PDA

View Full Version : predator cue

03-22-2002, 03:01 PM
just purchased entire predator cue previously jst used their shafts on other butts hit feels tinny any comments

Kato
03-22-2002, 03:35 PM
LOVE MINE!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! Did I mention that I'm partial to my Predator?

Kato~~~thinks the aliens don't like Predator.

03-22-2002, 03:38 PM
What brand(s) of cue did you use before Predator?

Kato
03-22-2002, 03:44 PM
I owned a couple of Helmstetter's which I still have. The hit of my current Predator is wonderful. I really enjoy playing with it. Everybody that has hit with it enjoys it. Some people don't want to give it back.

Kato

03-22-2002, 03:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: steve from nyc:</font><hr> just purchased entire predator cue previously jst used their shafts on other butts hit feels tinny any comments <hr></blockquote>

probably just the new tip. they usually need to be used a bit before they loosen up. usually 2-3 hours of shooting does it. some people put 'em in a vice before mounting which breaks 'em down some.

dan

03-22-2002, 03:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> I owned a couple of Helmstetter's which I still have. The hit of my current Predator is wonderful. I really enjoy playing with it. Everybody that has hit with it enjoys it. Some people don't want to give it back.

Kato <hr></blockquote>

Is your Predator the sneaky pete?

Kato
03-22-2002, 04:11 PM
I had the wood to wood sneaky but I sold it cheap and bought the exact same cue with the steel joint. I think HDJ has the sneaky. I've got a Triangle on it.

Kato

03-22-2002, 04:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> I had the wood to wood sneaky but I sold it cheap and bought the exact same cue with the steel joint. I think HDJ has the sneaky. I've got a Triangle on it.

Kato <hr></blockquote>

Thanks Kato, BTW is your old Pred SP rear balance or forward? I'm planning on getting one also but would like a balance point between 17 - 18" from the butt. What's yours (old Pred SP)?

03-22-2002, 04:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> I had the wood to wood sneaky but I sold it cheap and bought the exact same cue with the steel joint. I think HDJ has the sneaky. I've got a Triangle on it.

Kato <hr></blockquote>

so far, and it's been several months, i couldn't be happier with my pred. sneaky pete. other than breaking, i've not shot a stroke with another cue since i picked it up. wound up taking the bolt out of it so it's now a light 18oz. with no wrap and the wood to wood joint it feels just right to me.

dan

03-22-2002, 04:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr>is your old Pred SP rear balance or forward? I'm planning on getting one also but would like a balance point between 17 - 18" from the butt. What's yours (old Pred SP)? <hr></blockquote>

just measured mine and at 18oz with no bolt the balance point is exactly 18"north of the butt, bumper included.

dan

Kato
03-22-2002, 04:48 PM
Dan, I also took out the weight bolt to make it an 18 oz cue. I just couldn't quite get used to the wood to wood. Now this Predator is a 19.3 oz (Big Jim in Dennis Searing's shop measured everything) and is weighted wonderfully (though I don't know the balance point and I'll check tonight).

Kato

03-22-2002, 04:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: houstondan:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Anonymous:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;is your old Pred SP rear balance or forward? I'm planning on getting one also but would like a balance point between 17 - 18" from the butt. What's yours (old Pred SP)? &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

just measured mine and at 18oz with no bolt the balance point is exactly 18"north of the butt, bumper included.

dan <hr></blockquote>

Thank you so much! That helps me alot. I have tried the Pred SP from some guy at the poolhall and love it but forgot to ask him the balamce point. Again thanks!

Harold Acosta
03-22-2002, 05:23 PM
Just can't believe people keep falling for the Predator crap thing. Everything is in people's mind. Predator is made of "crapwood" which is best thing to throw into fireplaces.

That bunch of baloney people say about improving with the Predator just cannot be true.

I rather play with my Mizerak than with a Predator. Predators are overpriced and over-hyped.

"Cada Loco con su tema" ........
("Different strokes for different folks.")

03-22-2002, 05:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Harold Acosta:</font><hr> Just can't believe people keep falling for the Predator crap thing. Everything is in people's mind. Predator is made of "crapwood" which is best thing to throw into fireplaces.

That bunch of baloney people say about improving with the Predator just cannot be true.

I rather play with my Mizerak than with a Predator. Predators are overpriced and over-hyped.

"Cada Loco con su tema" ........
("Different strokes for different folks.")

<hr></blockquote>

harold...what happened to you? you used to be a nice guy. now you are sitting there telling a lot of us that we are idiots. i've been shooting over 45 years and am not prone to chase after the latest gizmo or fad. i'm also generally understood to not be a complete idiot and am pretty insulted that you take your stupid opinion and use it to blast me and others who have decided that they prefer the predator shaft. if you don't like the pred then that's fine but i'll be damned if i'm going to sit here and be called a fool by someone who clearly does not have a clue.

check your bedroom for pods. if there isn't one there then maybe you need to get one.

dan...have a nice day

03-22-2002, 05:51 PM
kato, i'll be interested to see what you get. i would expect the joint to kick the balance north some more.

dan

Tom_In_Cincy
03-22-2002, 05:59 PM
Your previous cue butt is what you are probably use to by now. The New butt is just feeling strange. Wait until you've had some serious playing time, before your final jugement.

Harold Acosta
03-22-2002, 06:03 PM
Houston Dan:

Sorry if I have offended you, but if you read my last sentence, I stated "different strokes for different folks" meaning with that, that if you feel comfortable with the Predator, so be it.

I truly believe that Predators are a hyped-up product.

Again, I apologize to you and anyone at the board for conveying a wrong message.

BillPorter
03-22-2002, 07:16 PM
Steve,

My bet is that you have a slightly loose weight bolt. Pop off the rubber bumper and find a set of Allen wrenches. Check the tightness of the weight bolt. I have a Predator that started feeling a little "twangy" after months of hitting the balls great. I posted a question on this board and I think it was Ken who suggested that I check the weight bolt for tightness. That solved the whole problem. Good luck!

Doctor_D
03-23-2002, 10:08 AM
Good morning:

As I stated in a previous post, I own Two (2) Meucci SE12s and I have Two (2) Predator 314 shafts for each of them. Additionally, I also own Two (2) Predator Break Cues. Nice, very very nice!

Dr. D.

03-23-2002, 05:00 PM
Harold,
It's fine to have an opinion, but if you're going to broadcast it have the balls to stick with it. I love people who decide to back off of a position once it becomes unpopular.
I personally don't think the Predator is a bunch of hype, but then I've been playing with a First Edition since the line's debut. I recently replaced it....with a Predator 2, which I love even more. Predator is not just about a great ad campaign. They make a solid product, and back it up with exceptional service. If they didn't, they could not have become the industry standard, acknowledged or not. By the way, despite the fact that I've bought exactly two cues from these people in eight years, they STILL busted their asses to make sure that my new cue was made to my EXACT specs, AND they remember my name every year at Valley Forge. Sorry, but I've never found anyone else in the industry that can compare...... Lorri

03-23-2002, 05:29 PM
Hello all,
I thought that Falcon cues made the butts for Predator. Is this not true?

Harold Acosta
03-23-2002, 05:45 PM
Lorri, you have your opinions about Predators, I have mine. You've had a wonderful experience with them, I haven't. Nonetheless, I would have to say that they are better than the Meucci's Red Slop (Dot)!

Predator backs their product because they are charging a hefty price for them. It is only fair to most of their customers to provide great service.

I will not even attempt to change your opinion. So far, mine hasn't changed....

03-23-2002, 06:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Harold Acosta:</font><hr> Lorri, you have your opinions about Predators, I have mine. You've had a wonderful experience with them, I haven't. Nonetheless, I would have to say that they are better than the Meucci's Red Slop (Dot)!

Predator backs their product because they are charging a hefty price for them. It is only fair to most of their customers to provide great service.

I will not even attempt to change your opinion. So far, mine hasn't changed....

<hr></blockquote>

Coz you ARE an IDIOT! That's why. LOL hahahhah........

Harold Acosta
03-23-2002, 09:08 PM
Hey Ano:

"Brick and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me."

03-23-2002, 09:59 PM
Harold, You remind me of my friend Jose Garcia. He used to feel the same way you do. Guess what he shoots with now, AND, will admit he likes it! It worked pretty well against Earl at Valley Forge

Harold Acosta
03-23-2002, 10:09 PM
Jose from Vineland. We've met a couple of times in Puerto Rico, and the US Open. He used to have a Pool Room here about 6 miles from my home.

Played with Falcon cues for some time; and with another I can't remember right now. Next time I see him, will ask about the change.

03-23-2002, 11:15 PM
He still uses his Falcon butt

Harold Acosta
03-23-2002, 11:23 PM
Aha! Jose has not switched entirely to Predator!

Harold ~ may still be half-right on this issue! LOL!

Doctor_D
03-24-2002, 08:18 AM
Good morning:

As I have comment in several other threads, I own Two (2) Predator BK Break Cues and Four (4) Predator 314 Shafts for use with my Meucci SE12s. I am most pleased with the Predator products.

Dr. D.

Kato
03-25-2002, 10:50 AM
Darn it Dan, I forgot over the weekend. I'll check the balance point tonight and get back. What I can tell you is that with this cue I didn't need to take out the weight bolt. I've had the whole thing weighted and measured and will report tomorrow.

Kato

03-25-2002, 12:11 PM
My experience with three Predators was underwhelming. I have grown used to solid, quality aged maple shafts on all my cues. Compensation for squirt comes naturally. There is no gain in accuracy with Predator over other cues; you simply grow accostomed to a different degree of deflection. I suspect some people stay with them because they simply haven't tried a top quality maple shaft built by someone who knows the craft. Others are stuck on Predator due to a genuine improvement in their game; I have no problem with that. But for my money, an honest maple shaft is a far better value.
Mike

03-25-2002, 12:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Mike Mc.:</font><hr> My experience with three Predators was underwhelming. I have grown used to solid, quality aged maple shafts on all my cues. Compensation for squirt comes naturally. There is no gain in accuracy with Predator over other cues; you simply grow accostomed to a different degree of deflection. I suspect some people stay with them because they simply haven't tried a top quality maple shaft built by someone who knows the craft. Others are stuck on Predator due to a genuine improvement in their game; I have no problem with that. But for my money, an honest maple shaft is a far better value.
Mike <hr></blockquote>

Some people still live in 80's!

03-25-2002, 01:01 PM
&lt;&lt; Some people still live in 80's! &gt;&gt;

that's true. some of these folks are in denial that someone can beat them with a predator, who happens to just start playing pool a few months while they played with their pre historic shaft, and can't stand the fact that they got beaten. heck yes! lol hahahah.....

03-25-2002, 01:55 PM
And yes, some people will say anything to justify their purchase. How many top builders' shafts did you try
before you jumped on the bandwagon? Note that mating a Predator to a cheap butt may feel better (as it could be an improvement), but try that on a quality custom cue (if there is one in your town) and you may just learn that you made a mistake.
Have Fun, Mike

Harold Acosta
03-25-2002, 04:56 PM
Hey Mike,

Our friend Jackass Anonymous probably has a broomstick as a cue and believes the Predator has improved his game. He doesn't realize that the broomstick has 10 pieces of hollowed crapwood that makes the broomstick feel funny. Instead Jackass Anonymous thinks the broomstick feels great. I bet he believes that Action Cues are high-end sticks.

I feel really sorry for this guy....

Harold ~ has mistakenly owned three Predator shafts. Only one left....any offers anyone?

03-25-2002, 11:23 PM
Doctor_D,

are there any performance difference among the Four (4) 314 shafts that you have ?

also......two break cues ?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Doctor_D:</font><hr> Good morning:

As I have comment in several other threads, I own Two (2) Predator BK Break Cues and Four (4) Predator 314 Shafts for use with my Meucci SE12s. I am most pleased with the Predator products.

Dr. D.
<hr></blockquote>

03-26-2002, 10:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Harold Acosta:</font><hr> Hey Mike,

Our friend Jackass Anonymous probably has a broomstick as a cue and believes the Predator has improved his game. He doesn't realize that the broomstick has 10 pieces of hollowed crapwood that makes the broomstick feel funny. Instead Jackass Anonymous thinks the broomstick feels great. I bet he believes that Action Cues are high-end sticks.

I feel really sorry for this guy....

Harold ~ has mistakenly owned three Predator shafts. Only one left....any offers anyone?

<hr></blockquote>

No I felt so sorry for you. Pool Wannabe! LOL hahahah......

03-26-2002, 10:43 AM
Puerto Rican's stink!!

03-26-2002, 10:43 AM
...and all talk! much to my surprise.

03-26-2002, 01:38 PM
What's wrong with you? Ain't brainy enough to give a manly reply? Where are you hiding? In a closet?

Can't wait for your next sissy reply....

03-26-2002, 03:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> What's wrong with you? Ain't brainy enough to give a manly reply? Where are you hiding? In a closet?

Can't wait for your next sissy reply.... <hr></blockquote>

yeah right! ur hiding too! LOL hahahahh sissy you poor you LOL

Rod
03-26-2002, 05:15 PM
Two people named Anonymous, having an arguement, calling names etc. Remove the Stealth and identify yourselves.
Then you can call each other by name.

Doctor_D
03-26-2002, 07:23 PM
Good evening Benjamin:

Not that I have been able to notice.

Dr. D.

Doctor_D
03-26-2002, 07:28 PM
Good evening Benjamin:

The Two (2) Predaotr BK Break Cues, First Editions, are identical and I can not notice any difference between them.

Dr. D.

03-26-2002, 07:46 PM
Maybe something is loose on your cue. Weight bolt maybe? I use predator shafts on my Schon Ltd and my Meucci 97-27. I will not shoot with out them. I have also got my friend using a Predator. That is all he shoots with now.
Jerry

03-27-2002, 12:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> Darn it Dan, I forgot over the weekend. I'll check the balance point tonight and get back. What I can tell you is that with this cue I didn't need to take out the weight bolt. I've had the whole thing weighted and measured and will report tomorrow.

Kato <hr></blockquote>

Kato,

Just reminding you /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

Kato
03-27-2002, 11:33 AM
I asked my roomate and he told me he forgot, now I've got to do it the old fashioned way. Read my above post and I think you'll know why I didn't measure it yet. I was in a BBBBAAAAADDDDD mode. Not so anymore.

Kato~~happy happy joy joy