PDA

View Full Version : Post deleted by ccboard_admin

04-01-2003, 08:05 PM

preacherman
04-01-2003, 08:46 PM
Bravo for a well written post AND some great closing advice.

Jim
www.geocities.com/pool4christ (http://www.geocities.com/pool4christ)

Wally_in_Cincy
04-02-2003, 09:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote whitewolf:</font><hr>
<font color="blue">Yo dubya dubya, wassup, </font color>

Hello everyone. I'm back to work now, however, I can't use the computer for internet browsing. Instead of CCBing, I have been getting lessons and practicing pool.

<font color="blue">You are a wise man /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

I just wanted to list some of the top tips I have received:

/ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gifShoot draw with 2 tips low most of the time - Scott Lee
/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gifNonsense - it's better to hit downward so you won't miscue;

<font color="blue">I don't understand. Are you agreeing with Scott or what?? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif </font color>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gifNever fail to step into the shot -Tony Robles - using your cue as a guide by sighting down it (vertically) before and while you are stepping into the shot.

<font color="blue">Reminds me of a Jimmy Reid video. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif</font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

04-02-2003, 09:45 AM
Dear sir, you are absolutely correct on both issues, glad to see there are actually people out there giving quality &amp; correct instruction that works.

During my NE tour, I did several demonstrations where I actually hit the cue ball in the exact center, on the equator, and drew the ball across the table. I am sure someone will log on to verify this who saw me do it, and when I did do it, nobody could believe their eyes, even though they saw it, and saw the chalk tip mark where I hit it.

I don't recommend drawing that way, it was a demo just to prove you can draw well by hitting up very high on the CB &amp; never ever jump the CB off of the table ever again. On most of my draws, I am only a tip below center, unless it is something funky requiring some thing unusual to produce the shot. Fast Larry Guninger
www.fastlarrypool.com (http://www.fastlarrypool.com) VENI, VIDI, VICI.....

bluewolf
04-02-2003, 10:06 AM
I did see Larry draw across the table by hitting the equator. I have not personally mastered that technique. If I remember correctly, the point Larry was trying to make was that low and level was the best method for certain draw shots(and I have seen scott, ww draw these table length as well) and other methods were better for other shots.

I am no expert certainly. Only stating what I think Larry was saying. At this point, I do draw better low and level, but I do ocasionally scoop the ball if I accidentally go too low.

There is another draw I have used and I used it naturally until a bunch of people told me it was wrong. I called it the 'barroom draw'. This works especially well when the cb is relatively near the rail. This is a stroke down on the ball, relatively low but not as low as the low and level shot with very little follow.

Since I am a beginner, who am I to say who is right or wrong? I cannot even pause in my backswing, makes me think too much and miss the shot.Most accurate for me is stroke,stroke, pop /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

04-04-2003, 07:23 PM
dEAR BLUE WOLF, IF YOU USE MY TECHNIQUE, YOU WILL NEVER JUMP A CUE BALL OFF OF THE TABLE &amp; SELL OUT EVER AGAIN, LOW &amp; LEVEL IS A BAD TECHNIQUE. Fast Larry Guninger www.fastlarrypool.com (http://www.fastlarrypool.com) VENI, VIDI, VICI....

Scott Lee
04-04-2003, 07:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fast Larry:</font><hr> dEAR BLUE WOLF, IF YOU USE MY TECHNIQUE, YOU WILL NEVER JUMP A CUE BALL OFF OF THE TABLE &amp; SELL OUT EVER AGAIN, LOW &amp; LEVEL IS A BAD TECHNIQUE. Fast Larry Guninger www.fastlarrypool.com (http://www.fastlarrypool.com) VENI, VIDI, VICI.... <hr /></blockquote>

C'mon Larry...this is what got you into hot water in the first place here. Different techniques work for different people, and different table situations. Drawing the CB by stroking it low and level is NOT bad technique...just different than the way you teach. Different strokes for different folks, I always say. You (nor I) are not the LAST word, or the end-all-be-all...when are you going to learn that?

Scott Lee

phil in sofla
04-08-2003, 03:35 PM
Jimmy Reid agrees that low and level isn't the way to go for draw shots.

In fact, he mentions some people teach that, and immediately says, 'well, forget that! Jack up!' I'd guess he jacked up maybe 5 or 6 inches at the butt of the cue.

Scott Lee
04-08-2003, 05:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote phil in sofla:</font><hr> Jimmy Reid agrees that low and level isn't the way to go for draw shots.

In fact, he mentions some people teach that, and immediately says, 'well, forget that! Jack up!' I'd guess he jacked up maybe 5 or 6 inches at the butt of the cue. <hr /></blockquote>

That may be, Phil. But low and level is still the EASIEST way for the average player to learn to draw the CB effectively, using very little effort, and develop a high degree of accuracy. Different strokes for different folks applies here...but they are just that...DIFFERENT. One is not bad and one is not good. They BOTH work. Imo, one is much simpler, and therefore easier to execute more consistently. However, a good player can draw both ways, depending on the shot situation...or in Larry's case, 17 different ways! ROFL

Scott Lee