PDA

View Full Version : New Pool Forum

Kato
04-03-2003, 10:44 PM
One of our new members, Hawiian Fantasy has created a new pool forum for her son so he doesn't have to sift through all of the posts on the CCB as it can be a bit difficult to navigate. The website address is http://pub4.ezboard.com/fcornerpocketfrm2
and I, Kato am the moderator. Please go check it out.

Kato~~~jus lettin' ya'll help out with a fledgling younster.

04-03-2003, 10:53 PM
TY Kato..I hope it will serve it's purpose. Hopefully it's a lot easier to navigate and saves others time from repeating themselves from us newbies hehehhehe

bigbro6060
04-04-2003, 12:07 AM
sorry Kato, youngster or not, i feel the last thing we need is another Pool forum !

bad enough that people are split between here, Azbilliards and other forums

I would like to see one major forum where everyone hung out

Kato
04-04-2003, 12:14 AM
Actually Big Bro, I think the more pool the better. Your not going to get your wish about 1 major pool forum as there are many different websites. Each one offers something a little bit different. You make your choices on where you wish to go though. He found the CCB difficult to navigate as many do. Now he's got his own site.

Kato~~~it's just an announcement

04-04-2003, 12:27 AM
Excuse me if I am about to step out of line. Yes I am new here but since we are able to simply blurt out our feelings, let me respond to this.

Yes it is not your fault that this island has no resources for a child or children to take their minds away from bad influences. My son is utilizing the only source he has which is this forum and now his forum which I made for him.

It is hard as it is on him to learn this way and I along with all the other helpful people in here are trying to give a child hope in finding an outlet...but I be damned if you are going to bring it down. Your first sentence has nothing but negativty and you clearly stated CHILD OR NOT..what a shame on you!

I have made his forum easy to navigate to even help experts and pros from repeating themselves. I am sure they are tired of saying the same thing over and over with each newbie that comes in, even myself and my son as well. This is why I am forever greatful.

Learning pool through distant education if you will is hard...and it takes time for those who are helping to sit and explain over a forum how it should be.

Now...you not being able to keep up is not my problem, but at least have a heart and think of what you are saying. I hope my son does not see this thread for it will hurt his feelings. If you could only sit here and see how happy he was to have his own forum and ask questions, I assure you if you have any conscience it will be eating away at you right now.

Never attempt to approach a cub cause the mother is near.

04-04-2003, 01:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Hawaiian Fantasy:</font><hr> Excuse me if I am about to step out of line. Yes I am new here but since we are able to simply blurt out our feelings, let me respond to this.
<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="red"> Sorry Fantasy, But I had to come over here. I did a search on the forum and lo and behold there was already a link that The cornerPocket was being talked about. You know People some of use DO NOT like this forum set up , we do prefer the ezboard set up. It is easier to deal with and if you want to go to another board (if it is a global account) you do not have to register a new name. The name you have is good for all BOARDS. Unlike the UBB I have this forum name registered BUT I have to register it every time I want to post on a new board.</font color>

<font color="red"> NOW on to you posting about </font color><blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigbro6060:</font><hr>bad enough that people are split between here, Azbilliards and other forums
I would like to see one major forum where everyone hung out<hr /></blockquote><font color="red">Sounds to me that you might be jealous that a teenager might get more people to his forum /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
You know I have dealt with some adults that were childish before but lord forbid they want to attack a child while the mother is around.( or friends of the family for that matter)</font color>

TomBrooklyn
04-04-2003, 06:32 AM
I don't think CCB is an appropriate forum for the average 10 year old to hang out in.

TomBrooklyn
04-04-2003, 06:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigbro6060:</font><hr> I would like to see one major forum where everyone hung out <hr /></blockquote>I would like to see one giant pool room where everybody hung out, as long as it was near my house, and as long as it had the best features of all the other pool rooms. LoL.

TomBrooklyn
04-04-2003, 06:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr>Hawiian Fantasy has created a new pool forum and I, Kato am the moderator. <hr /></blockquote>Hi, can either of you guys see the password we use to sign in with?

TomBrooklyn
04-04-2003, 06:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr>I, Kato am the moderator.<hr /></blockquote>Did you volunteer for it because it has a whole bunch of new circle guys?

04-04-2003, 07:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigbro6060:</font><hr> I would like to see one major forum where everyone hung out <hr /></blockquote>I would like to see one giant pool room where everybody hung out, as long as it was near my house, and as long as it had the best features of all the other pool rooms. LoL. <hr /></blockquote>

hehehe you have a lot of space for all of us? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

and to answer your other question, no we can't. The only thing mods can do is edit posts should there be profanity and move topics to the right sections /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
04-04-2003, 07:51 AM
I can't Tom, though the forum was just created last night and I don't know all my capabilities /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif I'm sure you can just e-mail ezboard though and get if. If not I'm sure Hawiian Fantasy can help.

Kato

bluewolf
04-04-2003, 07:52 AM
I just woke up and haven had time to check out your son's forum yet. have you checked out az billiards? it is much smaller and has a forum designed like this one only less posts and less people.

Laura

Kato
04-04-2003, 07:52 AM
Just trying to help out a youngster. Also thought it would be neat. I also do like the new circle guys. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato

Wally_in_Cincy
04-04-2003, 08:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Hawaiian Fantasy:</font><hr> Excuse me if I am about to step out of line.

<font color="blue">OK you're excused. </font color>

Yes I am new here but since we are able to simply blurt out our feelings, let me respond to this.

<font color="blue">Blurting is generally not a good idea. It's much better to think before you post. </font color>

It is hard as it is on him to learn this way and I along with all the other helpful people in here are trying to give a child hope in finding an outlet...but I be damned if you are going to bring it down. Your first sentence has nothing but negativty and you clearly stated CHILD OR NOT..what a shame on you!

<font color="blue">Bro's post was simply an observation, not a personal attack. I'm surprised you interpreted it that way</font color>

....I hope my son does not see this thread for it will hurt his feelings.

<font color="blue">If he's that thin-skinned he should stay away from internet forums. This is one of the most genial boards around. </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

Good luck to your son. Now that he knows some basics he should spend some time at the table rather than the computer anyway.

Steve Lipsky
04-04-2003, 08:37 AM
Well, I'm coming to BigBro's defense. I read his post as quite lighthearted.

I disagree with what he was saying, but I do not think for a second that he was trying to bring down a child's spirits. I didn't read that at all from his post.

- Steve

04-04-2003, 08:45 AM
Trust me I did think before I posted /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

as for you seeing it as an observation that is YOUR opinion, but since it was about MY SON I stepped in and gave MY OPINION.

My son thin skinned? naw.... but words do hurt a child and any parents reaction is to react to the hurt or know what your child will fee when reading it. If you are a parent you would or should know this /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thank you for the luck with my son, but I will decided when he gets off the computer.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-04-2003, 09:26 AM
whatever

Deeman
04-04-2003, 09:49 AM
HF,

Forgive me, you seem a sensible person. If you are really trying to foster a child's learning process about pool, do him a favor and let the kid play pool. If there is no table for him to hit balls around on, he might need to pick a different hobby. At his stage of development, he is not going to learn how to play pool on a forum no matter how much architecture you put into it for him. Pool is first and foremost fun and should be introduced by letting a kid bang balls. That will do no permanent harm, even if he does miss a post on how to use inside English jacked-up the length of the table. Bluewolf, bless her heart, has posted a few thousand times on this forum alone and she is still a SL-2!!! If the internet forums improved games at the lower levels with any impact at all, she would be spotting all of us balls. If she had spent that time hitting balls, she might be, indeed, a much better player or would have decided it's just not her game. If you want your sensitive son to stay protected, he should play chess, pool is a tough game to learn and master as it is. Go ahead and set up your forum so that he won't have to search for threads and such. We wish you well. However, do him a favor if you want him to enjoy the game by letting him hit balls with friends and become a "Banger" at least for a while.

If not, then just set him up a forum so he can discuss something else rather than billiards. Asking the limited number of contributors to visit and contribute to yet another forum is not doing any of us a favor.

Fred Agnir
04-04-2003, 09:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigbro6060:</font><hr> I would like to see one major forum where everyone hung out

<hr /></blockquote>The overall topics and post have a different flavor on one forum compared to another. I think that's a good thing.

I mean, let's take pool halls. Sometimes, I like to go to a hardcore action room like Hard Times Bellflower. Sometimes, I like to go to a nostalgic place like Smith's in Springfield, MA. And other times, I want to see scantilly clad waitress like Boston Billiards in many areas of New England (Nashua, NH is the best, IMO). Then, other times, I want to be in a mob of beautiful people, get overcharged for beer, can't hear myself think, and shoot on beige cloth like The Rack in Boston, MA.

It's all different; it's all good.

Fred &lt;~~~ mmmm.... Boston Billiards...

04-04-2003, 10:00 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I finally finshed checking my emails after working all night on webpages and got an email from my neighbor the next road up....he is willing to let the kids play on his table which is really nice of him.

Thank you all once again...Imma let him have at it now /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif so long he doesn't mess up the table or flings the cue ball off the table LOL he is good to go. Them loose cannon cue balls can do damage /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Popcorn
04-04-2003, 10:44 AM
The thing about the ccb is you get answers in almost real time. I post to some forums on other subjects where I have to keep checking back for a day or two to see I someone answered my question. This forum is as good as it gets, that is why the volume of posts. What is the plan, to post a question over there and then come here and ask if someone could go over there and answer it? This is the only pool forum I look at, I am aware of others AZ, Playpool and so on, but I just want to read a little about pool and not spend to much time on the computer. I have no interest running from forum to forum. I don't see what they finds so difficult about this forum, they should be very glad it is here rather then complaining. Starting their own forum and expecting everyone to be at their beck and call to personally answer their questions I find a little strange. Just my opinion

04-04-2003, 10:52 AM
heheheheh sorry you feel that way. I don't see where anyone is <font color="red"> expecting </font color> anyone here to to participate. Some of us can handle going to many forums and helping people and some of us just forget where we came from.
It's a free country, I know cause my husband fought for that freedom so you are free to do what you want. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif CCB is an awesome forum! I like going to UBB and EZBOARD forums, they are educational and entertaining..you even make a few friends here and there by meeting people who don't come to this one or the other. Again the choice is that of the individual.
Thanks for your opinion...great to be able to share opinions huh? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott Lee
04-04-2003, 10:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman:</font><hr> Bluewolf, bless her heart, has posted a few thousand times on this forum alone and she is still a SL-2!!! If the internet forums improved games at the lower levels with any impact at all, she would be spotting all of us balls. If she had spent that time hitting balls, she might be, indeed, a much better player or would have decided it's just not her game. <hr /></blockquote>

Dee...In Laura's defense, she HAS become a much better player in the several months since I worked with her last August. I worked several hours with her again two weeks ago, and her stroke is considerably improved over the first lesson. True, she is still an APA SL2, but that doesn't mean she hasn't improved. She is diligent about disciplined practice (even though she spends plenty of time here too), and imo has the right attitude to get better.
Her only problem, like many of us, is that she wants to be better RIGHT now, and struggles with the up and down inconsistency that many newer players experience (AND some well-seasoned ones too!). Pool, like most sports, is not a take-a-pill sport...and nothing substitutes for time on the table (as you pointed out clearly). Laura will continue to improve over the course of time. I firmly believe that.
Added to that, she has a nice, poolplaying husband who also supports her desire to "be as good as she can be"!

Scott

Kato
04-04-2003, 11:06 AM
Hey Popcorn, you're preaching to the choir with me bro. I'm not going anywhere. I've been posting here for 3 years or so and I haven't been run off yet. Heck, a couple of folks around here actually like me kind of. But I do cruise a few other sites as well though I don't really post them. It's a little variety that makes my day and night go by a little faster.

On the other side, the kid wants to learn about pool, he asked his mom to make him a forum because she can, I offered to help, I announced it here. Some will go check out the other sight, some will not. It's all good. It's certainly not going to replace the CCB, nor is it intended to.

Kato~~~understands everybody's point of view.

Deeman
04-04-2003, 12:03 PM
Scott:

Yes, I know Laura is going to get better and that good instruction is valuable and will contribute. My point is/was that while a forum will help everyone in some way, it is not the most valuable way to gain skill. Perhaps knowledge, but skill comes from competent instruction, practice and playing. I surely don't begrudge Laura or anyone else their participation. I just think, like you point out, people want results now in an unrealistic set of expectations. As I said in an earlier post, I still only want instruction in the basics (stroke, execution) and I think I'm a long way from a beginner (maybe 40 years). I know the senerio, you get a student that wants to learn to shoot better, he/she thinks they are a good shooter (to them, maybe a SL-3 or SL-7 in a league). You then want to see their stance, bridge and stroke. They are astounded that you are not showing them how to do three rail banks, draw the ball the length of the table, etc.

I have no good reason why I used Laura as an example but we see many cases where people have gotten some things out of context here and elsewhere. I know the lady from the Big Island has a perfect right to lead her son into this game any way she chooses because her husband fought in a war for that purpose? I just happen to think, from her accumlation of prior posts, that she knows about as much about pool as my Aunt Lucy. That's perfectly o.k. It is just if you choose to participate here and I feel that you are probably setting your son up to be a very good typist and forum navigator instead of a pool player I might want to give my opinion on it. If it bothers here or anyone else, I am sorry. I don't normally want to hurt non-democrat's feelings.

My only message here was and is; let the kid play pool, don't set up a forum for him at his level to distract him from the game and let him have just a little fun before it gets serious. This forum is for us to share knowledge and most of us are mature enough to take criticism and judge what is right and wrong for us. I think you have to have at least a bit more age and experience for this to be of value to you than what I sense (maybe incorrectly) her son's age and pool maturity level may be.

You know, I guess I should keep my opinions to myself but that's the part of the CCB that has always attracted me.

Still wanna buy you that beer! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

eg8r
04-04-2003, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My only message here was and is; let the kid play pool, don't set up a forum for him at his level to distract him from the game and let him have just a little fun before it gets serious. This forum is for us to share knowledge and most of us are mature enough to take criticism and judge what is right and wrong for us. I think you have to have at least a bit more age and experience for this to be of value to you than what I sense (maybe incorrectly) her son's age and pool maturity level may be.

You know, I guess I should keep my opinions to myself but that's the part of the CCB that has always attracted me.
<hr /></blockquote> I agree Deeman. I think the kid should be out playing instead of reading about it. Do you really think the kid understands what is being talked about on the board anyways. Does he know what english is? Can he comprehend what running english is and how that relates to left or right? Does he know what a stroke is?

I just think that at his level, absolute beginner, he should just be worried about getting up to the table and trying to make balls. I really do not even see a single way as to how a forum will help someone at this early beginning stages. Do you see people surfing football forums before they even know what offense and defense is.

I think it is awesome that HF is showing an interest in helping out her kid (my mother hated me going to bars and playing pool) and would like to see him get better. I also like the idea of coming here to find out if there are any instructors in her area that could give lessons. I just think that coming to the board for help, when he probably is just starting to pick up a cue will not do him any good.

For my part in trying to help...Have you checked with the BCA to see if they have any instructors in your area? Are there any recreation facilities on your island that have a public table to play on? Do you live near a boys/girls club? I have met plenty of people that started out playing at the boys club. I think it is more important to get him out and playing and seeing what he does well and what he does not do so well, and then ask questions. I would venture to think he does not understand a lot of the vernacular here on the board and that only comes from being around the game. It is hard to look for answers when you don't understand the language.

I have not been to your forum, but maybe if someone has some homemade video of proper stance/bridge/stroke you could post it to his new forum. These types of things will help him see how it should be done. It is also easier for me to understand something when I see it, rather than read it out of a book.

eg8r

eg8r
04-04-2003, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On the other side, the kid wants to learn about pool, he asked his mom to make him a forum because she can, I offered to help, I announced it here. <hr /></blockquote> And this my friend is why... [ QUOTE ]
a couple of folks around here actually like me kind of. <hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

IMO, This is what the board is about, helping others. Sure HF's board will be nice and sort of a novelty, but I hope it helps the youngster out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Too bad there are so many different ways of doing things. I think one thing this board lacks are stickies or faq's. This would help newbies find some of the easier info all in one place. Problem with this (and why I don't think it would work here) is that there are so many ways to do the same thing, i.e. bridge, stance, pause in backswing, etc.

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
04-04-2003, 12:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>I agree Deeman. I think the kid should be out playing instead of reading about it.

<font color="blue">yup </font color>

For my part in trying to help...Have you checked with the BCA to see if they have any instructors in your area?

<font color="blue">www.bca-pool.com does not list any but there's gotta be some kind of instructor around there, you would think. </font color>

Are there any recreation facilities on your island that have a public table to play on? Do you live near a boys/girls club? I have met plenty of people that started out playing at the boys club.

<font color="blue">or YMCA </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

eg8r
04-04-2003, 01:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote HF:</font><hr> heheheheh sorry you feel that way. <hr /></blockquote> Why are you sorry, I don't think he is sorry for saying it. [ QUOTE ]
I don't see where anyone is expecting anyone here to to participate. Some of us can handle going to many forums and helping people and some of us just forget where we came from.
It's a free country, I know cause my husband fought for that freedom so you are free to do what you want...<hr /></blockquote>I am not sure Popcorn is trying to take away anyones freedom (not sure why this was even brought up). I think he was covering a few topics in one post. When this board switched to this style there were plenty of whiners who did not want to learn how to use the new board. There were also legitimate complaints by people who just had a hard time understanding how to use the new board. AzB just stated using their new formats and their are complainers there also.
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> . I have no interest running from forum to forum. I don't see what they finds so difficult about this forum, they should be very glad it is here rather then complaining. Starting their own forum and expecting everyone to be at their beck and call to personally answer their questions I find a little strange. <hr /></blockquote> For whatever reason Popcorn seems to be a little touchy today and maybe taking this a little too personal. I do not remember Kato asking Popcorn to go to the new site and post or even frequent the site. At most, this was an invitation to the board to see the new site. If one chooses to post by all means post, Popcorn has stated he is only on his computer to check out a few posts on CCB and then he gets off. To you Popcorn, ignore Kato invitation to visit the other site. CCB is far too much wasted time on the computer as it is. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif (I am being lighthearted Popcorn, but last part of your post sounded like a grumpy old man /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif ).
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote HF:</font><hr>Thanks for your opinion...great to be able to share opinions huh? <hr /></blockquote> Boy that sounds pretty sarcastic. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Deeman
04-04-2003, 01:09 PM
Good points! We see eye to eye on this. Great idea on the Boy's Club. I hit my first balls at a Boy's Club. Mostly for that reason, I give the bulk of my charitable contributions to them each year. Funny, when I was a little kid, I thought my $1 a year paid for all that stuff we got to do! I encourage everyone to give what they can to great organizations like Boy's Club. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r
04-04-2003, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
or YMCA <hr /></blockquote> Darn it. LOL, I was hoping to catch all the easy ones. Yes the YMCA would also be a great place to check out.

I mentioned these, because they are places where HF's son can play against people at his level of the game and worse/better than him. This way, he can decide if 1. likes the game, 2. does he like competition, 3. is he dedicated to getting better, 4. is his desire to be the best enough to keep him practicing. All of these I think are recognized pretty early in the playing process. You will find people that play the game only to get their mind off other stuff, or just to play because there is a table there. This is what they deem is fun. After watching him for awhile at this stage you will have a better idea of what type of pool player he is interested in becoming.

If after playing for awhile, you notice that his desire and dedication is in getting better, then I suggest you find a local player and see if they will teach him, or take him under their wing. If his desire is just to go and hit the balls around, then I say let him just go hit balls around. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif One day he will want to get better and seek out instruction.

eg8r

eg8r
04-04-2003, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Funny, when I was a little kid, I thought my $1 a year paid for all that stuff we got to do! <hr /></blockquote> Likewise, I never understood why my mother would tell me we could not afford something. I would just tell her to pull out the thing in her purse and let the man behind the counter slide it. LOL We could afford everything and anything I wanted so long as mom brought the credit card. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Popcorn
04-04-2003, 02:42 PM
In all seriousness, what is so difficult about this board to navigate? I am as computer illiterate as anyone and I have never had a problem. Would it not make more sense to get used to this board and take advantage of it's wealth of information, if information is what they are after? I don't even see a problem with the same questions being asked over and over. Every time a question is asked different players may have a different take on the question. Most don't have definitive answers.

Kato
04-04-2003, 03:25 PM
Popcorn, I'm not arguing with you, honestly. I agree there is great knowledge here. I should know, I'm like furniture on this forum. I'm just helping out a kid. I'm not asking everyone from here to go there. I'm asking people if they are interested then stop by every once in a while and take a peek. I cruise AZ and Playpool daily and post here. You don't check out those other sites and that's cool by me. I spend about 12 hours a day on a computer. I need things to do to fill up my day.

Popcorn, I for one enjoy your posting, you obviously know a bucket load of stuff, lots more than me and I appreciate you being here.

Take care

Kato

04-04-2003, 03:54 PM
Mr. Deeman, dear sir, I hate to see you slam bluewolf's ability, had you know what you are really talking about, you would have not done that. I spent close to 8 hrs working with her game. I don't like to reveal any personal things about any of my students, but I can tell you this, she is a lovely person, she is very sincere in wanting to play better, and she now has some severe medical things I can't go into that now prevents her from getting any better than she is now. She has a lot of knowledge, but her problems she has no know control of are holding here back. I tell you this, only so you will please cut her some slack here. I thank you sir, if you will consider this request.
Fast Larry

bigbro6060
04-04-2003, 10:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Steve Lipsky:</font><hr> Well, I'm coming to BigBro's defense. I read his post as quite lighthearted.

I disagree with what he was saying, but I do not think for a second that he was trying to bring down a child's spirits. I didn't read that at all from his post.

- Steve <hr /></blockquote>

you got it exactly right steve

thanx also to Wally

i had no malicious intent, it was just a comment

i'm gonna leave it at that or i might say something i'm gonna regret !

04-05-2003, 07:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> One of our new members, Hawiian Fantasy has created a new pool forum for her son... and I, Kato am the moderator. Please go check it out.

Kato~~~jus lettin' ya'll help out with a fledgling younster. <hr /></blockquote>

Kato, Kato the forum hormone. Sounds like your interest might be more than just the kid? If Hawaiian Fantasy was a fat broad would U have taken such a "NOBLE" interest?? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kato
04-05-2003, 07:30 AM
ALF, I'm not sure if you're just having a little fun at my expense or if you're serious. Just in case, I'll clue you in. Yes, she is attractive BUT she's married, has a child, and lives in the middle of the ocean and I don't have a boat /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I personally try to hook up with women who live 5 MILES away from me, not 5 TIME ZONES. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

By the way. I don't know how much time any people on this board have spent in South Florida but we have more sexy, beautiful women here than you can shake a stick at. I ain't single because I can't get a date. I'm single because the choices are limitless.

Kato

snipershot
04-06-2003, 12:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> The thing about the ccb is you get answers in almost real time. I post to some forums on other subjects where I have to keep checking back for a day or two to see I someone answered my question. This forum is as good as it gets, that is why the volume of posts. What is the plan, to post a question over there and then come here and ask if someone could go over there and answer it? This is the only pool forum I look at, I am aware of others AZ, Playpool and so on, but I just want to read a little about pool and not spend to much time on the computer. I have no interest running from forum to forum. I don't see what they finds so difficult about this forum, they should be very glad it is here rather then complaining. Starting their own forum and expecting everyone to be at their beck and call to personally answer their questions I find a little strange. Just my opinion <hr /></blockquote>

AMEN!

bigbro6060
04-06-2003, 04:08 AM
yep Ditto amen Snipershot and Popcorn!

Kato, mate if you really want to help the little tyke, why not try this

set up an easy laid out webpage which covers various areas of pool e.g.

Break
Stroke
Stance
Bridge
Grip

etc etc

and link to threads here covering the subject

that way you are doing the organising and searching for the little fella and he is getting all the great info on this board

simple !

04-06-2003, 04:15 AM
ohhh good advice! but the only thing is when updating webpages, it takes that much more to open the ftp, html editor and upload. Heheheh with the forum we can just reply. But thank you for the suggestion. One day I will prob make him a webpage /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Things seems to be going great at the forum. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif we managed to play a few games and he applied the suggestions to him..that little bugger won /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif I guess I need to apply it now LOL

bluewolf
04-06-2003, 08:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fast Larry:</font><hr> Mr. Deeman, dear sir, I hate to see you slam bluewolf's ability, had you know what you are really talking about, you would have not done that. I spent close to 8 hrs working with her game. I don't like to reveal any personal things about any of my students, but I can tell you this, she is a lovely person, she is very sincere in wanting to play better, and she now has some severe medical things I can't go into that now prevents her from getting any better than she is now.
Fast Larry <hr /></blockquote>

Larry,

Thanks lots for the compliments. As far as the medical things, I feel that I will find a way around them though they may slow down my progress, since I cannot practice as much as I otherwise could. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Laura

04-06-2003, 09:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> ALF, I'm not sure if you're just having a little fun at my expense or if you're serious. Just in case, I'll clue you in. Yes, she is attractive BUT she's married, has a child, and lives in the middle of the ocean and I don't have a boat /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I personally try to hook up with women who live 5 MILES away from me, not 5 TIME ZONES. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

By the way. I don't know how much time any people on this board have spent in South Florida but we have more sexy, beautiful women here than you can shake a stick at. I ain't single because I can't get a date. I'm single because the choices are limitless.

Kato <hr /></blockquote>

eg8r
04-06-2003, 10:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but the only thing is when updating webpages, it takes that much more to open the ftp, html editor and upload. <hr /></blockquote> You have got to be kidding me. We are talking just a few minutes. 5 minutes tops. If the links are basic enough and show you the proper bridge, stance, etc. then there is no need to update it. You could make another page that would show more advanced stuff, but we are talking a good distance in the future. Anyways, it only takes a second to copy and paste to your page (editor). The upload is minimal at most since you are just uploading the text. You do not need to re-upload any pictures/graphics on the page.

I think the webpage is a great idea and simple to do.

eg8r

04-06-2003, 12:18 PM
I make webpages for a living... thank you once again for the suggestion but I went about it the way I see fit. Besides on a forum he can ask questions and anyone can answer not just Kato /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif On forums you can still import images and such if we need it.

Deeman
04-07-2003, 06:27 AM
Larry,

Of course, I don't want to hurt Blue Wolf's feelings and would never hurt her if I knew she had medical problems that prevented her progressing in the game. I take your word that her situation is as you stated and will not comment on her again.

Dee

bluewolf
04-07-2003, 07:21 AM
I did not take it personally, anyway. If seems like you were using my name as an example, but you were really talking about the child of HF /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

As far as physical limitations: they may begin as boulders, hard to climb over. In time they become rocks, then pebbles, then rough sand to be crushed under one's feet with the strength of will and God's grace. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Laura

04-07-2003, 11:54 AM
Hawaiian Fantasy I just love your art in fact i finally registered just to tell you that.
I have been around since November and now im a newbie /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

04-07-2003, 02:02 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif why thank you...I sent you email /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif