PDA

View Full Version : Hypnotism

q4summit
04-07-2003, 10:52 PM
Just saw a Hypnotist. I got to talk to him afterwards about what he does and how I really love pool. We got to talking and he said that about 13 years ago he worked with a few players that actually went on to be touring pros. Most all sports teams use hypnotism one way or another. Curious if any of you have used hypnotism to enhance your game or if you think it would help.

What Dr. Jim Wand said to me was this: After one session I could run a rack 1 handed without using the bridge or the rail. I would be in stroke for quite some time every time I hit the table. He even said he would send me (free of charge) one of his tapes specifically for pool.

Just some thoughts,
Marc

DebraLiStarr
04-08-2003, 01:30 AM
<font color="blue"> </font color>

Several years ago David Sapolis was working with Ryan Elliot who had the "Overcoming Conterosis" tape series. He passed them along to me, and at first I had reservations. I have used the tape series for over a year now and I have actually improved. The trick to it all is that you must use them all of the time. The more you listen to the tapes, the better they work. At first I was a skeptic, but I gave it a try. Judge for yourself, its not for everybody. The best improvement for me is my attitude.

Debra

Vagabond
04-08-2003, 05:19 AM
Wellcome to CCB.
Which pool room u practice in El Paso?I only know Clicks.I am not from texas but I was in every big city in Texas including Paris and Pecos.Cheers
Vagabond
/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

bluewolf
04-08-2003, 05:24 AM
I hope FAST chimes in later about this. I think he has some insightful thinking on this topic. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Laura

DSAPOLIS
04-08-2003, 06:59 AM
As Deb siad, I have used it and it works as good as you work it. BTW - welcome back Deb

04-08-2003, 08:45 AM
Dear Laura, you asked me to chime in, Yes I do, Yes this is all correct. Fast Larry

DebraLiStarr
04-08-2003, 07:07 PM
Vagabond,
Usually I play at the Click's on Airway, or I play the old Blackjack's (Montana Billiards). I've only been here about a year and a half, and before that I was in McKinney (Not too far from Paris, but I wouldn't want to walk it). Yes I am moving to Los Angeles, tentative date is first week of December.

Debra
(Not really a newbie, been here before)

Sid_Vicious
04-08-2003, 07:44 PM
McKinney huh...my home in the country! No PHs here though! sid

Vagabond
04-08-2003, 08:26 PM
Howdy Debra,
I was there in El Passo two weeks ago.I do not plan to go there now.I am in Missisippi.Definitely I should be there before u leave the town.U can teach me about the contenderosis.I will stay in Holiday Inn on Airway.I really want to meet u and want to learn from u.Cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

SRpool
04-08-2003, 10:05 PM
i think every pool player should get hypnotized, it really works. it really helped me focus and not get down on myself. just my two cents.

Sarah Rousey

cycopath
04-08-2003, 11:36 PM
I think I'll stick to lots of practice on the table.

(cycopath worries what someone might find in his head.)

q4summit
04-09-2003, 01:52 AM
LOL

Marc

04-09-2003, 09:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I'll stick to lots of practice on the table.

(cycopath worries what someone might find in his head.) <hr /></blockquote>

I can understand your concern...

Regarding the mental game of pool-

When I know I will miss a shot, I usually miss.
When I know I will make a shot, I usually make it.

It's funny how that works, but what I have learned in the past year is that I should KNOW that I will make every shot I take. If I don't know that I will make it, I stand up, chalk, and reset- until I am ready to make it.

This is probably what has most helped my mental game recently.

How do I know that I will make the shot?

PRACTICE

Mike