PDA

View Full Version : Buying a Table, Brunswick Orleans - Any concerns?

Clarky
04-02-2003, 11:41 AM
Hi, First post. Long time lurker. Always enjoy the knowledge and comedy on this board.

In the midst of purchasing a used Brunswick Orleans 8 foot oversize. Appears to be in very good condition from the pictures sent. Bought online so I haven't seen in person yet. I am having a Brunswick dealer go to inspect it before the purchase is finalized. I just wanted to know if there were any people on here who have played on or have owned an Orleans that have any trouble spots or concerns I should have the Brunswick guy look into. Any comments at all positive or negative are appreciated. I would also like to know what anyone thinks of this table and its playability.

Thanks in advance,

Ken
04-02-2003, 04:02 PM
It looks like a solid table. I saw a couple at sites and they were mahogany and good looking. The pro series is probably all one inch slate but make sure there isn't a 3/4 inch option (I don't think there is). I saw one on ebay that was cherry wood. Couldn't find anything on the Brunswick site so I didn't find the manufacturer's price.

There are so many different Brunswick models that it's unlikely anyone here (unless a dealer) would be familiar with one.
KenCT

04-04-2003, 01:52 PM
Hi, I'm not aware of any concerns with the Orleans table but you may want to find out when (and where) it was built. I doubt it would effect the quality but it will effect the look. I have an Orleans that was built in the mid to late 80's. At that time the frame and legs were built with Phillipine Mahagony, the rails were made of Walnut, and the slate is a matched set from Italy. Now the frame, legs and rails are all made from a Brazilian hardwood called curubixa and then finished in Mahagony. The slate is also a matched set from Brazil. I personally like the looks of the older version better but that is just me. I've had mine for about 3 years now and couldn't be happier. It plays great though I am far from a great player. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I actually had Brunswick send me some spec's for the Orleans and it includes a picture of the older version. If you would like to see it I'd be happy to send it over to you.
Good luck on your purchase!

Brandon

Clarky
04-08-2003, 07:29 AM
Hi Brandon, yes I would like to see the specs and the pics. My email is saintclarky@hotmail.com

The table I am talking about was built in 1978 so what you have is probably relevant.

Cheers,

Brian in VA
04-08-2003, 01:06 PM
A friend of mine has nine foot Orleans and it is a beautiful table. Mahogany is the main wood, I believe, and it has one inch slate. Plays like a dream. I will be in the market for a table later this year and would love to find one just like it.

Brian in VA