PDA

View Full Version : poolhalls at Dallas?

traveler
04-07-2003, 12:09 PM
howdy, folks at Dallas,

Could anyone suggest me some poolhalls at Dallas Area?

I just want to play some pool, so, no smoking, no drinking, No problem.

thanks

addicted traveler

Sid_Vicious
04-07-2003, 12:23 PM
What hours of the day will you be playing pool? Daytime hours has places offering flat rate pool, nightly rates in some venues get's pricey, so if you can generalize where inside the DFW area you'll be staying for the most part, and whether night or day pool is your thing, I'm sure a pool hall will be easy to locate...sid

Michelle
04-07-2003, 12:34 PM
Hawley's Billiards
5621 Alpha Rd.
(two blocks east of the Galleria Mall)
$3.25 flat rate 9 am - 8 pm every day.
11 - 8' and 3 - 9' Brunswick tables, Simonis cloth, decent competition usually available during the day.

And billiardstore.com is right next door! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

traveler
04-07-2003, 01:04 PM
hi, Sid, Michelle,

Thanks for your replys.

Hawley's seems a good place for me.

Sid, I like to play during daytime on weekends and live at Univesity park for now. As a beginner, I need to practic a lot, do you know any other place I can go to check out? Certainly the less expensive, the better and the more "pool-environmental", the better.

thanks again

travler

Sid_Vicious
04-07-2003, 02:43 PM
Hawleys gets loud and smoky in the mid to late afternoon, caters to a yound crowd who thinks cigarettes are for chaining together I guess. I usually promote one of the Clicks places down further around LBJ freeway, at LBJ and Skillman. They have $3 flat rate up until 8PM, 5 nine foot tables and 10 8' tables. The atmosphere is much more on the tame side. Clicks on Kingsley has free pool from 7am - 11am, every day(I believe.)

Besides these, all of the Fox and Hounds, plus Wizards has free pool with the purchase of a lunch. Fox and Hound's tables are REALLY nice! sid

Vagabond
04-07-2003, 06:46 PM
I am not a fan of Clicks, simply because, they are 8foot table promotors and I hate 8 foot tables.Carson`s is an excellant place to with a date.Cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif