PDA

View Full Version : Humor: Should Predator Cues be banned in Tours?

Harold Acosta
04-02-2003, 05:02 PM
<font color="red"> I just read a news article at ESPN.com, in which the PGA will test some drivers because they wonder whether some of the ones being used on the PGA Tour are legitimate. Some of the text and the link follows: </font color>
http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/story?id=1532871

[b]PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. -- David Toms is among those who wonder whether some drivers used on the PGA Tour are legitimate.

Starting this summer, he'll know for sure.

The PGA Tour plans to experiment with a portable device at the Western Open that will measure the trampoline effect in drivers and determine whether they are fit for play.

"It's important for all of us to be on the same playing field,'' Tiger Woods said. "That's why we should test drivers on the first tee, to make sure everyone is legit.''

The trampoline effect is based primarily on the thin face of drivers. While manufacturers send their new drivers to the USGA for approval, there are no guarantees that every club -- especially those close to the limit -- meet the standard.

<font color="blue"> Based on this article, I could only wonder: Should Predator Cues/shafts and Meucci Red &amp; Black Dot Shafts be banned from all Pro and Amateur Tours? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

According to the all the hype on Predators and Meucci's, which I don't believe or would go on repeating, I then suggest that anything with the "Predator or Meucci" name should be banned and not a single one be allowed in Pro or Amateur Tournament play because "It's important for all of us to be on the same playing field,'' . /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I think then that any of the reputable World Pool/Billiard Organizations should test the Predators and Meucci's to ensure that the darn things are legit! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif That way, those of us who don't use these gizmos, could know for sure, if the darn things are giving "unfair advantages" to some Pro and Amateur players!</font color>

<font color="green"> Just bear with me here a little. Can we really believe and trust the Predator and Meucci hype?... or should us players contract an independent firm to test all cues out there to verify the legitimacy and truth behind the aformentioned cuemaker's claims? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>

I'm thinking about contacting "Consumer Reports"...... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

<font color="blue">Billiards: A passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif

bluewolf
04-02-2003, 05:20 PM
This is pretty silly. Thanks for the laugh anyway. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Laura

Big_Jon
04-02-2003, 09:36 PM
damn straight i think they should (predator), i wish i could have taken a few years off of my learning curve... and for meucci... i think they should ban those too, and the players also... anybody that stupid shouldn't be allowed near "sane" people...

thanks

Jon /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

sneakypapi
04-02-2003, 10:17 PM
Hey, think about it if Predator was the answer to winning, every pro would play with one. Everyone knows there is no magic piece of equipment for pool that will make average players into super players. The game of pool can be learned and played well, but only a few people can really have the natural ability and talent to achieve superior results. Look at any tournament esp. on the men's side and you will see there is no clear cut winner in most events. On the other hand the women's side is completely different, where Alison Fisher and Karen Corr simply dominate. The fact that they succeed is their desire to improve their game beyond even greatness. I remember 2 years ago Alison was on top for a good 4 to 5 year run until Karen came along. I give Alison credit to bringing her game to the next level above greatness to get the number 1 spot back again.

q4summit
04-03-2003, 01:42 AM
I really don't understand why Meucci's are so hated here. My buddy used one for abotu 3 years. Its a beautiful stick and he played beautiful. Why so much animosity towards them (Big John)??

Marc

bluewolf
04-03-2003, 06:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote q4summit:</font><hr> I really don't understand why Meucci's are so hated here. My buddy used one for abotu 3 years. Its a beautiful stick and he played beautiful. Why so much animosity towards them (Big John)??

Marc <hr /></blockquote>

This is a pool forum. There are many people here with different opinions. Shoot with what helps your pool and feel good in your stroke hand. jhmo

Laura

Fred Agnir
04-03-2003, 07:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote q4summit:</font><hr> I really don't understand why Meucci's are so hated here. <hr /></blockquote>They aren't hated. No offense but a retort post like yours to a phantom "hate post" only perpetuates that myth.

I've noticed over the past few years an overwhelming number of "why do people hate Meucci?" posts, without many "I hate Meucci" posts. It just happened yesterday.

On posting boards such as these, there is an uncommon ratio of customized-cue owners compared to non-customized (i.e., off-the-shelf production) cues. That's the nature of the posters on the internet, which only represents a unique group of players not necessarily the normal group. Add to that the buying frenzy created when just one person on the group decides to buy a customized cue and shares the experience with the group.

So, the going feeling when cues are concerned will gravitate toward "custom cues." That's not normal if you were to ask the question in Nameyurpoolhall, in AnywhereUSA. A normal pool hall response would point towards Joss, McDermott, Viking, Meucci, maybe Huebler, possibly Schön for high-end production. The reality is, ~39.5 MM of the 40MM players who play pool wouldn't know a Southwest Cue from Southwest Airlines.

To your point, when Meucci cues are mentioned, because of Bob Meucci's excessiveness I suppose, there is a response (deservedly, IMO) to squash any myths that Meucci or any cue has any inherent advantage over another. That squashing-sentiment can be misinterpreted as Meucci-bashing, but overall, I don't see it as that.

Fred &lt;~~~ proud to own Meucci cues

q4summit
04-03-2003, 12:47 PM
Point taken and understood, thank you.

Marc

04-03-2003, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The reality is, ~39.5 MM of the 40MM players who play pool wouldn't know a Southwest Cue from Southwest Airlines.
<hr /></blockquote>

LMAO!

Jimmy Mendoza
04-03-2003, 04:47 PM
Just because I don't want to be lumped in with the type of people you mentioned, I know the difference between the airline and the cue. In fact, I think most of us know that the airline is the company, while the cue is when they call you to board the plane!

Deniel
04-03-2003, 08:35 PM
LMAO /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Good one Jim /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Harold Acosta
04-03-2003, 10:45 PM
Now that you bring Allison Fisher up, I think that Cuetec's should also be banned from Tours.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif The Cuetec gave Allison an unfair advantage over all her opponents for 5 or 6 years. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif It was a bummer for all the WPBA. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif...and now that she is making a comeback. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif....well...we should ban that cue and make her use any other custom or production cue, except Predator, Meucci, or Cuetec! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<font color="blue">Billiards: A passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif

04-04-2003, 06:22 PM
Fred, excellent post, why do bozo's trash meucci cues, small minds, produce small results. I play with a Schuler &amp; Meucci, they are both wonderful cues, and any one who trash's them, tell's me they don't know squat.

I don't trash a guy if he plays with a McDermott, it's a OK cue, it's a free country, with free choice. I am so glad you guys are beginning to learn golf can teach you something. Banning preditors or Meucci's, as Blue wolf said, is funny, stupid.

What golf does, is ban any product that gives you the shot, or you can buy a club to make the shot. You must buy the club, then learn how to make the shot.

Therefore, if pool follows golf, all jump cues will become illegal overnight. Pool does not have the balls, to ever do this, because the BCA and pool is ran &amp; controlled by the big distributors who sell these jump cues, so dream on boys. Fast Larry Guninger www.fastlarrypool.com (http://www.fastlarrypool.com) VENI, VIDI, VICI....

ceebee
04-09-2003, 09:33 AM
well.... it ain't too hard to see whose toes get stepped on around here. My old man told me once "when you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, the one that yelps is the one you hit" ...ain't it the truth.