PDA

View Full Version : Billiard Elbow Maybe?

Sid_Vicious
04-05-2003, 11:04 AM
I have had a twinge for lack of a better word in my elbow of my stroking arm for the better part of a year, and it is now a pain in muscles in part of the forearm in conjunction with the elbow region, and more painfull. I actually lost enough breaking ability Wednesday in league in that arm that I gained by switching to my left hand for breaking, and if this keeps getting worse will have to go off hand in other regions as well. Anybody have any idea for what this is? I considered that tunnel-computer-junk thing, and of course could maybe simply go to a doctor but I'm a little too macho I guess.

TIA...sid

bluewolf
04-05-2003, 12:35 PM
Sounds like a doc to me. Could be anything.

Laura

04-06-2003, 12:25 PM
My owner says go get a 5th of Irish Whiskey, chug the sucker, you will begin to run out like
greenleaf, and all pain will be gone, until you wake up in the morning.
Wonder Dog....

MarkUrsel
04-06-2003, 08:22 PM
I had something similar. Basically it's a mild form of tennis elbow. I used an ace bandage for awhile, then got a elastic support thing for my forearm. It cured it.

Hold your hand flat, and bend your wrist so it's as vertical as you can (like a traffic cop telling you to stop), then use your other hand to push out against your fingers and resist straightening your wrist. If you feel pain in your elbow or forearm, it's a pretty good bet it's tendonitis in your elbow (tennis elbow).

Of course, I'm not a doctor. So insert all the usual legal disclaimers here.

Sid_Vicious
04-06-2003, 09:03 PM
Cured it as in, it didn't come back? sid

L.S. Dennis
04-06-2003, 11:07 PM
Sounds like a jug of Irish whiskey might be just the answer!

MarkUrsel
04-07-2003, 10:23 AM
The main cause of mine was from a new mouse on my computer at work that angled my wrist differently than usual. Seeing as how I develop software for a living, I used it a lot, and after that week I could hardly lift my arm. Pool aggravated it for sure. After a new mouse and that wrap, it went away after about 8 weeks. The cure is support and rest. It hasn't come back.

Fred Agnir
04-07-2003, 10:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> I have had a twinge for lack of a better word in my elbow of my stroking arm for the better part of a year, and it is now a pain in muscles in part of the forearm in conjunction with the elbow region, and more painfull. I actually lost enough breaking ability Wednesday in league in that arm that I gained by switching to my left hand for breaking, and if this keeps getting worse will have to go off hand in other regions as well. Anybody have any idea for what this is? I considered that tunnel-computer-junk thing, and of course could maybe simply go to a doctor but I'm a little too macho I guess.

TIA...sid <hr /></blockquote>Go to a doctor. I had golfer's elbow (similar to tennis elbow) for the better part of two years. Some people never get rid of the pain. Fortunately, a good doctor, physical therapy, and a commitment to both put me back on track.

It sounds like you have golfer's elbow. It could have been from a sports-related injury, or from sleeping incorrectly. The scar tissue that builds up after healing presses against some nerves causing discomfort, pain, and weakness (in gripping). Heating pads and elbow/forearm supports do not help to get rid of this scare tissue. Neither does magnet/ion therapy. You have to daily deep massage it to break it up to allow your body to get rid of it. Plus some other stretching and PT that your doctor and physical therapist will recommend.

http://www.golfers-elbow.com/golferselbow.htm

Don't buy the CT Cream. It doesn't work.

Fred &lt;~~~ literally feels your pain

Sid_Vicious
04-07-2003, 10:49 AM
Calling for a doctor's appointment is on my list sometime today. This is becoming an infringement on other hobbies as well, no sense in putting it off. Thanks...sid