PDA

View Full Version : Jake defends Fast Larry ?

Wally_in_Cincy
04-07-2003, 08:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> Rod, The quotes of Larry you posted all seemed to make a lot of sense to me. To me it seems that all he did was tell the truth. He just wasn't very diplomatic about it. But in our society it is not nice to tell the truth when it offends someone. We must always be nice to the poor unfortunates and not tell them the truth. I was told the other day that a so called know it all was talking to Ray Martin about another player and told Ray that that guy was a pretty good one pocket player. Ray looked at him and said how the hell would you know since you don't play one pocket? A lot of truth in that answer. I suppose that same statement can be made about anyone who doesn't or hasn't played at the professional level but knows all the answers. How can they ever know what it is like to play at the professional level if they themselves haven't attained that level? <font color="red"> As for Larry's 3 ball comment, I would probably agree that the majority of people who play in the APA or in the local tournaments around here very seldom do make 3 balls in a row. </font color> That's why I can beat them. LOL Jake <hr /></blockquote>

The part in red is what bothered me. Larry was referring to the folks on the CCB. I'm probably the second worst player on this board and even I can run a table if the balls are open a little bit.

eg8r
04-07-2003, 08:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The part in red is what bothered me. Larry was referring to the folks on the CCB. I'm probably the second
worst player on this board and even I can run a table if the balls are open a little bit. <hr /></blockquote> Who is the worst player on the board? Or do you just not want to be the worst and are hoping someone else will step up and take the position. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r &lt;~~I am not the worst here but I might give Wally a run for being second worst. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Voodoo Daddy
04-07-2003, 09:15 AM
I gotta be the worst player on the board. Ah hell, I'll try Larry some...of course my bro Eric would have to be there....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

bluewolf
04-07-2003, 09:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> <hr /></blockquote> Who is the worst player on the board? Or do you just not want to be the worst and are hoping someone else will step up and take the position. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r &lt;~~I am not the worst here but I might give Wally a run for being second worst. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Since I have never run a table an just a few times in matches ran 5,that may be me. I run 3 more often, but then I am talking about the easy ones. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Laura

bluewolf
04-07-2003, 09:51 AM
Same thing on Fargo. Usually 3 balls, occasionally 4 or 5. The 4s and 5s cancel out the times I really screw up. That is why I have a three. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Laura

TomBrooklyn
04-07-2003, 10:44 AM
Sometimes when someone says something to me that is so outrageous, so false, that my response is to burst out in genuine laughter. Sometimes the person who made the statement laughs with me, because they instantly realize I know what they said is not true, and that I know they know it too, and that anyone would know it, and it becomes a joke.

The more outrageous the statement the better the laugh. I don't generally engage in serious debate or take offense at a patently silly proposition.

Ridentem dicere verum quid vetat.
(What prevents me from speaking the truth with a smile?)

DSAPOLIS
04-07-2003, 10:51 AM
Larry also referred to me as someone "who can only run 4 balls". I have documented 100+ runs in competition, a personal high run of 161, and a 111 high run in 14.1 competition. When a person makes a baseless statement (and Larry has made a lot of baseless comments) he removes himself from the list of people that are defendable by others. If he chooses to talk out of his rear end, let him defend his own ridiculous statements. Until he changes his attitude, his comments will be nothing more than entertainment value to those of us who sit and laugh our butts off at his posts.

Kato
04-07-2003, 11:02 AM
I concur. Voodoo is horrible. But alas he's wrong. He's not as horrible as me.

Kato~~~slugging it out with Wally and Eg as "2nd worst on the board"

nAz
04-07-2003, 11:05 AM
4 balls? sheeit i was told that i could'nt run more then 2 ball when in fact i could run better then three! err with BIH that is /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

04-07-2003, 11:35 AM
It was a horrible stupid ignorant thing to say. I am sorry I said it, and I regret it, there are many outstanding A &amp; AA players on this board who can run racks, and almost every single person on this board can run 3 balls. I was being slandered badly, my wife, my family, my name, my reputation was being hit with planted untrue lies, people were actually believing, the damage to me has been horrendous, my entire west coast trip has been cancelled, I have been fired from a major sponsor, because they believed I am the whoremonger who knocks up ladies &amp; refuses to pay child support, this thread was removed, but my enemies are using this stuff to destroy me with. My rebutal that I have been married to my wife for 20 years, have been faithful to her for 20 yrs, and had a vascetomy, so the charge is a joke, was ignored by my enemies, who only passed on the false accusation, and decided to not pass on my side of it. If I acted like I was angry, I was. I have apologized, please don't make me keep doing this, once should be enough, to those who I hurt with this stupid insensitive comment, all I can say, is I am sorry, I cant say anything else, but to say I sincerely mean this. Fast Larry Guninger

jjinfla
04-07-2003, 05:33 PM
Hi Larry, You don't have to apologize to anyone. Especially to all those thin skinned, pansy crybabies on this board, pretending that they were all personally attacked by you. Utter nonsense and they know it. As if they are so important that anyone would bother attacking them personally. It's always the same people who get on here and ridicule and flame people for something trivial. I suppose by criticizing someone else they feel they are bigger and more important. Pure bull. My mother died 24 years ago and I am not looking for another one.

04-07-2003, 05:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fast Larry:</font><hr> It was a horrible stupid ignorant thing to say. I am sorry I said it, and I regret it, there are many outstanding A &amp; AA players on this board who can run racks, and almost every single person on this board can run 3 balls. I was being slandered badly, my wife, my family, my name, my reputation was being hit with planted untrue lies, people were actually believing, the damage to me has been horrendous, my entire west coast trip has been cancelled, I have been fired from a major sponsor, because they believed I am the whoremonger who knocks up ladies &amp; refuses to pay child support, this thread was removed, but my enemies are using this stuff to destroy me with. My rebutal that I have been married to my wife for 20 years, have been faithful to her for 20 yrs, and had a vascetomy, so the charge is a joke, was ignored by my enemies, who only passed on the false accusation, and decided to not pass on my side of it. If I acted like I was angry, I was. I have apologized, please don't make me keep doing this, once should be enough, to those who I hurt with this stupid insensitive comment, all I can say, is I am sorry, I cant say anything else, but to say I sincerely mean this. Fast Larry Guninger <hr /></blockquote>

It takes a strong person to admit to ones faults and give a sincere appology. Truly admirable. Sometimes things happen in life to make us realize what we were doing wrong in life...a hard lesson to learn but at least we learned from it.

I wish you many success in your life journey and alays remember, never forget where you came from.

Aloha
Lee

bluewolf
04-07-2003, 06:01 PM
Jake,

You are a genuinely good person. What you said, I would never have the guts to say it that strong. I guess I never looked at it that way. My beginning here was not too different from Larry's in terms of flames exchanged. I felt devastated and kept telling my husband I was going to leave and as a result of my foibles and too sensitive nature we have that infamous 'going away' thread which is in the archives.

I have learned, as much as a person can learn over email, what stuff people are made of: who are genuine nice people I could be friends with, which ones are sarcastic and fronting arrogance to hide fragile egos, which one's are here just for pool and I guess I could go on.

The good part, although it took me months to get this way, is that I rarely take a thing personally that was not intended that way or the person, imo, is not worth wasting head space on.

So there you have it. You were so brave in what you said to the whole board and risking flames. I am still sensitive, though more thick skinned than I was, so choose somewhat gentler approaches.

I choose to like everyone here, even though I do not always like what they say. I do not have to live with all of you or be best friends with all of you to accept you for what you are, wherever on the path to enlightenment you are, and to care for each and every one of you as a human being.

just my .02

Laura

Scott Lee
04-07-2003, 06:06 PM
Ditto, Larry! Nice to see. Welcome to the REAL CCB family!
You'll find there are a lot of articulate, intelligent, skillfull, and friendly people here on the board. I know, as I have met tons of them, all over the country.

As long as you allow everyone the benefit of the doubt on their opinions, you're more than welcome to add yours. I have to say, your last few posts show a real turnabout. Thanks, and keep contributing your stories and information. Those things are appreciated by all of us here.

Scott Lee

rackmup
04-07-2003, 07:35 PM
There...that's the post we were looking for. Something with a "human side", not an attempt at a "super-human side".

I too, apologize for my sharp-tongued opinion. But just know that it is still there, waiting for you to slip up and when you do...

...I want a free cue too! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Blessings to you and your family,

Ken

eg8r
04-07-2003, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I too, apologize for my sharp-tongued opinion. But just know that it is still there, waiting for you to slip up and when you do... <hr /></blockquote> Sounds like an apology you don't mean. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
04-07-2003, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You don't have to apologize to anyone. Especially to all those thin skinned, pansy crybabies on this board, pretending that they were all personally attacked by you. <hr /></blockquote> Maybe I am missing something, but since you said it, would you please show me a quote of another board member using your teminology. I do not remember anyone here saying they were attacked, except Larry. Larry has apologized so have most everyone that have posted something negative towards him.

It is funny, after this giant group hug, you try to relight the fire. What's up. Maybe you are just voicing your opinion, to that I say nice timing.

[ QUOTE ]
My mother died 24 years ago and I am not looking for another one. <hr /></blockquote> No, it looks like you are trying to crawl into her pants. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Lighten up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The board is a little too forgiving, but that is why I like it here. Tough to upset someone forever. This is one of the few boards I have been on where the members really care about the unity of the board.

Enough mushy stuff,

eg8r

04-07-2003, 09:33 PM
Yes sir, I could cut &amp; paste like others have done on me, and I can post many ugly violent things said about me, unfortunately the web master removed most of them, but I have copies of every thing said I printed out, but what purpose would that serve, it is time to put this thing to bed, and that means I must stop, forgive, forget &amp; move on.
If you feel that I have offended you, then all I can do now is apologize, I have apologized on 4 different threads, at least in 6 different places, and that should be enough. It will not be enough for some, they will continue. This I understand, this I accept, I am simply following the wishes of several on the board, to put an end to this thing, and to move to a higher ground, this I am now trying to do.

To those who wish to continue this attack, I realize it is tough to turn off a good soap opera, but try. Allow me to share with you, what a fine American once wrote to the US newspapers, when he was once being called every vile thing I have been called, he was being slandered like I have been, lies about him were planted that were untrue, and his enemies only sought his destruction, which they finally achieved.

A copy of this letter hung over the desk of General Douglas MacArthur during WWII, Winston Churchill had a copy of the walls of his study at Chartwell. Quote”

If I were to try to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for any other business. I do the very best I know how-the very best I can; and I mean to keep on doing so until the end. If the end brings me out all right, then what is said against me won’t matter. If the end brings me out wrong, then ten angles swearing I was right, would make no difference. Abe Lincoln, end of quote…..
My Christian minister, who sometimes posts on this board, sent me the following email &amp; advice, which I will follow. Larry, read the Gospel of Mark, it says of Jesus, and the chief priests accused him of many things, but he answered nothing and Pilate asked him again, saying, answerest thou nothing? Behold how many things they witness against thee, but Jesus yet answered nothing, so that Pilate marveled, Mark 15:3-5. End of email……
Donot reprove the fool, lest he hate you, reprove the wise man and he will love you.
Proverbs 9:8.
Best Wishes, “Fast Larry” Guninger

beerwolf
04-07-2003, 09:45 PM
Gee Larry, now you make me sorry I brought up all that stuff about Bobbijo........Not!!!
BW

CarolNYC
04-08-2003, 03:20 AM
Hi Larry,
I met you at VF, the best to remember is from the Edgar Allan Poe story "The Cast of Amontillado" which is "Nemo me impune lacessit" which is latin for "No one attacks with impunity!
Stay well,
Carol

rackmup
04-08-2003, 04:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like an apology you don't mean <hr /></blockquote>

Shut up.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rackmup
04-08-2003, 04:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No, it looks like you are trying to crawl into her pants. <hr /></blockquote>

Sounds like an Arkansas or South Alabama thing to me.

Just teasing.

Ken

bluewolf
04-08-2003, 05:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Hi Larry,
I met you at VF, the best to remember is from the Edgar Allan Poe story "The Cast of Amontillado" which is "Nemo me impune lacessit" which is latin for "No one attacks with impunity!
Stay well,
Carol <hr /></blockquote>

Gosh Carol, you are so knowledgable and well read, as well as knowing different languages!!! I would not be surprised if you were one of the smartest people here.No kidding!!!

Laura

eg8r
04-08-2003, 06:27 AM
Now now, you know saying shut up is very very mean. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

TomBrooklyn
04-08-2003, 06:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> "Nemo me impune lacessit" which is latin for "No one attacks with impunity!<hr /></blockquote>Veritas Lux Mea

jjinfla
04-08-2003, 07:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font My mother died 24 years ago and I am not looking for another one. <hr /></blockquote> No, it looks like you are trying to crawl into her pants. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Lighten up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gifeg8r <hr /></blockquote>

I think the saying you were referring to would be "trying to return to the womb". You know, somplace nice and cozy and warm before birth? But then maybe not, and you meant what you said. In which case I think you have a very sick mind. Hopefully, someone else will pray for you. Jake

Wally_in_Cincy
04-08-2003, 08:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> Hi Larry, You don't have to apologize to anyone. Especially to all those thin skinned, pansy crybabies on this board, pretending that they were all personally attacked by you. Utter nonsense and they know it. As if they are so important that anyone would bother attacking them personally. It's always the same people who get on here and ridicule and flame people for something trivial. I suppose by criticizing someone else they feel they are bigger and more important....<hr /></blockquote>

OK, who are you and what have you done with the real Jake?

Wally~~can now run four balls and doesn't need an ego boost.

04-08-2003, 08:57 AM
Dear Carol, TU for saying hello &amp; coming up to my booth at the Hopkins, and at the Hopkins, what I did was: VENI, VIDI, VICI..... Fast Larry

04-08-2003, 09:32 AM
Dear Beerwolf, dear sir, there was no bobbi, they could not even spell Bobby correct. Bobbi did not exist, is was a made up frame, planted to slander my name &amp; family.

My wife on a seperate cpu, sent bobbi an email saying she knew where I was and could help, there was no response back. She puts on a wanted poster on the board for me crying for back child support, and when somebody contacts her with the info she is begging for, she hides? I hope this finally proves my point here. We wanted him, the guy to take the bait &amp; respond, so we could then get his cpu IP &amp; trace him.
The thing that was so funny to my wife when she read this was she knows I have had a vascetomy &amp; this was all a lie. If I had not, something this evil, done on purpose, could have had a devasting effect on her or on anyones wife. Put you selves in my shoes, what would you have done, if you had been accused of this on the board. This could have instilled doubt in my wife, and doubt &amp; worry, are not good things to have going on in a marriage.

These people crossed a line of common decency, you dont get personal, you dont attack a person's family or their marriage, that is very very serious. It sounds like some young dumb kid, who is also probably stupid enough to think doing drugs is cool also. Some day he will grow up, and act responsibly.
What was so sad, was so many people immediately bought into this thing, and people are now being told I am a person of bad moral character. Let's examine that one, as a kid I was an alter boy, 4 palm eagle scout, worked for fotune l0 companies, held executive international sales positions, if I had bad moral character, who did I ever achieve these positions? I have been faithful to my wife Sarah for the last 20 years, My wife has no vices, I have no criminal record, not even a traffic ticket, I dont do drugs &amp; never have, the only vice I have is having a few beers in moderation after work is over. Everyone around me including my wife, mother &amp; family, are strict Christians, none of them even drink. I have 3 kids, own a home, plant a garden, go to church, play golf and love to travel. I love to teach &amp; shoot trick shots &amp; entertain. I am a Electronic engineer by trade, I am listed in Who's Who worldwide, I have been a senior member of the association of energy engineers, held officer positions &amp; board ranks in the electronic representatives association, they once turned over their checkbook to me and it had l00 grand in it, would they have trusted me with this, had I been a person of bad character. I have lived at my same address, had the same phone number for the last 20 years. I entertain the military troops all over the SE, I give free lessons all the time to inner city YMCA'S &amp; at Boy's &amp; Girls clubs, and never charge them a dime, because they cant afford to pay a dime.

This bad character slander has been floating around for a long time, and this can get like a snow ball, once it get's rolling down hill, after a while you can't stop it. You got to see how this works recently, another enemy adds on a new component, I am a whoremonger, nobody stops to check it out, or even call or ask me if it's true, they just buy it hook line &amp; sinker, and the snow ball just get's bigger &amp; keeps on rolling down the hill.
I can put this character thing to bed for you, if you really want to know, call me or email me, and I can give you the numbers of the two leading Christian ministers in the game, both of them are my friends, and I am sure, both will vouch for my character. I wont post who they are, becuase I don't want the nut cases on the board going after them. All of this is a lie, what else can I say.
"Fast Larry" Guninger

John in NH
04-08-2003, 09:42 AM
Hi Larry,

Quote Fast Larry:
------------------------------------------------------------
It was a horrible stupid ignorant thing to say. I am sorry I said it, and I regret it, there are many outstanding A &amp; AA players on this board who can run racks, and almost every single person on this board can run 3 balls. I was being slandered badly, my wife, my family, my name, my reputation was being hit with planted untrue lies, people were actually believing, the damage to me has been horrendous, my entire west coast trip has been cancelled, I have been fired from a major sponsor, because they believed I am the whoremonger who knocks up ladies &amp; refuses to pay child support, this thread was removed, but my enemies are using this stuff to destroy me with. My rebutal that I have been married to my wife for 20 years, have been faithful to her for 20 yrs, and had a vascetomy, so the charge is a joke, was ignored by my enemies, who only passed on the false accusation, and decided to not pass on my side of it. If I acted like I was angry, I was. I have apologized, please don't make me keep doing this, once should be enough, to those who I hurt with this stupid insensitive comment, all I can say, is I am sorry, I cant say anything else, but to say I sincerely mean this. Fast Larry Guninger
------------------------------------------------------------

I don't normally read your posts but I had to make an exception in this case, I agree with Lee it takes a strong person to admit their wrong and it's great to hear that you have come to your senses and include me with others who have accepted your apology and let's move on to more meaningful posts in the future.

No one on this board knows everything about pool and I think that everyone on this board has something positive to
contribute, we are fortunate to have knowledgable people such as yourself and others (Fran Crimi, D. Sapolis, Scott, etc.) who are willing to share their knowledge and expertise with us, are willing to listen to us in return without flaming us when our information isn't accurate, but will merely point out our weaknesses.

Sincerely,

John

eg8r
04-08-2003, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the saying you were referring to would be "trying to return to the womb". You know, somplace nice
and cozy and warm before birth? But then maybe not, and you meant what you said. In which case I
think you have a very sick mind. Hopefully, someone else will pray for you. Jake <hr /></blockquote>
Yes you are wrong, that is not the saying I was using. More like you are trying to fill the pants she has left behind. You made mention of the way other people have acted towards Larry and at the same time you associated this with the way your mother acted. Since you said she is gone, and you made your post I simply stated that it seems you are trying to crawl into her pants, meaning now you are the one telling people (Larry) what to do. I also posted a /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif but you did not take that to mean I was joking so I will spell it out. I was joking. I also tried to be clear by posting for you to lighten up. Larry surely does not need a cheerleader and I think that is the direction you have taken. Everyone has said they are sorry and this issue has been put to bed. Then along came your post which in no way would help out the situation, in contrast it might light the flame again.

eg8r

jjinfla
04-09-2003, 04:15 PM
Well egr8 I'm relieved to know that I missunderstood you. Getting into ones pants must be a Texas term, but it does not mean the same as filling ones pants in the mid west, where I am originally from, and I gather that is what it meant in your post. So I was confused when I read that and then tried to realize that you were joking. sorry I came along as trying to inflame - last of my intentions. I just come here to learn and I hate to see people chased away when there is so much I can learn from them. Well, wish me luck, I'm off to the local 8-ball tournament tonight. No mercy - take no prisoners - bring home the cash. Jake

eg8r
04-09-2003, 09:49 PM
Jake, no need to say sorry. I am definitely not the best is expressing emotion. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif As far as a texas slant to the quote, no way buddy, I am a Floridian through and through. LOL, Go Gators, Canes, Magic, Marlins, and Panthers. I missed some but I don't watch those others. LOL One more week and I will be back in Orlando. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif My wife is grinning ear to ear, she hates Texas.

eg8r