PDA

View Full Version : Feeling old

04-08-2003, 11:44 PM
knowing that Cher is now ending her career, I feel old.....LOL I remember rushing home from school just to watch Sonny and Cher. And her BEAUTIFUL long hair...ohhh I always told myself I will grow my hair out like hers and I did. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Buh Bye Cher..and thanks for the many years of entertainment /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

04-09-2003, 01:08 AM
Who are Sonny and Cher? lol

School and work have me feeling old. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

bluewolf
04-09-2003, 05:08 AM
HF,

I know what you mean. I am a child of the 60's and remember those times too. I will be 51 this month. My only son turns 30 in August. As you can tell, I had him at a young age, when I did not know what to do. It was like two children together although I did try to be responsible, even quit drinking for awile, thinking I better be sober in case there was an emergency.

I did all kinds of crazy things around age 30 because I thought I was 'old' LOL. Then 40 and 50 did not bother me.

It is funny ,perceptions and all. When I was young 60 was old, 70 was ancient. Now 60 is still middle age and 70 is somewhat elderly, 80 is a little more elderly etc. No one is old anymore. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Laura

Karatemom
04-09-2003, 05:38 AM
I can remember watching Sonny and Cher too and remember hating it went they broke up. But a little off topic, the other day my son and I were talking about music. I mentioned record players and 8 tracks. He said, "What are those?"

Heide

04-09-2003, 12:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> I can remember watching Sonny and Cher too and remember hating it went they broke up. But a little off topic, the other day my son and I were talking about music. I mentioned record players and 8 tracks. He said, "What are those?"

Heide <hr /></blockquote>

8 track!!!!!!!!! hahahahhahah OMFG!!!!!!!!! it's been a while since I seen one! my how time has changed /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod
04-09-2003, 01:03 PM
Ah yes 8 tracks, those things were terrible. Had one in a car and every bump the music went beserk! LOL

SpiderMan
04-09-2003, 02:33 PM
Back in my first childhood I had a '79 corvette with an 8-track. My girlfriend put in that first Blondie tape (Heart of Glass?) and there was this song with a percussion lick that sounded like rapping on coconuts. I thought I had a rod knock and pulled over.

SpiderMan