PDA

View Full Version : If I were in Houston...

Fred Agnir
04-07-2003, 02:05 PM
... from this Wednesday and through the weekend (April 9th - 13), what pool hall should I see? Other than D&B's. Keep in mind that I will be with some folks that wouldn't mind going to a pool hall, but aren't hard core players.

TIA,

Fred <~~~ will probably hit D&B's

jbullerjr
04-08-2003, 12:19 AM
Bogies on FM 1960 used to be where all the action was.
The last time I got a report about Houston, I heard that it had all moved to Cue and Cushion (don't know the location).

J.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-08-2003, 06:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> ... from this Wednesday and through the weekend (April 9th - 13), what pool hall should I see?...<hr /></blockquote>

Something on the same side of town /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Houston is RFB ,Real freaking big (some areas kinda dangerous too)

Wally~~knows Fred knows that already.

HalSmith
04-08-2003, 07:48 AM
That all depends on what part of Houston your in . I think the Cue and Cushion that is spoke of is on Richmond. If your on the south side of Houston , check out Ledgends in Leauge City about 15 miles south on I-45 Lots of action both 9 ball and one pocket.--Smitty

Fred Agnir
04-08-2003, 08:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote HalSmith:</font><hr> That all depends on what part of Houston your in . <hr /></blockquote>
I'll be staying at the Marriot Medical Center, with most of our activity at Reliant Park.

Fred

Fran Crimi
04-08-2003, 08:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote HalSmith:</font><hr> That all depends on what part of Houston your in . <hr /></blockquote>
I'll be staying at the Marriot Medical Center, with most of our activity at Reliant Park.

Fred <hr /></blockquote>

Now this is way too curious to let go...you're staying at a Medical Center with most of your activity in a park? Reliant Park isn't a real park is it? Who stays in Medical Centers? Why?? I need to know.

Fran

Fred Agnir
04-08-2003, 08:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Now this is way too curious to let go...you're staying at a Medical Center with most of your activity in a park? Reliant Park isn't a real park is it? Who stays in Medical Centers? Why?? I need to know.<hr /></blockquote>
In case I get hurt... /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Actually, Reliant Park I think is the entire Houston Astrodome Sports Center. And the Marriot Medical Center ... odd name, I know. It's the Marriot Hotel across from the Texas Medical Center. I suppose it should be called "Marriot near the Medical Center."

Whatever the case, I'm only concerned with their beds and their Adult Movie Selection...

Fred &lt;~~~ not that I ever watch any of that filth...

Wally_in_Cincy
04-08-2003, 08:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr>

Whatever the case, I'm only concerned with their beds and their Adult Movie Selection...
<hr /></blockquote>

With so many fine gentlemans' clubs in Houston I might go that route, although the movies would be considerably cheaper.

04-08-2003, 09:00 AM
i have no idea why you would enter dave&amp;busters here in search of pool but if it's the bar-hoppin scene you're after then that's a good place to start.

best action is usually at bogeys, way up north on 1960 (the dome is in south hou.) cue &amp; cushion, on shepherd just north of downtown is spotty. legends on 1-45 south in league city is good and will be reasonably close to you. cornbreads on westheimer(seigler) at the west belt (8)is good. if jeremy is in town he's probably there.

dan....welcome.

Fred Agnir
04-08-2003, 09:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote houstondan:</font><hr> i have no idea why you would enter dave&amp;busters here in search of pool ...
<hr /></blockquote>It's the company I keep. They like to play, but they aren't players.

Fred

eg8r
04-08-2003, 09:40 AM
I have only been in a Dave and Busters once, but I must say, they are mighty proud of those tables. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif It was cheaper to eat than pay for table time.

eg8r