PDA

View Full Version : Practice.

04-07-2003, 07:21 AM
I just got my new home table, an 8ft Connelly. My playing time has always been on a bar table and there is quite a big difference between the two..Can someone give me some ideas on how to practice and if it is possible how to make practice fun...Jerry in Minnesota.

bluewolf
04-07-2003, 07:37 AM
Play fargo. Get Target if you can find it on ebay.

A lot of other people here I am sure have great drills, but as a beginner I keep it simple. I shoot racks and play the ghost slowwwly, paying attention on each shot to things like stroke,stance etc, playing around a little with shape but basically putting time on the table. If a particular shot is giving me difficulty, I do drill that, by setting up a bunch of those shots. I also do up and down the table shots so that I can see if I am stroking straight and to develop cb speed finess and so that I can win the lag, since most people in my league do not practice this. I essentially made up my own drill for this adding onto what I got from scott and randy g

I do practice some everyday but do not do the same thing everyday. I do not tolerate repetition too well so most of the drills things including target, I try to hit on twice a week and that way for me is more fun.

Scott and FAST LARRY have also given me some drills as did Randy g in pool school which are fast,simple and fun. But, I wont give away their 'secrets', will let them do that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Laura

04-07-2003, 02:28 PM
Hi, I also have a 8' Connelly, its great. There's tons of practice drills and games and just type it in the CCB search funtion and you should find plenty.

04-07-2003, 03:44 PM
http://www.tableskills.com/

This is a nice website for some very basic practice drills.
Though a lot of them look simple, they have really improved my game. My favorite is shooting balls into the side pocket from the cue-ball being in the jaws of a corner pocket (Cue- Ball Control Drill 7).

Mike