PDA

View Full Version : Pool-Playing Dogs Common?

SpiderMan
04-09-2003, 09:12 AM
Not talking about the well-known pictures, but actual dogs that get up on the table and make balls.

When I heard about Larry's dog, it was completely new to me. But when I mentioned it to one of my VNEA teammates, he told me his dog likes to play pool also. It's fun to watch, this little dog running down the table, pushing the ball with her nose into the pocket. She's pretty good at rail shots, and can break and run a rack faster than the speed pool guys!

Anyway, does anyone know of two dogs that play pool together? Also, do any of the thousands of pool-playing dogs that must be out there actually use the cueball to knock the other balls in?

Video of Dave's dog running a rack:

http://www.vnea-dallas.com/

Click on "MPEG Shots" in upper right corner, then scroll down and click on the second video. Don't know why the dog makes so much noise while playing, I'll just call it "woofing" at the railbirds.

SpiderMan

Sid_Vicious
04-09-2003, 09:30 AM
Naw, and for some reason I find people allowing their dogs to bound over their pool tables for any reason as going a little over the edge with their pets. I allow dogs and cats in the house, but anything above floor level is strongly scolded upon their leaping upon...sid~~~his pets KNOWS where they are supposed to stay off of, pool tables especially!

bluewolf
04-09-2003, 09:40 AM
I tried it with my smallest dog (the only one I can comfortable lift) and she kind of looked at me like I was crazy.

I am sure she is capable but dont think I am capable of teaching this to her. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Laura

Wally_in_Cincy
04-09-2003, 09:46 AM
I once saw a guy bring a bobcat into a roadhouse early one evening. He raises them as pets /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The cat pocketed balls with her right paw. Then she would reach into the pocket and try to fish them back out with that "repetitive swat" type paw motion that cats have.

Rod
04-09-2003, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, does anyone know of two dogs that play pool together? <hr /></blockquote>

Yes, yes I do, it's pretty common at some places

Deeman
04-09-2003, 10:51 AM
Pool playing Dogs!! Spiderman, did you get the copy of "Balabuska's Nickle" in the mail? I think it should have arrived by now.

Talk about Memphis pool, are you trying to climb up in the table for that shot in your picture? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Dee

SpiderMan
04-09-2003, 11:03 AM
One foot on the floor /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif But now you see where I picked up my handle.

I won't get by my PO box until this weekend, it's on the other side of town and I'm working on my taxes. Hopefully the book is there by now. Didn't get to check last weekend because I played in a long tournament all day Sat and Sun.

SpiderMan

Sid_Vicious
04-09-2003, 11:08 AM
Spiderman...SPetty got that hiked up leg yours back down off her new Diamond and onto the floor, quick! ;-) sid

Deeman
04-09-2003, 11:14 AM
Spiderman,

If I tried to hike my leg up on a table like that, I might not be able to keep my husbandly committments! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gifI'm sure the book is in your P.O. Box but just wanted to check.

Sid_Vicious
04-09-2003, 11:28 AM
Deeman...I actually used this once when I needed to make a jump with the CB sitting in a troublesome place of the table, first time I had ever gotten up on the table like that, and I proceeded to jump, make the OB and run out. I use the dart stroke, so you can imagine the usual table positions to warrant this selection. It does give you more flexible range...sid

stick8
04-09-2003, 11:33 AM
y dog does not play pool, but she is my shag bag in golf. all I have to do is get my wedge, and drop a golf ball on the floor and say lets play golf she pickes up ball and out the door she goes. wating for me to hit ball , I hit it she brings it back ready for me to hit it again.she does other tricks also.Border Collie one of the smartist dog I have ever seen!!!!! OLD MAN STICK

SpiderMan
04-09-2003, 11:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> Spiderman...SPetty got that hiked up leg yours back down off her new Diamond and onto the floor, quick! ;-) sid <hr /></blockquote>

I think she was afraid I was going to pee in the side pocket /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

SpiderMan