PDA

View Full Version : Tendonitis In Elbow Report

Sid_Vicious
04-08-2003, 03:52 PM
Doc said it was tendentious and to try to not use that arm any more than necessary, YEA RIGHT! Anyway it impacts my pool and my motorcycling, but is seems apparent that to keep agitating it with repetitious activities, which the pendulum action of stroking appears to be to me, will only delay my curing of this ailment. Btw I didn't tell ol' Doc I played pool at all, no sense in tying my own noose! I'll just not play serious pool for a while, and shoot off hand until I get this fixed. A throttle lock for the bike will help in the M-cycling division.

Thanks for all the advice people. I was ready for a slow down anyway...sid~~~finds life pretty good if a little tendentious is all I can complain about

Michelle
04-08-2003, 04:16 PM
Or, you could use this as an excuse to practice ambidextriously! We'd hate to lose you, if even for just a while. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SpiderMan
04-08-2003, 04:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Michelle:</font><hr> Or, you could use this as an excuse to practice ambidextriously! We'd hate to lose you, if even for just a while. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Michelle,

I think that's what he meant when he said he'd shoot off-hand for a while /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan

Rod
04-08-2003, 06:43 PM
Hi Sid,
Well that doesn't sound so bad. If I were you I would have told him I played pool. Sometimes it's better they know and offer a little more advice. I had Tendonitis in my left wrist years ago. So I took it easy on any lifting, Golf etc. A truck driver told me his flared up at times so he took asprin. He said it helped a lot. I took asprin myself and it disappeared within a couple of weeks. No prescriptions here, just telling you a story.

Rod

Sid_Vicious
04-08-2003, 07:27 PM
yea I read where aspirin and or ibuprofen was suggested as an inflamitory. I filled a scrip at WalMarts(dam those guys are slow there) tonight for a better drug, and took one just now. The Dr informed me that tendonitis in the elbow was likely to take 6 weeks to heal, OUCH! Oh well, maybe I'll work another ball or 2 into my spot from the sharks explaining I'm forced to shoot off-hand ;-) sid

Barbara
04-08-2003, 07:33 PM
Sid,

The Docs are right in this case. The only way to heal an inflammation like that is to lay off of it for weeks.

It sucks MAJOR, but that's the way the muscles and tendons heal.

Barbara~~~sending major sympathy your way... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sid_Vicious
04-08-2003, 07:42 PM
Barbara...You think making my sick arm the bridge hand for a while will suffice in "resting it?" Please say yes :-( sid

Barbara
04-08-2003, 07:57 PM
Sweetie,

You have to give your elbow a major rest. Making it your bridge hand doesn't rest it.

Sid Sid Sid....

Barbara~~~and no raising those 6 ouncers, either... put that puppy in a sling and DON'T USE IT!!!

Sid_Vicious
04-08-2003, 08:09 PM
Do I read a maybe in there? ;-) I told the Doc I sat as a PC at work 8-10 hours running a mouse and he barely blinked an eye. I found that contradictory for some reason, for him to be so forgiving about that activity. sid