PDA

View Full Version : Using the quote function

L.S. Dennis
04-03-2003, 01:15 PM
I know that by clicking onto to the quote button you end up quoting the poster's entire message with the 2 horizontal lines above and below the entire quote. My question is how do I get those two lines over a quote of just a couple of lines or one sentence instead of the entire quote?

Can anyone help me on this it's driving me crazy!

SpiderMan
04-03-2003, 01:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote L.S. Dennis:</font><hr>
Can anyone help me on this it's driving me crazy! <hr /></blockquote>

Clicking "quote" will quote the entire prior message. Just delete any portions of it that you do not want to use in your response.

SpiderMan

Rod
04-03-2003, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
by clicking reply then quote and pasting a message inside the box <hr /></blockquote>

[ QUOTE ]
. My question is how do I get those two lines over a quote of just a couple of lines or one sentence instead of the entire quote?
<hr /></blockquote>

you can hit quote and erase any words you do not want also. maybe this helps?

Rod
04-03-2003, 01:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote L.S. Dennis:</font><hr>
<hr /></blockquote>
Like this. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Clicking "quote" will quote the entire prior message. Just delete any portions of it that you do not want to use in your response.

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

Fred Agnir
04-03-2003, 01:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote L.S. Dennis:</font><hr> I know that by clicking onto to the quote button you end up quoting the poster's entire message with the 2 horizontal lines above and below the entire quote. My question is how do I get those two lines over a quote of just a couple of lines or one sentence instead of the entire quote?

Can anyone help me on this it's driving me crazy! <hr /></blockquote>Check out the UBB code help section:

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/faq_english.php?Cat=#html

Fred

SPetty
04-03-2003, 04:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote L.S. Dennis, the master questioner:</font><hr>Can anyone help me on this it's driving me mad! <hr /></blockquote>It's very simple, like they've all said. Just delete what's not of interest.

Notice that you can also change the quotee, and of course, you could misquote someone by changing the text inside the quote with no one being the wiser. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty helping L.S. Dennis how to quote:</font><hr>Have you ever pressed the "quote" button rather than the "reply" button when replying to a post? That'll show you the extra code you need to make a quote of anything. You just add a little extra - start the quote with the open square bracket followed by "quote=whoever/whatever you're quoting" (without the quotation marks) followed by the close square bracket to start the quote. Then, to end the quote, you just use the open square bracket followed by "/quote" (without the quotation marks) followed by the close square bracket. Lots of words, but if I tried to type it in, it would make it look like a quote instead of showing you what it looked like. <hr /></blockquote>

Wally_in_Cincy
04-04-2003, 07:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>
...and of course, you could misquote someone by changing the text inside the quote with no one being the wiser. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fast Larry:</font><hr>
I actually like cats better than dogs.<hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> Only right-brained people like cats<hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dOwntOwn:</font><hr>You all are fags<hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr>Bahahahaha<hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally in Hamiltucky:</font><hr>You mean like that?<hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
04-04-2003, 11:30 PM
Wally, whatever am I going to do with you. You're killing me over here!http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/1045106392.gif

Oh, and did you forget:

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>...all I wanted to do was play pool EVERYDAY...<hr /></blockquote>
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>will you marry me? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>Yes. Yes I will.<hr /></blockquote>
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>RE: Wally and Wendy Pic
http://i.disney.go.com/disneygo/desktopstop/beauty/imgs/beauty_preview_01_pics.gif
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/lol.gif<hr /></blockquote>

Wendy~~Memories...http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/1046456818.gif