what you write, or to post to you again. Life is too short to waste even a second of ones time on someone like you. Good day.

MarkUrsel
04-07-2003, 03:06 PM
Larry,

You've called me a lot of names, and granted, I called you on a lot of bad crap you'd written. But let me be crystal clear on a couple of things.

1) I commented on your demonstrated behavior. What I said was harsh, but was backed up by facts you've provided in past posts as well as the one above. Every word I chose comments on something you've said.

2) You didn't. The definition of libel is:
a) A false publication, as in writing, print, signs, or pictures, that damages a person's reputation.
b) The act of presenting such material to the public.

Falsely calling me a ferrie (?) or tail gunner shows your mentality more than anything else. Calling me a drug addict, inaccurately and falsely, is libellous.

The difference is huge. And legally enforcable.

04-07-2003, 03:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fast Larry:</font><hr> To: Fred, it's too bad you did not come out &amp; see me when I showed in your back yard in Mass. <hr /></blockquote>1.) Who the heck is going to come out to see someone that presents himself as such a contentious person.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fast Larry:</font><hr> To ALF: You hate &amp; attack people, some people get off on this, gives them some little thrill of power.<hr /></blockquote>This is something I believe you are knowledgable about.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fast Larry:</font><hr>I came on this board with the intent on trying to help some people play better, and was attacked from the get go. I did not know that this board has a long history of doing this, and I am not the first person to be kicked like a dog.<hr /></blockquote>You were not attacked from the get-go. I am continuously amazed by how people distort events in their own minds to justify their writings (and deeds.) What you obviously didn't know when you got here is that there are a number of good to excellent players who frequent this board, and a great deal of knowledge of the game and the sport amongst them.

Further, be advised that virtually everyone that got abused on this board brought in on themselves by being arrogant, unpleasant or otherwise causing some offense against the orderly posting on the board. It is true that some of the regulars can be this way also, but it only escalates against a person that brings it upon themselves in some way.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fast Larry:</font><hr> Part of the attack on me was due to the change in my stage name. Some simply did not know who I was. A teacher on the board who I have had two serious run-in's with in the past felt threatened, did not want to lose students to me, and organized a bunch of his fellow teachers &amp; students in a organized attack against me, to degrade me &amp; to run me off. Some people were being used &amp; minupulated to forward this jealous attack against me. This is the problem in getting in these little clics, once in, you are then forced to act like a wolf pack, and attack any thing the head wolf tells you to, you are not allowed to think it out, or choose your friends, if you do, you are out of the pack......<hr /></blockquote>I believe you are being paranoid, perhaps paranoid delusional. Alternately, you don't believe it but are trying to get us to believe it. Well, I don't. What makes you think you know so much about the posters on this board. You clearly know very little about them.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fast Larry:</font><hr> This kid post's that the way to play pool is by doing Estacy. I have a very strong anti drug message, and I will oppose anyone trying to tell them, drugs are cool. <hr /></blockquote>You refer to one of your classic blunders. It was a joke and you were the only one who didn't realize it. Does that mean anything to you, Mr. CCB Newbie?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fast Larry:</font><hr>not one person on this board, supported me on this<hr /></blockquote>You make yourself so easy to pick on that it is hardly surprising at the responses you engender. No one supported you because you were wrong. Even if you were right, which you weren't, do you think a long established group would take kindly to having a newbie come in like gangbusters and preach to them while calling them names at the same time. Frankly, your approach is so out of touch with common courtesy and people skills that I am wondering if you are posting sometimes under the influence of a mind altering substance.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fast Larry:</font><hr> I thought you would like to know how to what low levels some on the board are capable of. <hr /></blockquote>Once again, you who have been here for a month expect to tell us who have been here for years what we are like. What shoe size do you wear Larry? How do you manage to get it so far into your mouth?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fast Larry:</font><hr> I have been fired from my main sponsor<hr /></blockquote>You are sinking your own career faster than HMS Hood. You have taken this venue which is read and written to by many of the movers and shakers in the billiards industr and many of the most dedicated participants and fans; and made a mockery of yourself and made yourself I would safely guess, the most disliked poster in recent times. It is obvious to me that you are grossly unqualified to promote yourself. If and when when you recognize that yourself, you may perhaps take some steps to change course. Good luck for all our sakes.

04-07-2003, 03:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MarkUrsel:</font><hr> 1)What I said was harsh, but was backed up by facts you've provided in past posts as well as the one above. The difference is huge. And legally enforcable.<hr /></blockquote>Legally enforcable... hahaha. Everyone is going overboard.

04-07-2003, 03:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr>I am truly done with you, and should have known better then to even giving you the benefit of the doubt. I have no interest in reading what you write, or to post to you again. Life is too short to waste even a second of ones time on someone like you.<hr /></blockquote>The I'm never going to talk to you again post. I haven't seen one of these in a month.

The difference between Popcorn and a lot of other peoples trashtalk and Larry trashtalk is a matter of degree, not content. Anyone who resorts to personal attacks cannot claim the highground. I don't give a flyin' hoot if Larry started it. I know he started it. But lots of people returned with the same. I don't see those people as being much better than him and I believe most others' see it the same.

Eric.
04-07-2003, 04:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fast Larry:</font><hr> This thing might have calmed down, but both of these kids show up in my booth at Valley Forge, I am doing a Masse demonstration in front of customers &amp; these two kids come up &amp; begin to yell at me, the kid is jabbing his fingers in my eyes, almost hitting them. I nicely suggest this is not the time or place for this, that I am working, and he should leave. His intent, was to embarras me, and to get me fired by this sponsor, by causing an incident. I suggested to him, we go out back &amp; settle this behind the dumpster, he ignored this, he only wanted to embarass me, not to fight me. I suggested to him, if he did not shut up &amp; leave, I would call security &amp; have him arrested, he kept on, I then told him if he poked his fingers in my eyes one more time, I would drop him in the aisle, and dropped into a Karate fighting position, and I was ready to drop him, and his pal drags him away &amp; down the aisle. Fast Larry Guninger <hr /></blockquote>

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccbboard&amp;Number=68121&amp; page=0&amp;view=expanded&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1

bluewolf
04-07-2003, 04:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SlimJim:</font><hr> The difference between Popcorn's trashtalk and Larry's trashtalk is a matter of degree, not content. You wan't to take the highground, Popcorn? Then cut out your degrading lowbrow attack posts. I don't give a flyin' hoot if Larry started it. I know he started it. And you joined in on it. Guess what Bozo No. 3, that makes you the same.

And there's a whole bunch more of you out there. Your not much better, so don't think just because I didn't reply to you your clean.

Don't make me have to get into this again. <hr /></blockquote>

This has got to be a classic. Who here (I included) has always been clean? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Laura

cheesemouse
04-07-2003, 05:14 PM
http://www.tmcm.com/comics/206_mirror.gif

Popcorn
04-07-2003, 06:26 PM
I didn't recognize your name and was curious why you out of nowhere made this post. In looking at your post history you have, when I looked, 64 posts since last September. I began opening them to see if you have ever have anything to say or if there is any reason I should be interested in your opinion, I am open minded. As I began reading your posts, it was not hard, most are little more then one liners. I didn't not find one, not even one post by you, that had anything to do with a question or an answer or advice of any kind. Actually not even anything about pool. Your entire history consists of lurking around and taking shots at posters for no particular reason and it does not matter who they are or what the subject is. Not one positive contribution to the board, not one in all these months. I am afraid I can't take your criticism very serious, you have no creditability as a worth while poster who's opinion I should respect, Sorry.

Fran Crimi
04-07-2003, 07:01 PM
I know who you are. You gave yourself away in your latest posts. You're a regular poster here who assumes the SJ name when you feel like lecturing and you want to keep your name out of it.

You've posted too much under your other name to hide your style.

Let's see if anyone else figures it out.

Fran

04-07-2003, 09:58 PM
Dear Mr. Slimjim, do you feel better now, did this help you, let me give you my legal position on this. If you feel that I have offended you, then all I can do now is apologize, I have apologized on 4 different threads, at least in 6 different places, and that should be enough. It will not be enough for some, they will continue. This I understand, this I accept, I am simply following the wishes of several on the board, to put an end to this thing, and to move to a higher ground, this I am now trying to do.

To those who wish to continue this attack, I realize it is tough to turn off a good soap opera, but try. Allow me to share with you, what a fine American once wrote to the US newspapers, when he was once being called every vile thing I have been called, he was being slandered like I have been, lies about him were planted that were untrue, and his enemies only sought his destruction, which they finally achieved.

A copy of this letter hung over the desk of General Douglas MacArthur during WWII, Winston Churchill had a copy of the walls of his study at Chartwell. Quote”

If I were to try to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for any other business. I do the very best I know how-the very best I can; and I mean to keep on doing so until the end. If the end brings me out all right, then what is said against me won’t matter. If the end brings me out wrong, then ten angles swearing I was right, would make no difference. Abe Lincoln, end of quote…..
My Christian minister, who sometimes posts on this board, sent me the following email &amp; advice, which I will follow. Larry, read the Gospel of Mark, it says of Jesus, and the chief priests accused him of many things, but he answered nothing and Pilate asked him again, saying, answerest thou nothing? Behold how many things they witness against thee, but Jesus yet answered nothing, so that Pilate marveled, Mark 15:3-5. End of email……
Donot reprove the fool, lest he hate you, reprove the wise man and he will love you.
Proverbs 9:8.
Best Wishes, “Fast Larry” Guninger

04-08-2003, 12:11 AM
Larry and Popcorn and others: I was upset and ranting earlier. I apoligize for calling names. I rewrote some of what I wrote after I calmd down.

04-08-2003, 12:31 AM
Nice stunt you pulled at Valley Forge. Testoserone overload.

Potential results: One goes to jail the other to the hospital.\\ Both go two hospital.\\ Both go to jail. \\ Both go to the hospital and then to jail. Since you sought Larry out and went to his booth I guess you know you were most likely for jail as you brought the bail money.

Is this really what you want becuase of what someone said that no one belived anyway in a thread that was a joke and he didn't get it and he embarressed himself without any help from you needed? I was very suprised that you took it seriously and relly got worked up.

bluewolf
04-08-2003, 05:34 AM
Thanks for the edits SJ.Even though your original posts were pretty funny, this is more civil

Laura

04-08-2003, 05:26 PM
To correct this quickly, get in the pit and really bet it up. If your hungry you'll start hitting your predetermined spot. Play on 4.5 inch pockets too.