Stretch
04-03-2003, 02:03 PM
We lost,

I'm crushed,

drowned my sorrow,

couldn't sleep,

way late for work,

day from hell.

Sorry, but i don't think i'll ever get to see you all. I tryed, i failed....again. Time to do something else...anything else. This games killing me.

William Holmes

Barbara
04-03-2003, 02:23 PM
Well, there's always next year...

Hang in there, Stretch!

Barbara

Rod
04-03-2003, 02:23 PM
Cheer up Stretch, there is a lot of us that will not attend. There is a lot of high flautin people here that can go anywhere. Some of us suckers have to work! LOL Then when the pay check comes around mine is the size of a postage stamp! Wait a minute I don't get a pay check. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Rod

Kato
04-03-2003, 02:27 PM
Dude, I just checked the map. Nova Scotia is like 5 minutes from Maine. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif You should go to the US Open, it's like 30 minutes away. It might take longer if it's snowing, I'm not sure.

Kato

Wally_in_Cincy
04-03-2003, 03:07 PM
I know how you feel. In 2001 we were 5 games away from going. Two or three mistakes over the course of about 21 games cost us the trip.

Also drowned my sorrows.

You know what? The world didn't end. Enjoy the journey rather than wrapping your whole self up in the destination.

SpiderMan
04-03-2003, 03:52 PM
Stretch,

Come on out anyway. Airfare is really cheap these days. And you can probably arrange to share a room with some of your luckier friends.

Rod, this goes for you also!!!!!

SpiderMan

Jimmy Mendoza
04-03-2003, 04:09 PM
I was talking to another player once after losing a match in a tournament. I was doing the usual feel-sorry-for-myself routine. You know, bitching and complaining about rolls, playing bad, etc. So after listening to my routine for a few minutes he offered me some advice. He suggested that I should take a two week lay-off ... then quit all together! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
04-04-2003, 05:02 AM
Stretch,
Stick to the fight when your hardest hit, its when things seem worse that you mUST NOT QUIT!
Cm'on-airfares are cheap-230.70!Roundtrip!
Maybe a little sun and pina coladas is what you need my friend-hope things work out for you either way!
Take care!
Carol

Eric.
04-04-2003, 10:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr>
Cm'on-airfares are cheap-230.70!Roundtrip!
<hr /></blockquote>

I wound up paying $285.00 + on Amer. West, roundtrip from Newark, NJ. Where did you find $230?! I need to learn how to shop a little /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Oh well. The ggod news is- Vegas! (May 9-18)

Eric &gt;world's worst shopper

jjinfla
04-04-2003, 10:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy Mendoza:</font><hr> I was talking to another player once after losing a match in a tournament. I was doing the usual feel-sorry-for-myself routine. You know, bitching and complaining about rolls, playing bad, etc. So after listening to my routine for a few minutes he offered me some advice. He suggested that I should take a two week lay-off ... then quit all together! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

quit pool - or quit bitchin? Either way it's probably good advice if you want to remain sane, have a life out of the pool hall, stay married, keep your job, etc. But who wants to live like that? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
04-05-2003, 04:48 AM
Hey Eric,
Thats not bad-but I found it under CONTINENTAL!EWR-LAS-nonstop!
See you there.my friend!
love ,
Carol

CarolNYC
04-05-2003, 04:57 AM
Hi there, I play league Thursday evenings at Amsterdam and lost hill-hill match-I was devastated-my captain said" Dont ever worry about losing a match as long as you give it 110% all the way" which I did-I feel the people who play pool on this board are 110%ers!:)
Carol