PDA

View Full Version : Lesson with Scott and other musings

MikeM
04-06-2003, 01:48 PM
I finally got the chance to take a lesson with Scott Lee the Monday after Valley Forge. I'm very glad I did. Scott's got a great way of teaching and I really enjoyed his company too. We went through his fundamental two hour lesson, which really focuses on perfecting the stroke. I like the structure of the lesson and the way it builds one element on top of the next. After the tape was full Scott kept going and showing me all kinds of tips, including my first applied lesson on the diamond system. I'd never really tried to use the diamonds thinking that was beyond my abilities at present. Now the first thing I do on a new table is work out the three rail bank from all four corners - totally cool! All told Scott spent well over four hours with me. Well worth the time (and no he isn't paying me to say any of this!) I did replace his old worn out CCB keychain with a new one.

I believe with Deeman's in the mail that I've caught up with keychain orders. I was way behind in getting the last batch out and I missed a couple. I've still got some left so if anyone else wants a CCB keychain, PM me.

Wes K and I spent a couple of hours in Valley Forge on Saturday. We headed off to AC before we had a chance to talk with many CCBers. We did finally get to meet Barbara. I wish we had come back for some nuts before we left! We missed the big showdown between Eric and Fast Larry. I really, really would have liked to have seen that, but oh well. We saw Lester and Thierry Layani but that was about it. Sorry we missed the NY contingent. I would have liked to have seen Wendy again and met Tom in Brooklyn. Maybe in VA beach?

Work is letting up a bit so maybe I'll get a chance to totally catch up on the CCB and contribute a bit more.

MM

Scott Lee
04-06-2003, 06:45 PM
Thanks, Mike! I really enjoyed working with you too!...and it was nice to meet Wes, as well! Very cool poolroom you play out of! I guess I'm gonna have to make a serious attempt to come to VA in Sept. LOL Afterall, everybody ELSE will be there! BTW, I presume you got your copy of the tape okay?

Scott

04-06-2003, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess I'm gonna have to make a serious attempt to come to VA in Sept <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="red"> Hawaii in October </font color>

SpiderMan
04-07-2003, 12:18 AM
OK Scott, that's a cute graphic, but didn't you correct me when I introduced you to my friends as a "Trick Shot Artist"? Help me get the story straight before you get here later this month !!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

BTW, I'm buying your dinner again, if we get the chance.

SpiderMan

bluewolf
04-07-2003, 05:06 AM
Gosh, Scott, you know you have a very special place in my heart. You literally taught me how to hold a cue correctly, how to make a bridge and how to stroke the cue. In our last visit together, I was glad that you were pleased with my improvement.

To those who do not know scott, he is not only a very good teacher, he is very friendly and puts a person at ease.

I am sooo glad you are coming to virginia. What part? If I know far enough ahead, maybe I can drum up some business for you /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Laura

SPetty
04-07-2003, 08:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> BTW, I'm buying your dinner again, if we get the chance.<hr /></blockquote>Are you going to invite any of your other pool-playing buddies to tag along?

MikeM
04-07-2003, 10:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> BTW, I presume you got your copy of the tape okay?

Scott <hr /></blockquote>

Got it Friday Scott.

MM

Barbara
04-07-2003, 10:18 AM
I was waiting for you guys to come back!! I had two bags ready for you and WesK!!

Barbara /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bell
04-07-2003, 07:54 PM
Oooomygod. Scott did you see (of course you did) the post from HF. Hawaii in October?. I am totally in love with the mo-bettah da kine wahini despite the fact she is married to some lucky dude. And now it looks like the handsome and famous Scott will go to the big island and really meet the girl of my ccb dreams. If only it could be me....a way-over-the-hill cant-run-three-balls wannabe. You carry the banner of the mainland Scott. All we want is a full disclosure. Did you get the lei gretting? Get your fingers in a little poi? Did you happen to meet Hawaiin Brian? Give him a lesson. October is a long way off but this is a major event. I am sending a copy of this to CNN in Atlanta and I know they will be setting up a crew to cover the event. Please do not hog the video footage because all I want to see is HF.
Aloha.

eg8r
04-07-2003, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If only it could be me....a way-over-the-hill cant-run-three-balls wannabe. You carry the banner of the mainland Scott. All we want is a full disclosure. Did you get the lei gretting? Get your fingers in a little poi? <hr /></blockquote> Are you in fourth grade? If it could only be you? Ha, if you only had a chance. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

eg8r

bluewolf
04-07-2003, 09:02 PM
Hey HF seems to be a great and fine person on top of all of that surface stuff you guys refer to. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Personally, I would leap at the chance to go to Australia and meet bigbro. Too bad I don't have the pool credentials necessary to swing such a deal. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Laura

04-07-2003, 09:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bell:</font><hr> Oooomygod. Scott did you see (of course you did) the post from HF. Hawaii in October?. I am totally in love with the mo-bettah da kine wahini despite the fact she is married to some lucky dude. And now it looks like the handsome and famous Scott will go to the big island and really meet the girl of my ccb dreams. If only it could be me....a way-over-the-hill cant-run-three-balls wannabe. You carry the banner of the mainland Scott. All we want is a full disclosure. Did you get the lei gretting? Get your fingers in a little poi? Did you happen to meet Hawaiin Brian? Give him a lesson. October is a long way off but this is a major event. I am sending a copy of this to CNN in Atlanta and I know they will be setting up a crew to cover the event. Please do not hog the video footage because all I want to see is HF.
Aloha. <hr /></blockquote>

LMFAO! omg don't alert the press just yet. I am still counting my buttons to see how much his ticket will cost :P and no poi dipping here sorry, *check profile* /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif Strictly professional and friendly level

Vagabond
04-08-2003, 04:59 AM
to just remind u.Cheers
Vagabond

bluewolf
04-08-2003, 05:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Hawaiian Fantasy:</font><hr>
LMFAO! omg don't alert the press just yet. I am still counting my buttons to see how much his ticket will cost :P and no poi dipping here sorry, *check profile* /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif Strictly professional and friendly level <hr /></blockquote>

Of course we know that. I am pretty intuitive, 85% of the time correct.You are a fine lady who is absolutely devoted to your family and Scott is a fine man, who is professional and has high morals.

Laura

04-08-2003, 05:10 AM
hehehe I was answering two posts in one breath. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif thank you for your repsect /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I think you are the coolest /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif