PDA

View Full Version : MY FIRST TROPHY

Gayle in MD
04-09-2003, 09:11 AM
Dear Friends,
Just a note to all those who may be wondering if they should put a little more money into lessons than they do into their fancy cue sticks, lol, ... I was awarded the "Most Improved" trophy in my league, and also, another student of Scotts was recognized in the improvment catagory. Although I know that having a table at home, especially since it is a Diamond with the pro cut pockets, has also contributed to improvment, my lessons with Scott have been invaluable.

I hope to get together with Fran this summer, also, and look forward to the value of her input, as well as having the opportunity to meet her, and spend some time with her.

To all those newcomers to our great game who are presently struggling to improve, as I am, I say..."Keep the faith" and consider giving yourself the "Gift" of lessons with a good instructor.

Your friend,
Gayle in Md. Would rather have had the trophy for best all round shooter, LOL. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SpiderMan
04-09-2003, 09:14 AM
Gayle,

Next time we play, you're going to have to give up weight!

SpiderMan

Rich R.
04-09-2003, 09:25 AM
Tap, Tap, Tap. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
04-09-2003, 09:40 AM
Hi Marty, LOL, I got a long way to go before I need to worry about giving up any weight to YOU!! LMAO... BTW, when will you be back in my area??

Gayle in Md., looking forward to another fun day with Marty and friend ! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan
04-09-2003, 09:48 AM
Jerry's the only guy in that area that I know well enough to visit. I see him every couple of years, unless a business trip takes me to the area sooner.

Are you and Jay taking your team to 'Vegas in May?

SpiderMan

9 Ball Girl
04-09-2003, 10:50 AM
You Go Girl!!! http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/applaudit.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>Would rather have had the trophy for best all round shooter<hr /></blockquote>

Hey, you've been acknowledged! That's great!

Kato
04-09-2003, 10:54 AM
But you have to give me weight /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kato

Tom_In_Cincy
04-09-2003, 05:05 PM
Gayle,
What wonderful news. I have been wondering when you would start to reap those benefits from all your efforts.

I am very pleased about your accomplishment.

What a nice thing to happen to a very nice lady.

Rod
04-09-2003, 05:41 PM
Gayle,
I'm happy to hear of your improvement, you were recognized. Now you have something to dust! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif As you get better you'll have more to dust. LOL JK Gayle I'm happy for you, keep up the good play.

Rod

Fran Crimi
04-09-2003, 06:45 PM
Hey, great going, Gayle! I remember my first trophy. I was in shock. I remember thinking, wow, you mean they actually give awards for playing pool? I thought I was just having fun. Little did I know the pain and anguish that lie ahead. LOL! Just kidding. Well, sort of.

Enjoy it and parlay it into your next victory.

Fran

Barbara
04-09-2003, 07:01 PM
And in a couple years, you'll have accumulated so many more that you'll be thinking, "Damn, I have ANOTHER one to dust off?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Enjoy and congrats!!

Barbara /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vagabond
04-09-2003, 07:34 PM
Good going,u go girl!!!!Cheers
Vagabond

Karatemom
04-09-2003, 08:16 PM
Way to go, Gayle. I think it's wonderfuol you won a symbol of all your hard work. Now work on getting that Best All-Around for next time /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Great job!!!!

Heide ~ knew there was a reason why CC wanted me to meet Scott

Gayle in MD
04-09-2003, 09:48 PM
Hi again, and remember, you have another friend here in Md. Marty, and you are welcome to visit with us anytime. As for Vegas, our league is not an APA league, and we have no handicapping either. The way it works, there is a tournament at the end of each session, and only then do we go by handicap, which is rated in the same way, and played the same as APA. Anyway, Vegas wouldn't be in my future through this particular league, although it is eight ball, and I am looking around for a nine ball league to play in.

At any rate, makes you feel pretty good when you beat a seven, and must win three out of five. Only five people play from each team any given night, and each game won is worth a point. (My team came in second at the end) Also, the skill level points of the players playing cannot exceed 23 points, although you may have as many as eight on a team. It has been rather interesting though, and speaking for myself only, we had previously had so much sandbagging going on, that I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience of playing in a league with no handicaps.

Hope you make it to Annapolis soon Marty, and you always have a room here with us...

Gayle in Md. Remembering what a nice guy Marty is....

Gayle in MD
04-09-2003, 09:50 PM
I hear ya Rich, and thanks! Hi to Kathy friend...

Gayle /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
04-09-2003, 09:55 PM
Thank you Tom, you're very kind, and I appreciate all the interest you have shown me.

Gayle /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
04-09-2003, 10:01 PM
Thanks Heide, and please give my love to Chris. Yes, lessons with Scott were great, and he's a great guy, and fun to know. I consider him a friend.

Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
04-09-2003, 10:06 PM
Thanks kiddo, and yes, it was a very kind gesture, and give me some hope, LOL.

Gayle in MD
04-09-2003, 10:09 PM
You are too cool friend...love you table, lol. BTW, no weight, lol...

Gayle in Md, knows she is no where near Kato or Marty....

Gayle in MD
04-09-2003, 10:12 PM
Thank you friend. Cheers to you too... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
04-09-2003, 10:20 PM
Thanks Rod, and, ah hem, well actually it's really more like a small plaque than a trophy, as in one of those big huge things with a pool table on top of it, lol. Guess I shouldn't have used that term so loosely, lol. But it was the thought that counted to me. Really made me feel so good to see how the guys on my league so enjoyed giving it to me, especially since they are all such good shooters. It was nice...

Thanks again

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
04-09-2003, 10:27 PM
Thanks Fran, you're great, lol. And hey, pain and anguish, lol, now, I can relate to that friend, lol.

Gayle, thinks it was the guys watching me play in the beginning that had all the pain and anguish, lol.

Gayle in MD
04-09-2003, 10:30 PM
Thanks Barbara, boy, I sure hope you're right about that, lol. Now, what I really want to know is, do I get some nuts now....

CarolNYC
04-10-2003, 03:34 AM
Hey Gayle,
All I can say is "WAY TO GO!"I love it!
Congratulations!
You know Im screaming!
Carol:):):)

stickman
04-10-2003, 03:26 PM
Way to go Gayle! Scott is a great instructor, and I'm sure that he helped your game. On the other hand, you deserve a pat on the back also!!! His instruction is of little value, if the student doesn't do their part. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in MD
04-10-2003, 05:48 PM
I swear, Carol, I can hear you all the way in Md. !!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle...Knows that Carol is the best cheerleader a friend could ever have.

Gayle in MD
04-10-2003, 05:54 PM
Thank you my friend, Scott is a great instructor, and unfortunately, when he was here a few weeks ago, I was TOTALLY off my game. If he reads this post, he will be wondering why they gave it to me, lol.

Thanks again...
Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan
04-10-2003, 08:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Hi again, and remember, you have another friend here in Md. Marty, and you are welcome to visit with us anytime. Hope you make it to Annapolis soon Marty, and you always have a room here with us...

Gayle in Md. Remembering what a nice guy Marty is.... <hr /></blockquote>

Remember the old saying "Be careful what you ask for"? Airfare is pretty cheap nowadays /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan

Scott Lee
04-10-2003, 11:31 PM
Gayle...Horse puckey! Of course I know why they gave it to you!...because you DESERVED it! LOL Congrats, good job...now we can get on to better stuff! LMAO

Scott