PDA

View Full Version : Rackmup on Fast Larry...

rackmup
04-06-2003, 09:23 AM
...It had to happen sooner or later. Those who know me know I can only sit idly for so long until I have to toss my two cents against the curb.

We all know someone who has a certain degree of an inferiority complex that compels them to make up stories about their accomplishments, awards, certificates of achievement, etc.

I work with a guy who claims to be a decorated Navy S.E.A.L. yet my sources reveal he was a Petty Officer, 1st class. He tells these tall tales in an attempt to make himself look "better" than those around him. All he really does with his lies is discredit the lost lives of those who have died bravely serving our country and protecting our freedom.

Fast Larry is the same to the billiards community. He asks for us to recognize his "talents" and his "skills" yet he belittles others who serve us in the same capacity. Scott Lee is a great instructor. I have met him. I've played against him and tossed back a few beverages with him. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Fast Larry however, wouldn't rate very high on my "wish list" of people I would like to meet.

He is a crabby, opinionated, disgruntled old man who makes trick shots. Big deal. I can make trick shots. I know twelve-year olds that can make trick shots.

He's in "Ripley's Believe it or Not". Big deal. So are two-headed monkeys and one-eyed women.

He quotes "famous people". Others have quoted people of infamy...sympathizing Nazi's quoted Hitler. Where did that get him? A bullet to the tonsils as he cowered in a cave as his fate rapidly closed in on him.

Larry, while you are welcome here and your posts cannot be stopped, I would only ask that you look in the mirror and stare boldly into the reflection of the face that most of us see as a two-legged mammal with too much helium in his ego and more childish whining than Carter has little pills and an inate ability to puff his chest out way past his sternum.

We see guys like you in every pool room. Claims of talent and fame, accomplishments, rewards of their talent, blah, blah, blah.

It's only my opinion and I am just a lowly recreational pool player and I am certain you can beat the pants off me in a game of pool but I think you're a buffoon.

Plain and simple. A buffoon. But that's just my opinion and I am as disliked by some as much as Fast Larry is.

Regards,

Ken ( I would pay to see Fast Larry play a two-headed monkey and a one-eyed woman in a game of "cut-throat" 8-ball.)

04-06-2003, 11:36 AM
Dear sir, I do not go around quoting Hitler, he was a evil mad man, who got what he deserved, and I don't appreciate you trying to associate me with him. I don't appreciate you starting a new string, & spitting out this ugly rethoric, which it's only design is to hurt or destroy me. Sir, what have I ever done to you? I realize you are one of Scott Lee's pupils, did he give you a free lesson to run down & degrade me, what did you get paid to cut my throat here. You also say I just make up things, sir I make up nothing, everything I claim, has been proved by the Guinness world book of records, of that, there is no dispute, so please don't attack something you know nothing about. Would you like to bet some serious money on this subject, how about we take this to the next level, you put up, or shut up......

I have received about 30 private emails, here is just one of them, and I will protect the identity of the sender, but most all follow about the same message. I quote: I am sorry that you had to cancel your tour because of that, it is a shame a decent man cant make a living without jealous no nothings spoiling it for all of us others who enjoy pool excellence. Were I live there isnt much in the way of pool and whenever there is a chance to go see someone of your caliber it is always a treat. I dont know if I will be able to make it to Vegas to see you play, as my job may not allow it, but hopefully you will be able to get to this part of town someday. End of quote.
I am a regular guy, who has a mom, a wife & kids, owns a home, plants flowers, and who lives a regular life. This may come as a shock to you, but there are some people out there who actually like me, and respect what I do. Don't let this mob mentality, and my jealous competitors push you into this get Larry thing. This vicious post you made, is bad for the board, bad for pool, bad for me, and only brings shame on you as a person sir. All I have asked, is for you people to simply leave me alone, and I guess that is asking too much??????
Fast Larry Guningeer

Sid_Vicious
04-06-2003, 11:59 AM
Larry...What do you expect after calling all of us bozos who can't make 3 balls in a row, along with many many more direct and offensive slurs over the time you've been here? Nuff said!!!sid~~~

Sid_Vicious
04-06-2003, 12:03 PM
"He's in "Ripley's Believe it or Not". Big deal. So are two-headed monkeys and one-eyed women."

That's dam funny, thanks for the reflection. I somehow have a mental picture of Fast's face on those monkey heads, with a patch over each left eye, LMAO...sid

Rod
04-06-2003, 12:27 PM
Larry,
No one wants problems here it's not good for the board or pool. Things were going along just fine the past few days no problem here. I'll quote your last comment to Rackmup which is all anyone wants.

[ QUOTE ]
This vicious post you made, is bad for the board, bad for pool, bad for me, and only brings shame on you as a person sir. All I have asked, is for you people to simply leave me alone, and I guess that is asking too much??????
Fast Larry Guningeer <hr /></blockquote>

That being said I agree but you need to realize how this starts. A fellow asked about his stroke, several of us replied in good faith but most of us knew solving such an issue is difficult at best over the net. There were several people including me that refered to an instructor or in my case a trained eye. This board is an equal participation of thoughts and views. No one has all the answers, if you do then I guess the rest of us need not be here.
Here is another quote you made to popcorn,

[ QUOTE ]
Your running down my playing abilities sir, is very bad, very uncalled for, very sad.
<hr /></blockquote>

Now just possibly you see how everyone else feels when you make a comment like this one below. You include everyone so how are we to respond? At this point no one since your last flare up had made any comments about you. You keep your mouth closed about people you have no idea how well they play including me. In turn you'll get your respect. It's up to you sir the ball is in your court.

[ QUOTE ]
tO: jAYCEE, YOU ASKED FOR HELP FROM THE BOARD TO SOLVE YOUR STROKE PROBLEM, What you have on this board is this, everyone is a expert, everyone knows everything, everyone has a free opinion, everyone mostly are amateurs who cant run 3 balls, and all of them gave you all of this wonderful advice, free, that did nothing to solve your problem.

This proves two points, these people don't know squat, and you can't learn to play pool out of a book, or off of a CCB board. When you followed my advice, and got with a professional instructor, who is trained to spot &amp; locate, diagnose, and solve your problems, your problem was solved within 30 minutes.

There is a message here, dont solve your pool problems with amateur know it alls, take your pool problems to experts, who you will pay a fair price, to solve your problems, and take you to the next level. If you think you are going to get there listening to these bozo so called experts on this board, I have some land to sell you in Florida real cheap. These people could not help two Polaks trying to install a light bulb....
When is doubt, ask a pro, don't ask a bozo. The bozo's on the board, should give up trying to teach, &amp; stay with gossip, always do something you are good at.

Fast Larry www.fastlarrypool.com (http://www.fastlarrypool.com) VENI, VIDI, VICI....

<hr /></blockquote>

04-06-2003, 12:57 PM
Dear Rod, this is not the first time this person has posted a vicious slam against me. I see you have learned to cut &amp; paste, now why don't you give me equal time, and go cut &amp; paste all of the ugly attacks your pals made against me, that promped those replies, this has been a two way thing, and you are only reporting half of the thing, and slanting what has acually happened, and taking things out of text.
Read your own post, and your cut &amp; paste, why dont you guys just leave me alone, and go pick on somebody new. Fast Larry Guninger.

04-06-2003, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
dont you guys just leave me alone, and go pick on somebody new. Fast Larry Guninger. <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif careful I am new and fragile /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sid_Vicious
04-06-2003, 01:11 PM
Larry,

Howz 'bout a fresh start? Nobody can rewind the clock and evaporate all of the slams from either side, no matter WHO started what. So, let's start from here and when we write a reply, let's everyone, you included re-read your own replies prior to posting it, making believe that we are writing it to ourselves. If what you and everyone else writes is personally scritinized for things that we ourselves would find pointed and attacking, then re-written to NOT include this in the final post...then maybe we can all talk pool and not get so bent out of shape, me included. It is my experience here on the CCB that time takes care of this kind of junk, BUT you and everyone else have to put that effort of internalizing what we are writting BEFORE posting. Let's make this a beginning, deal?

Sincerely,
Sid

bluewolf
04-06-2003, 01:18 PM
Yeah. In the beginning, I felt compelled to defend against every insult, whether perceived.ie in my own mind or real, then 'round and round it goes, where it stops nobody knows'.

When I stopped defending myself on ccb, at least most of the time (being human still do occasionally slip), life became much more pleasant.

If not one, but several people are down in the mud, slinging, defending,slinging defending, it reduces the board to a mud contest instead of a pool forum.

just my .02

Laura

jjinfla
04-06-2003, 01:44 PM
Rod, The quotes of Larry you posted all seemed to make a lot of sense to me. To me it seems that all he did was tell the truth. He just wasn't very diplomatic about it. But in our society it is not nice to tell the truth when it offends someone. We must always be nice to the poor unfortunates and not tell them the truth. I was told the other day that a so called know it all was talking to Ray Martin about another player and told Ray that that guy was a pretty good one pocket player. Ray looked at him and said how the hell would you know since you don't play one pocket? A lot of truth in that answer. I suppose that same statement can be made about anyone who doesn't or hasn't played at the professional level but knows all the answers. How can they ever know what it is like to play at the professional level if they themselves haven't attained that level? As for Larry's 3 ball comment, I would probably agree that the majority of people who play in the APA or in the local tournaments around here very seldom do make 3 balls in a row. That's why I can beat them. LOL Jake

Rod
04-06-2003, 01:44 PM
I'd never made the post if you had not called me and everyone else here a Bozo and other names for no good reason. Don't lump all of us into one basket. Sure you got some comments that were out of order. You deal with those people if you care to but never include me in your reply to them and think i'll let it fly.

snipershot
04-06-2003, 02:36 PM
Reading all the replies it is pretty clear how alot of people here feel about Fast Larry and his attitude. He calls everybody bozos and turkey's and then wonders why people dislike him /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Snipershot

Hopster
04-06-2003, 02:37 PM
Larry,

Howz 'bout a fresh start? Nobody can rewind the clock and evaporate all of the slams from either side, no matter WHO started what. So, let's start from here and when we write a reply, let's everyone, you included re-read your own replies prior to posting it, making believe that we are writing it to ourselves. If what you and everyone else writes is personally scritinized for things that we ourselves would find pointed and attacking, then re-written to NOT include this in the final post...then maybe we can all talk pool and not get so bent out of shape, me included. It is my experience here on the CCB that time takes care of this kind of junk, BUT you and everyone else have to put that effort of internalizing what we are writting BEFORE posting. Let's make this a beginning, deal? &lt;---Sid

Hats off to Sid. Thats just whats needed to stop all this baby s### from going on and on.

rackmup
04-06-2003, 03:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sensitive Larry:</font><hr> This vicious post you made, is bad for the board,
<font color="red"> You are bad for the board and have been almost since the very moment your over-inflated ego arrived here. </font color>
bad for pool,
<font color="red"> I truly doubt that my feelings about you are going to diminish the game of pool even slightly. </font color>
bad for me,
<font color="red"> YOU are bad for you. </font color>
and only brings shame on you as a person sir. <font color="red"> Sorry...no guilt or feelings of shame here. </font color>
All I have asked, is for you people to simply leave me alone, and I guess that is asking too much?????? <font color="red"> It would be easier to leave you alone if you would act your age, if you allowed others to share an opinion without you feeling they are attacking you, and lastly...if you would simply go back to where you came from before discovering the CCB.</font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Predator
04-06-2003, 03:24 PM
Amen, Rackmup. Larry does nothing but run his mouth and
degrade others on this board, he needs to shut his mouth. He's just upset, I heard that "Fast Larry" didn't get his nickname from his pool playing abilities. I heard he loves the d1ck !?!?!? But hey, we always knew he was a little funny all along!

snipershot
04-06-2003, 03:27 PM
I'm with you all the way here Rackmup, alot of people seem to feel the same way you and I do.

q4summit
04-06-2003, 04:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Predator:</font><hr> I heard that "Fast Larry" didn't get his nickname from his pool playing abilities. I heard he loves the d1ck !?!?!? But hey, we always knew he was a little funny all along! <hr /></blockquote>

What is that. Its stuff like that which makes me stop comming here to read posts by you guys. I throughly enjoy it here reading what people believe and think. However, I don't enjoy thinking i'm back at highschool dealing with idiots who post like children. That's exactly what your post just was.

Yes, Fast Larry has said some really F'd up things. I've read them and I agree. However, he hasn't made up his achievements and accomplishments, he hasn't lied about his ability to teach and teach well. Fresh Start? I agree you all should give him that and equally he should reread what he posts before posting.

But continuing to insult him and starting a brand new thread to do it is just childish. Grow up. I'm 19 and have more character and respect than anyone who has slammed Larry in this post. I'll go further to say that i'm sure the majority of you are over 19/20 which truly makes me wonder what the world is comming to if adults, like yourselves, act as children. And Fast Larry has a lot to learn about calling people Boozos and whatever else he says that you think hurts/insults you so much that you should respond back like a child. Your grownups, your not 15. Act like it.

Marc

Predator
04-06-2003, 04:59 PM
Ummmmm............ Mind your business, why not get on to Larry about ALL the mean $hit he's said over the time he's been posting on the boards. Is he family ,or something. Maybe it wasn't nice to say what was said, but , I share the opinon of about 95% of the rest of us who don't go around insulting other players. Unless you're his daddy or something, mind your business and quit hugging Larry's nuts! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

bluewolf
04-06-2003, 05:34 PM
Why not just bag it? If someone slams me, slamming them back makes me wrong too.As I have learned from my own past mistakes, no one wins in a flamming contest.

From a song I heard once in a Christian church:
"Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.."

Laura

04-06-2003, 06:20 PM
To: Mr. Sid vicious, of all of the people, to suggest making peace, and make a simple deal to bag this load of crap, I figured you would be the last one. What that proves is you can be wrong about people, I obviously was wrong about you, and maybe, in time, you may realize you might have been a little wrong about me.

You want a deal, you have a deal. Can you enforce it, can you keep these people off of my back? When they come after me, are you going to be sgt at arms, and jump in &amp; shut it down. If you can do that, if you can pull that one off, then I am very impressed with you.

You are correct, this thing has crossed into personl lines &amp; is getting out of hand, something did need to be done. A person had written me a private email last week as asked me not to post cuss words, even if they had vieled codes, like F you, everyone still knows what that means. I gave that person my word I would comply, and I have kept my word on that. Let me now give you my word, from this point on, I will conduct my self like a gentleman, and I will endeavor to make my answers diplomatic, and if attacked, I will simply turn the other cheek, and let you deal with it.

If I violate that deal, I have made with you, I promise to send you a new cue, every time I do, so there, I have put my money, where my mouth is, so you can take that deal to the bank. Give me a call sometime, let's talk, that would be a nice start, communication over a board, can be very cold, and the way a person really is &amp; feels, sometimes can be hidden or not come through.

You are right, the anger, the hurt, is deep on both sides, and for some, this does not heal, for some, they don't forgive or forget, they only hate. Time heals a lot of wounds, and Budda said, hatred is only ended by love, so you all continue to hate me if you choose to, and I will now try &amp; follow Budda's advice &amp; love you, I believe Jesus 700 years later, had about the same message. If somebody has to suck it in &amp; take the first step here, then let it be me....
Marc, Laura, Hopster, and others have asked me to do this, including Tom in Ny, so for them, because I respect &amp; have great affection for these people, I will follow this new path, and stay on that path.
Dear Predator newbie, no sir I don't like Dick, I like ladies, I love ladies, always have, always will. You don't like people hugging my nuts, sir, if you have a personal problem with my balls, my phone number is listed, call me up &amp; yell &amp; scream at me, if that will make you feel better, the message being given here, is this type of thing, is not good for the board, people are tired of reading it, and the youth who tune in, must think we, or me, or some of us, and a band of loney tunes.

To: Laura, quote, let there be peace on earth &amp; let it begin with me, there can never be peace on earth until the 2nd coming, and there can never be peace on this board, but there can be peace in Fast, I will try to restore my Wa, and become more respectful, just for you.

To: Mr. Snipershot, calling every one bozo's &amp; turkeys, I meant that at some, but never at everyone, I have friends on this board, and active students. Let this be a simple blanket apology, so I don't have to go down through the ranks one by one, since it appears I did not miss hardly any one, I am sorry, I apologize, for the many things I have said, that I now regret, try &amp; accept this sincere apology, and for those of you who cant, &amp; won't, that's Ok too, I understand, this is my fault you feel this way not, not your fault.

Dear Mr. Rackup up, peace to you sir, to Mr. Predator, ditto. My personal minister, who is also one of my students, and on the board, has also counceled peace. How did this ever get this crazy? All the things said about me are probably true, the only thing you all missed was calling me a idiot, and I admit to being that also.
"Fast Larry" Guninger

bluewolf
04-06-2003, 06:29 PM
What a nice post Larry and very touching. I do have one question.

Can I have the schuyler cue? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Laura

Hopster
04-06-2003, 06:45 PM
Tap, Tap, Tap.

Sid_Vicious
04-06-2003, 07:00 PM
Larry,

I'd like to simply think that we all got off to a bad start and now a new a beginning. It's a little sobering personally to find that I was taken as an enemy, I apologize for anything I have done to steer that idea into this a perception. A truce on all fronts, given time will solve all of this.

Let's make "pool talk", not "fool talk", everyone. Thanks...sid

NH_Steve
04-06-2003, 07:36 PM
Get over it rackmup... It's a public forum, not a private club. Fastlarry is entertaining in his own way &amp; you obviously think you are in your own way /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif There's plenty of bandwidth for both, and your slamming is totally uncalled for, IMO.

eg8r
04-06-2003, 08:08 PM
Predator, I think you should ask permission to use this monicker when talking like some child and somehow associating a reputable company with your colorful language. You seem to be worse right now any of what Larry has done here.

[ QUOTE ]
I heard he loves... (The rest of the post was edited out) <hr /></blockquote> No matter what your problem is with Larry, I think you need to apologize to him. This is no place for you to flush you potty mouth.

eg8r

eg8r
04-06-2003, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Let's make "pool talk", not "fool talk", everyone. <hr /></blockquote> I love a good poet. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

JohnnyP
04-06-2003, 08:14 PM
Wow. Nice shot. Tap tap tap.

Popcorn
04-06-2003, 09:59 PM
I have always been told the secret of any relationship is to never say something so bad it can never be taken back. I don't think anyone here has crossed that line and forgetting all and moving on should be no problem. There are certainly more important things going on in the world to be doing this silly stuff. Rack um, I think it is my break.

Rod
04-06-2003, 10:53 PM
Well Fast I called you an idiot so nothing was left out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I accept you apology and offer mine in return. Lets move on, making peace is better for all of us.

~~~ rod, smokem big peace pipe with brothers &amp; sisters

bigbro6060
04-07-2003, 12:20 AM
I've always enjoyed Fast Larry's posts, to me he is entertainment plus.

It was this post which i think 'validated' Larry

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=61461&amp;Forum=ccb &amp;#Post61461

Here's an except from Fran Crimi -

"Now that I know who Fast Larry is, I'd like to share what I know about him.

I have to say that I honestly don't know anyone who loves the game more than Larry does. He can give me the 6 and the breaks when it comes to enthusiasm for the game.

Yep. He's the real deal. I only wish I could do half the things on a pool table that he can and he's forever inventing new shots. How many of us actually "invent" shots?

The thing that always struck me about Larry every time I ran into him was his enthusiasm. I never viewed that as ego, but rather a person set on pushing himself to the limits to see what he can achieve, and when he achieves it, being proud of his accomplishment.

Yes, that little book he mentioned is real. He showed it to me once and I mentioned that I really wanted one. He was kind enough to let me have an extra copy. I'm not going to talk about it. That's for Larry to do if he wants to. I will say one thing. It's really good.

I don't know about his World Records but if he says it's so, I would believe him because I have no reason not to.

I'm sure those of you who visit with him in Valley Forge will really enjoy his show.

I think Larry's a really nice guy but I'm pissed as all hell that he never introduced me to Wonder Dog. "

Now Larry mate, you do definitely sometime get a bit rude and offensive, there's no doubt about it. I'm an easy going Aussie, i can handle it, but others do get their knickers in a twist and in many cases, justifiably so

so please chill a bit , have a beer on me and please stay around /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bluewolf
04-07-2003, 04:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigbro6060:</font><hr> Here's an except from Fran Crimi -

"Now that I know who Fast Larry is, I'd like to share what I know about him.

I only wish I could do half the things on a pool table that he can and he's forever inventing new shots. How many of us actually "invent" shots?

<hr /></blockquote>

After having Larry in my home, I can personally attest to his entertainment value. Some of the things which come off as abrasive here come across in person as humourous. That is the way email is. No facial expressions, body language etc and some are better than others at expressing what they really think or feel in writing.

Both Ray and I thought he was a very good teacher. Ray stated that when Larry demonstrated a technique, he told you the 'whys', which is a very good thing. I have not been around pool nearly as long as Ray, but he was impressed with his knowlege.

I have to be honest. Larry arrived at our home in time for dinner and he talked and taught us into the wee hours of the morning. Talk about a 'night owl'. I had been suffering severe fatigue due to some physical problems, so the last couple of hours was standing against the wall to keep from falling down /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gifwhile Larry and Ray continued. So the next day I asked him to redemonstrate a couple of his techniques so that we could video. Even though he was planning on leaving early so that he could complete his 11 hour drive back home at a decent hour,he stayed and taught us for 3 more hours, putting him home at 1am. Gosh, I felt terrible, we were talking about 30 minutes /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I think that people here will find out about Larry, in spite of his quirks, is that, he does value true friendship and he does believe in the bartering system, and when someone has done something nice for him, he always does something nice in return, usually way in excess of what the person did for him.

I am glad that everyone is agreeing to get along. It is so hurtful, I have found the hard way, when all these flames are going on and you see your friends going at each other. It has happened before and it will happen again but hopefully we will have a period of peace and pool talk for a good length of time.

Laura

bigbro6060
04-07-2003, 05:42 AM
Laura babe, you are very very lucky to have had personal lessons from both Fast Larry and Scott Lee ! I'm very jealous

to me that would be like being taught how to be a superhero but both Superman and Batman /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bluewolf
04-07-2003, 06:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigbro6060:</font><hr> Laura babe, you are very very lucky to have had personal lessons from both Fast Larry and Scott Lee ! I'm very jealous

to me that would be like being taught how to be a superhero but both Superman and Batman /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

You are right!!! And unless plans have changed, Larry will be back soon hint hint,scott is talking about a trip to va in sept and I get a FREE pool school refresher from Randy G when he comes back.

They are each wonderful instructors with their own styles.

Gosh between all of this great instruction and hard work, I am bound to benefit. In spite of the fact that I was quite ill from nov through march, I have improved a lot, which considering I was lucky at times to drag myself to the table for an hour a day and on bad days, just knock in a couple of racks, I have to say that that supurb instruction made a HUGE difference.

BTW- shoot, if I were a quality instructor and you offered me a trip to australia all expenses paid, I would leap at the chance to see your beautiful neck of the woods.

See bigbro,you gotta be like Hawaiian Fantasy and get creative. Where there is a will, there is a way!!!

Laura

jjinfla
04-07-2003, 07:59 AM
After reading Larry's post about Jake the Wonder Dog I only have one question. Was the bloodhound the papa? Or was the Great Dane the Papa? Actually two questions - How? Jake

bluewolf
04-07-2003, 10:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> After reading Larry's post about Jake the Wonder Dog I only have one question. Was the bloodhound the papa? Or was the Great Dane the Papa? Actually two questions - How? Jake <hr /></blockquote>

I think more of him is german shepherd than the other two breeds.

You should have seen him when I walked out to Larry's car with my alpha boy, my alaskan malamute. Jake was carrying on something fierce until I used the 'voice'. Larry had his mouth hanging open and Jake shut up. I did not have to tell Jake to shutup again for the whole night, but I did have to tell my mal to shut up a few times.

Then there is my sibe, well we had to keep her on a leash because she seemed to want to play, but in reality may have been playing a variation of the game 'let's you and him fight'. There were no fights that night. In our house there is a strictly enforced 'no fight' rule although lots of other doggie nonsense is allowed. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Laura

04-07-2003, 03:35 PM
Dear Laura, it was nice to visit your home, but I am not Jake, I am Max. Your boy, the big Malamut was awesome, he did not want me coming in, and he herded me around like a sheepdog, the boss bitch, wanted a piece of me, and was about to give it a go, since she figured she was backed by the big boy. Jake is WDI, the giant beagle, I am WWII, the giant german shepherd.
To: Janitta, to answer the question about my daddie, Fast told me he created me by plan, that he first created my daddie, by coming up with a father who was half great dane &amp; half blood hound, he then gave the father away who I am told was hugh, l50 lbs, and as tall as a Dane, to live out his life on his farm, guarding the grounds, so he has the life of Riley now. He only has to worry about the chickens getting loose. Fast wanted a show dog to be very friendly, safe, one that would never bite, or cause a problem, and he said that the two most gentle, were Danes &amp; bloodhounds. Fast said you can tell a real southern red neck by, if his front porch collapses, and it kills at least 6 bloodhounds, this is a real red neck....
Fast wanted to be able to do a show, or teach for two hours, and he wanted a dog to crawl under the table &amp; go to sleep, and leave him alone. He could not have a hyper dog. Nothing lays around comotose more than bloodhounds or Danes. Then Fast found my mommie, a small pure breed German Shepherd, she was 65 lbs. Fast told me she was a champion at frisbee chatching, and had won 35 competitions in a row, she would carry around large logs in her mouth. When I was born, there were 8 of us, I was the only Blond, another male was pure white, both of us were males, the rest of the litter were mostly females, and all had german shepherd markings. The other 6, were given away around the neighborhood, all were escape artists, all were incorigible, nobody could deal with them, and all 6 ended up in the pound, I am told, and it is just a rumor, I don't want to even think about, but I hear, when you go in there, you dont come back out?
When I was a puppy, I am told I ate their entire house, ate the sofa's, the end tables, destroyed the living room, but
Fast never gave up on me, and when I grew up, I became a perfect Dog, and have not had a problem since. Fast was very upset at seeing the entire litter hit the pound, except me &amp; my white brother, so he broke the mold, so I could not be recreated again, by retiring my Daddie to his farm. My White Brother, grew up to become very mean, Fast said, even my Momma was very mean, she bit 3 of her nursing puppies so bad, they had to go to the vet to get stitches. When I was 3 months old, my Momma got out &amp; came by to see me, Fast let her in the back yard, I tried to play with her, and she bit me so bad, I had to have stitches. Fast said, this thing is just too weird, I will never do this one again.
Fast gave the Momma away, and they moved out of the state, with my white brother. That is the story.
Wonder Dog, Max......

bluewolf
04-07-2003, 04:27 PM
Of course I remember you Max, I just accidentally swapped names.

I do remember that Rocky did not want you here, but remember, the next morning he was okay with you. It is just that since you are not part of his pack, it takes a little adjustment time for him. I have known some people who said that their pack took THREE MONTHS to accept a new dog. I know it was uncomfortable for you but you gotta admit, Ms 'sassy pants' siberian B was the one stirring things up. We do hope you come back to visit though and we can go do some doggy fun stuff.

Such a sad story about your siblings. It is true what you say about dogs not coming out of the pound, but it is not true of all pounds. There are these places called 'no kill shelters' where the pups stay until they have a good home. And then there are people like me who are into 'rescue'. We go into pounds and get dogs and find a nice place for them to stay until their forever mom or dad can be found. These people are very picky too about finding just the right doggie parent. Then there are lucky dogs that people looking for a special dog adopt from there. Remember the little black guy, I adopted him from SPCA when he was only three pounds.

Your dad did not think he was as smart as my siberian, but well you can never tell. Rocky(mal) opens all the cabinets and doors and gets all the kool stuff off the counter and the kitties help the mischief too of rocky and paris by knocking it off even higher places. Paris(sibe) gets into whatever mischief she can find and she is the only one who watches tv. Jasper, the mix, is awfully laid back but he is the only one who can spell. There are certain words we have to spell backwards when he is around...and now he is teaching Paris to spell too groan.

We are definately in the 'dawg house' but love every minute of it./ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Laura

jjinfla
04-07-2003, 04:51 PM
My head hurts trying to keep all these facts straight. Tell Max that not all dogs who go into a pound never come out. We got a nice little Wheaton Terrier (at least that is what he looks like - just like Benji from the movie)from the local pound. He likes to go to the local dog park here and visit and run with all the other dogs there. But, unfortunately he usually gets into a growling match with one of them and if he doesn't start behaving he might get banned from there. I have to convince him that he shouldn't try to mount all the other dogs - some get mad. My wife watches the Animal Planet on cable and not too long ago they were showing a dog on a pool table sinking balls. Pushing them in with his nose, or to the side with his paws, or between his back legs. Could he be related to Max?

rackmup
04-07-2003, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
your slamming is totally uncalled for <hr /></blockquote>

Easy big fella...you call it "slamming", I called it my opinion (see two-cents worth).

Regards,

Ken

9 Ball Girl
04-07-2003, 08:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Well Fast I called you an idiot so nothing was left out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I accept you apology and offer mine in return. Lets move on, making peace is better for all of us.

~~~ rod, smokem big peace pipe with brothers &amp; sisters <hr /></blockquote>

Now, that's what I'm talking about! Breath in, Breath out. In with the good, Out with the bad. http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/acclaim.gif

The CCB has to go from this http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/1037718783.gif to this http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/1040775674.gif. Ok, maybe not that but at least this http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/edoom/Peace!.gif

Wendy~~~there's a war going on right now. We don't need another one in here. Rod, pass that pipe on over this way...

04-07-2003, 09:43 PM
To Janitta, the poodle you saw was on the prime time show pet star, he drew lower scores than we pulled, we filmed on the premier show, he came on several weeks later.
We also appreared on the premier of the Ripley's show, the poodle also came on 3 months later. The dog just flails balls thru his back paws, and when he pots a ball it is by accident, I don't get it, but others think it is cute, so I guess that is all that matters. Wonder Dog/....Jake I, I was the one who went to Hollywood to play pool for the 25 grand. They have asked Max, WDII to come back out for a 2nd appearance, but our master, lost the west coast tour &amp; does not want to go out there, so it looks like that one is a bust.

04-07-2003, 09:50 PM
How wise of you beautiful 9 ball girl, in the scope of all of this, none of this is worth fighting over, when you compare what our brave young soldiers are fighting over, life &amp; death. Max &amp; I were at Ft Stewart, and we sent off the main strike force to war, they left with a smile, and a pat on Max's green beret. Every one who dies, I saw his smile,I saw his facewhen he left me, and a piece of me dies with him too.
At VF, I put Max in his full military uniform, I dress him in when we entertain the troops, I hope some of you saw that, and I wear a picture of the American flag on my back, so you know where I stand on this issue, don't even go there with me. Fast Larry

Rod
04-07-2003, 09:54 PM
Well apparently there are some keeping this alive, not me.

~~ rod passes the pipe to Wendy, it's some good $hit! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif