PDA

View Full Version : Moose International Tournament

Predator314
04-04-2003, 01:51 PM
Anyone going to the Moose International tournament June 4-8? It is in Lynchburg, VA.

It was in Orlando, FL last year. Our team got second. I got 6th in the first 9-ball tournament.

travellerdl2
04-04-2003, 02:47 PM
I'll be there! If all goes well Henry Co. will send two teams. I'll buy you a drink when we get there.
I was in Orlando last year, so we might have already met.
I dominated Mr. Bye in the first round and things went downhill from there... Mark Hagerman

Predator314
04-04-2003, 03:12 PM
Princeton, WV is sending two teams this year (that was the last news I heard). The team we sent last year got 2nd (I wasn't on that team). This page has the results. (http://www.mooseintl.org/moosemagazine/novdecjan03/moosemag_sports.htm)

I'll treat you to dinner one night (as long as they have the $3 all you can eat spaghetti like they did in Orlando) /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

travellerdl2
04-04-2003, 03:46 PM
Wes,
I had a great time last year in Orlando. I'm going to hold you to that spaghetti offer, heehee. Remind me to tell you a funny story about the jack and jill tournament.
Did you meet Mary Bloze while you were there? What a remarkable woman!! She was third in singles and doubles.

Scott Lee
04-05-2003, 01:16 PM
Hey you guys! You have one of the best trickshot artists in the country living right there in Lynchburg. Willie Jopling, a very dear friend of mine, lives in Lynchburg. Perhaps your lodges could pitch in a few bucks and have him come over and do a little trickshot exhibition. You won't be disappointed! He is a wealth of pool knowledge, and a downright NICE man! You can contact him by phone, at 434-384-8525. He doesn't use a computer, so you'll have to call. If you do use him, please tell him I said hello! I missed him at Valley Forge a couple of weeks ago.

Scott Lee

Wally_in_Cincy
04-05-2003, 01:27 PM
And apparently Willie Jopling has a vast array of stories to go along with his trick shots /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Scott Lee
04-05-2003, 09:25 PM
Wally...True dat! LOL

Scott