PDA

View Full Version : VEGAS-BCA thing in May

Eric.
04-04-2003, 11:35 AM
O.K., looks like it's that time again- the time honored(for some) trek to the BCA Nationals. I read a previous post by Michelle, talking about some people from the Dalls/FW area going so...

Whose going?

When to when?

Anyone interested in another CCB get together?

Eric > May 9-18

Fred Agnir
04-04-2003, 11:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr>
Whose going?

When to when?

Eric &gt; May 9-18 <hr /></blockquote>
May 9-13th
Riviera
roulette

Fred &lt;~~~ have keychain, will travel

=k=
04-04-2003, 01:26 PM
hi eric, i will be there 16-18, hope to see you all there.. k

Mr Ingrate
04-05-2003, 03:16 PM
Hi Eric,

May 9-18 for me. I'll be playing in the GEEZER singles and with a team "SLIK STIX" in the Open Teams. Tuesday evening, May 13th, is the free beer bash.

How about using a keychain, buttoned or pinned on your shirt, as an ID?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> O.K., looks like it's that time again- the time honored(for some) trek to the BCA Nationals. I read a previous post by Michelle, talking about some people from the Dalls/FW area going so...

Whose going?

When to when?

Eric &gt; May 9-18 <hr /></blockquote>

Eric.
04-29-2003, 09:32 AM
since it's coming up next week, thought I 'd bring it up again.

Michelle
04-29-2003, 10:29 AM
I'll be there May 9 - 18.
And, I get to celebrate my brithday there, on the 13th too! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I got a redeye back, so if anyone is going to be hanging around all day Sunday, the 18th, let me know!

SPetty
04-29-2003, 11:44 AM
I'm in - 8-18

Hopster
04-29-2003, 11:59 AM
Im pretty sure i will be in Vegas that week. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan
04-29-2003, 11:59 AM
Tuesday through Saturday. Who'll go with Big Tom, Big Jeff (from last year's Talisman giveaway) and I to break the buffet at the RIO?

SpiderMan

SpiderMan
04-29-2003, 12:01 PM
Just a friendly reminder.

SpiderMan

Eric.
04-29-2003, 12:34 PM
I guess I'll take it upon myself to play 'Julie/Cruise Director' since I opened my mouth...

Seems like everybody will be in town by Tuesday. Spidey mentioned the buffet@ the Rio. Anyone interested in doing dinner @ say 6.00?

Eric &gt;Mmmmm...fooood

Hopster
04-29-2003, 01:43 PM
Seems like everybody will be in town by Tuesday. Spidey mentioned the buffet@ the Rio. Anyone interested in doing dinner @ say 6.00? &lt;--Eric

Im off thurs and fri,s so i wont be able to make it though i would like to meet a few of you guys.
Heres a little suggestion though. If any of you feel like Italian food, theres a great place on Spring Mntn road between decatur and jones called Romas. Its about the only place that can really cook and they are very very reasonable. 99% of the other places in town cant coom worth a s### and will rob you to boot.
Take it for what its worth.

Eric.
04-29-2003, 01:53 PM
how about this:

meet @ the Splash Bar around 6:00pm Friday nite, go from there?

Anyone?

Eric

Eric.
04-29-2003, 01:58 PM
Happy (early)B'Day, Michelle!

remind me to send a couple of "Birthday Shots" your way /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Eric

Barbara
04-29-2003, 02:26 PM
Eric,

Take it from someone who's organized a lot of get-togethers and dinner parties. Get a plan in place, 'cause with a group that could get to epic proportions, you may be disappointed that you all won't be able to sit together.

Here's my suggestion. Save the Rio buffet for some other time. It's awesome, but I'd rather be eating at that place than talking with new found friends.

At Circus Circus across from the Riv, there's an Italian restaurant that may not be the greatest, but it's reasonable and takes reservations. Get a "first count" of CCBers interested and make a reservation for that. If more people get interested, then wait a couple days to let the restaurant know what the final count will be. Meet up at the Splash Bar and you all can walk over there together!

Just my $.02. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Barbara~~~would help, but is not going to be there this year /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Eric.
04-29-2003, 03:28 PM
Thanks Barbara!

Speaking of Circus Circus, the steak house there (I think it's called "The Steak House") is also awesome. Too bad you're not going /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif I think I'll take your advice on taking names.

O.K., let's try this; I'll make reservations at a few restaurants, everyone meet at the Splash bar and we'll decide on where to go from there.

Eric &gt;aka Julie/Cruise Director

Hopster
04-29-2003, 04:43 PM
Speaking of Circus Circus, the steak house there (I think it's called "The Steak House") is also awesome. Too bad you're not going I think I'll take your advice on taking names.

O.K., let's try this; I'll make reservations at a few restaurants, everyone meet at the Splash bar and we'll decide on where to go from there. &lt;-- Eric

Youre definetly on the money on the Circus steak house. its a real sleeper. Only thing is if you dont make reservations a few days in advance, forget it. Im talking from first hand experience here, but its not a problem, theres plenty of places to go.
I will be at the splash bar, barring unforseen circumstance. Looking forward to seeing you.

Barbara
04-29-2003, 04:55 PM
There you go! Sounds like you have a great place! Pete and I will remember this next time we're there.

Eric, get an initial number of CCBer's that are at all interested. It would also be helpful to know what kind of steak place it is since so many of them are totally "a la carte" to keep prices down.

When you get an intial number, make the reservation and tell the res. person that this may flucuate by, say 10 guests. Then, let them know you will give them a "final count" within 6 hours of the reservation time. They may want that count 24 hours in advance, so err on your side - 2-4 empty seats won't upset most configurations. When you work with them, they work with you.

And don't forget, your gratuity is counted in with your bill for parties of 8 or more!

Barbara~~~loves throwing parties!!! Misses the buffet at Rio!!!

SPetty
04-29-2003, 07:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> Who'll go with Big Tom, Big Jeff and I to break the buffet at the RIO?<hr /></blockquote>I'm in, but I'll need a ride!

SPetty
04-29-2003, 08:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> meet @ the Splash Bar around 6:00pm Friday nite, go from there?<hr /></blockquote>I'm in, keep us posted...

Rod
04-29-2003, 08:02 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SpiderMan
04-30-2003, 09:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> Who'll go with Big Tom, Big Jeff and I to break the buffet at the RIO?<hr /></blockquote>I'm in, but I'll need a ride! <hr /></blockquote>

We can all split a cab to get over there. Coming back, it may require a van! Prior to dinner, Big Tom is 6'3" 330 lbs, Big Jeff only 300 (and 10 of that is hair). I'm 6'3" and only 185, but after dinner who knows? Last year I out-ate Big Tom by about 3 plates.

SpiderMan

SpiderMan
04-30-2003, 09:27 AM
I told Scott to "remind" you also when he gets to Phoenix next week.

BTW, I have been working on your stroke thing a bit lately. I think I could help you beat those two nines now.

SpiderMan

Eric.
04-30-2003, 09:46 AM
Count me in, too. BTW, I'll be renting a car...

Eric

SpiderMan
04-30-2003, 10:32 AM
Eric, check your PMs and send me contact info. We're gathering a hungry bunch for Tuesday night.

SpiderMan

Rod
04-30-2003, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, I have been working on your stroke thing a bit lately. I think I could help you beat those two nines now <hr /></blockquote>

That's good, problem is my game is declining to fast, we'll have to switch role's! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Eric.
05-02-2003, 10:21 AM
For those interested, we have reservations at the Steak House located in Circus Circus for 7.00 PM Friday. It's considered one of the best steakhouses in town; all steaks are dry aged for 21 days. Good stuff and the prices are reasonable for a good steakhouse.

We can meet up at the Splash bar in the Riv @ 6.00 PM, try to figure out who is who, and walk across the street for dinner.

If you haven't PM'd me yet, please do so by 5/08 so I can firm up our reservation.

See ya then!

Eric

9 Ball Girl
05-02-2003, 12:16 PM
Eric, when I go to Vegas next year, will you promise to ride the rollercoaster in Circus Circus with me once? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric.
05-02-2003, 12:29 PM
why wait til next year?

Eric

9 Ball Girl
05-02-2003, 12:53 PM
Damn job got in the way of my priorites again! I'm doing a Laptop lecture that week. Blah

Predator314
05-02-2003, 01:42 PM
Hrmmm...laptop lecture? That sounds like a hoot.

9 Ball Girl
05-02-2003, 02:01 PM
Yeah we've got some newly hired System Coordinators and I have to show them how to configure/troubleshoot laptops through a network and yada yada yada. You know, geeky stuff.

SpiderMan
05-02-2003, 03:06 PM
NBG, I don't think that's what 0l' Pred was hinting at /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif Mention "laptop lecture" to some of us bad boys and we start thinking about your choice of seating.

SpiderMan

JPB
05-02-2003, 03:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Predator314:</font><hr> Hrmmm...laptop lecture? That sounds like a hoot. <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, after the Las Vegas dinner you all can go down the street to Olympic Gardens and get a lot of schooling. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9 Ball Girl
05-03-2003, 12:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> NBG, I don't think that's what 0l' Pred was hinting at /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif Mention "laptop lecture" to some of us bad boys and we start thinking about your choice of seating.

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

Oh! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif You boys are bad! And I for one like it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thierry Layani
05-04-2003, 10:53 AM
"Whose going?

When to when?

Anyone interested in another CCB get together"

10-17
Riviera
First time in Vegas!!!

Thierry Layani~~had a keychain, 2 year old lost it...still travels and up for good old american steak!

SPetty
05-05-2003, 03:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote =k=:</font><hr> hi eric, i will be there 16-18, hope to see you all there.. <hr /></blockquote>Hi =k=, Why don't you load up ol' Rod and bring him along with you? He's somewhere there in Phoenix and could sure use the road trip! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif