PDA

View Full Version : Why I'm so happy

snipershot
04-02-2003, 06:36 PM
The Western Canadian Open 9 Ball Championships are being held in my hometown (Calgary, Alberta) April 15-19. Earl Strickland will be in attendance as well as Luc Salvas which will be so cool. Around here the opportunity to see pros is rare let alone world class players.

I hope to god I can make it there, I've never been to a pro tournament before /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif and it would be foolish to pass up this opportunity. Many of the other CCB'ers around here have the opportunity to watch and meet world class players alot and I wished I had the opportunity more as well. But here's my chance and I hope to make the most of it.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-03-2003, 08:09 AM
Try really hard to get there. You will not be sorry.

A pleasant side effect is the fact that you will shoot better after watching these guys (Well maybe not Salvas /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif).

Paul_Mon
04-03-2003, 09:17 AM
Wally,
It is true that ones game improves after watching the pros. But one thing that I can not emulate is their super long bridge lengths, over 15". Santos and Alex have some of the longest bridges I've ever seen and the ratio of cue length to body length is about 1:1 in their case. Even Strickland seems to have lenghtened his bridge, especially on his break shot.

Paul Mon

L.S. Dennis
04-03-2003, 11:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote snipershot:</font><hr> The Western Canadian Open 9 Ball Championships are being held in my hometown (Calgary, Alberta) April 15-19. Earl Strickland will be in attendance as well as Luc Salvas which will be so cool. Around here the opportunity to see pros is rare let alone world class players.

I hope to god I can make it there, I've never been to a pro tournament before /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif and it would be foolish to pass up this opportunity. Many of the other CCB'ers around here have the opportunity to watch and meet world class players alot and I wished I had the opportunity more as well. But here's my chance and I hope to make the most of it. <hr /></blockquote>

Sniper, You ought to try to make it down to the Sands Regency in Nevada sometime. This long standing bi-annual tournament has been going on for years every June and December. All the great players usually attend. Check out the air fares!

snipershot
04-03-2003, 05:39 PM
I just got the complete list of players today and it consists of alot of great players not just from Canada either, some of the other players that will be there are:

Johnny Archer
Pagulayan
Paul Potier
Danny Hewitt
Imran Majid

just to name a few /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I will probably only make it for a day or two,I have to travel a fair distance to get there living in the country. But I will be like a little kid on Christmas the whole time.

UWPoolGod
04-03-2003, 06:06 PM
Not to mention all of the up and coming young players from B.C. Mike Vidas and Simon Pickering among them. I saw these 23-25 year olds play down here in Seattle. Lights out. Pickering beat Paul Potier 9-0 last year in a big tourney here, Paul missed one shot and had two kickshots in the match. Mike has been winning lots of the big touneys around the Seattle this year, along with John Doherty (JD). Wonder if Glenn Atwell is going...he's been shooting lights out lately...won the US 8-ball bar table championships this year.

Should be fun to watch, sucks I have to work.

Todd

Wally_in_Cincy
04-04-2003, 07:58 AM
If you are into autographs you should be able to get plenty. You might want to buy some cheap cue balls or 9-balls to get signed.

Just try not to bother the players before a match or right after a tough loss /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. Wait until they are relaxing and bullshi**ing with the crowd.

snipershot
04-05-2003, 04:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote UWPoolGod:</font><hr> Not to mention all of the up and coming young players from B.C. Mike Vidas and Simon Pickering among them. I saw these 23-25 year olds play down here in Seattle. Lights out. Pickering beat Paul Potier 9-0 last year in a big tourney here, Paul missed one shot and had two kickshots in the match. Mike has been winning lots of the big touneys around the Seattle this year, along with John Doherty (JD). Wonder if Glenn Atwell is going...he's been shooting lights out lately...won the US 8-ball bar table championships this year.

Should be fun to watch, sucks I have to work.

Todd <hr /></blockquote>

He beat Potier 9-0 /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

That's pretty impressive as Paul is an excellent player, Glen Atwell will be there as well so it should make for some very exciting matches.