PDA

View Full Version : Joss Tour - Corr

Fred Agnir
04-07-2003, 06:44 AM
I watched a little Joss Tour action this weekend. There wasn't the huge turn out as usual, but Santos, Zuglan, and Rempe were there along with the usual Northeast suspects. I watch Karen Corr beat Santos on the hill, after Santos hung the 9-ball on the snap and was unable to convert the odd-lying combo. I won't show the rest, but this is how the 2-9 lay, and what he shot:

START(
%BQ8H4%IE7E1%Pr8P4%UN2D6%VR4G2%WS9H6%Xq7P8%YG7E5%Z K0C6%[E0I0
%\Q5H3%]k9H0%^D2H6%eA6a3%_C8Z4%`E8N7%aG2F1
)END

The tables were tight Diamonds, so the combo was tough, especially from that distance. I think he was playing two ways, but he ended up scratching, giving Karen the runout.

Zuglan was rumored to be a little ill. On Saturday, I watched him play Vt.'s Dave Fernandez (the nicest pool player I've ever met). Zuglan kept running balls, never missing when I was watching. He must have been missing when I wasn't watching cuz next thing you know, he's in the loser's bracket, and Dave is on to the next match.

In a very interesting sweater's dream, Zuglan faced Julie Kelly in the loser's side, while Dave Fernandez got Karen on the winner's. Julie showed some great heart, while Zuglan showed some ill-effects as he dogged four easy (and I mean eeeezzzzy) balls losing 9-7. Mike was up 7-4 or there's abouts.

Karen and Dave, no contest. Karen rolled over the man who rolled over the man. At that point, with Santos in the loser's and Zuglan out, Karen looked to have the best shot at winning her first Joss Tour event, but Jim Rempe, Larry Lisciotti, and the rest of the New England crew that braved the nasty weather were still in it.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the final day, but... Azbilliards: http://www.azbilliards.com/. She had a hell of a Sunday.

Fred <~~~ congrats to Karen

Predator314
04-07-2003, 02:50 PM
Corr and Fisher need more competition. I'm tired of watching these two on TV every week. Give me some fresh meat /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif