PDA

View Full Version : This Forum

bluewolf
04-09-2003, 05:18 AM
This is kool, the jokes, the chat, keeping up with chris.

FAST was right, I am very sick but it is not like having a heart attack or cancer or anything that can kill me. But there is a high % that I will not be able to work again. Thus: dawg mom and pool bum.

I have held off from going into any details because I did not want to get flames over it.

So what do you guys think? Keep it to myself as I have kept most of it? Or spill the beans?

Laura

dg-in-centralpa
04-09-2003, 06:12 AM
Laura,
Sometimes it feels better to spill the beans. You can only keep it bottled up for so long before it destroys you. You've got many friends here to offer you support, if you need. Call out and we're here.

Sid_Vicious
04-09-2003, 07:06 AM
BW,

If it was me I'd PM those I trusted as friends with this first, and get their feedback about what they thought about possible backlash. I'm only saying this because I(and you) have seen the wrath of "the darker side", and sometimes it makes no sense why things go out of control. JM2C sid~~PM me if you like

nAz
04-09-2003, 07:11 AM
Fook it post it! if people here are that insensitive towards your health problems i would like to know who they are for future reference. besides you already brought it up so spill it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bluewolf
04-09-2003, 10:17 AM
Thanks everyone. I will try to write up something later. It is kind of complex because it all started this past october, and is several things that kind of interfered with each other and now am not working for the last month.

Katch everyone later.

Laura

04-09-2003, 12:14 PM
Although I am newly registered here I have been reading many member post over the last six months so I feel like I know many of you. I am sorry to read about your illness BlueWolf and I look forward to reading about your health improving. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bluewolf
04-09-2003, 03:03 PM
Here is how is happened.

I did not have a job when I came to DC. In October the chiropractor wanted to investigate some neurological symptoms I had: vertigo, handshakes, unexplained spontaneous falling spells, severe headaches, blackouts or rather loss of short periods of time, confused dominance that shifted right to left or at times neither eye seemed dominant, sometimes the pool balls looked okay and round or a little fuzzy, sometimes the top and the bottom of the balls appeared squashed, sometimes the sides of the balls looked squashed. Then I went to a neurologist and had some tests and got a job so I forgot about going back. After all, I already knew the MRI was normal, so it could not be anything too bad. Right?

I had a job. Then I got sick, first bronchitis, then pneumonia, then because my resistance was low, I got this really bad intestinal bug which hospitalized me twice and made me sick a lot after. So by the first of the year, two months after I was hired, I had been out of work more than I was there. Maybe I went back to soon but kept getting hit by all of this fatigue and the severe headaches were even worse so I resigned so that they could find somebody else more reliable. This was the end of February.

By this time I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia due to the back, neck things etc. I went back to the neurologist who said EEG abnormal, appears to be a seizure disorder. So while I am waiting for the meds to regulate, it is a wait and see if they work. Since the MRI was fine, no cancer or ms presumably. That part is good.

One of my doctors thinks something else neurological or glaucoma or something because I have also had a rapid decline in balance since October. I also flunked the neurologist,s balance test when I went back. So it is not the end of the matter. The doctors are not done.

Trying not to drive because I ‘blank’ for a second or two many times during the day and sometimes lose segments of time, but the longer ones only several times a week.

Still very tired but getting better and trying to stay positive. But maybe too positive, if you know what I mean. Instead of going through a grief process, I say ‘oh this is temporary this too shall pass’ and laugh it all off.

After all, nobody is promised a rose garden and so many others are worse off. I do not read my fibromyallgia list anymore because most of them are REALLY sick and not as fortunate as I am with a good husband and all my materials needs met. Plus, it is really funner to talk and spend time with normal, healthy people, if that makes sense. No point on dwelling on unpleasant things when there are good things like pool, spirituality/God and nature and stuff to fill one's mind with.

Anyway since I have to rest so much, that is why I post so much on CCB. Sorry about that one. I try to practice pool every day.

So that is about it, get my eyes checked and see what the neuro doc can find out.

If you have read this litany, sorry it is drawn out and long. I tried to cover everything without going into a bunch of sordid details.

Peace to all,

Laura

nAz
04-09-2003, 03:15 PM
Damn BW sorry to hear all that. Its a good(lucky)thing you have a strong hubbie to stand by you just like CC has a strong wifey to stand by him.
Something Oral should be in order as a reward err wooopps /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Well dont worry about your post counts,i enjoy reading them infact im betting you hit 2000 by mid to late summer /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Stay healthy BW and keep practicing.

Karatemom
04-09-2003, 03:40 PM
Hi Laura. Do some checking into the disease called Meniere's Syndrome or Meniere's Disease. It affects the inner ear and causes severe vertigo, nausea, and alot of what you described.

Heide ~ fibromyalgia sufferer as well

bluewolf
04-09-2003, 06:48 PM
Thanks Heide. I will talk to my chiropractor about this. I was kind of hoping one thing would explain it all. When they are putting all of these different labels on you, it kind of seems fishy in a way.

My chiropractor is awesome. He is the closest thing to a holistic doctor. All these others just know about their one piece. I am still not done with the GI doc too. He did some tests and thinks a liver problem. Last I heard I would probably have a biopsy for that and interferon. Hoping that comes out negative.

Laura---> just wanna play pool

"Dawg mom, pool bum"

9 Ball Girl
04-09-2003, 09:00 PM
Hi Laura. I was diagnosed with Meniere's Disease back in May 1996. It was not a fun time at all. Everything (knock on wood) is under control right now.

Karatemom
04-09-2003, 10:00 PM
Wow. Same here. Cept I was told in late 2001. Had some awful spells, but also, have seem to grown out of it. Thank GOD!!! That's worse than anything I've ever had. Didn't know it was hereditary til my Aunt told me she had it too, but hers lasted 10 years! A year was long enough for me thank you!

Heide ~ listens to way too much loud music /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bluewolf
04-10-2003, 03:56 AM
Is it primarily vertigo or other stuff too? I put it in search but did not come up with much info.

Laura

9 Ball Girl
04-10-2003, 01:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> Is it primarily vertigo or other stuff too? I put it in search but did not come up with much info.

Laura <hr /></blockquote>Hope this is informing enough:

http://oto.wustl.edu/men/