PDA

View Full Version : Billiards Highlite on Local KPIX Sportscast !

Photoguy
04-08-2003, 03:50 AM
Wow! A first. Dennis O'Donnell of KPIX, the CBS affiliate here in San Francisco actually had a billiard highlite on his sportscast. Although it was one shot from the old and taped trick shot show that has aired many times on ESPN. That show aired again on Monday. Everynight, Dennis does as many sportscaster do, a "Countdown of the top 5" sports highlites of the day . . . A shot from the ESPN billiard show was included . . . I think it was # 3. Hey, maybe he'll start showing highlites from the WPBA shows . . . any exposure in primetime is better than nothing. Kudos to Dennis.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-09-2003, 11:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Photoguy:</font><hr>.....Everynight, Dennis does as many sportscaster do, a "Countdown of the top 5" sports highlites of the day . . . A shot from the ESPN billiard show was included . . . I think it was # 3. Hey, maybe he'll start showing highlites from the WPBA shows . . . any exposure in primetime is better than nothing. Kudos to Dennis. <hr /></blockquote>

I wish we would see more of this. Any publicity is good publicity.

At least the Black Widow gets on TV a lot...a lot for a pool player that is. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

BTW my favorite sports highlight was on ESPN Sportscenter. It was from the Westminster Kennel Club dog show. Some big fat lady was running her dog around for the judges and she fell right on her face /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif. She recovered well though.