PDA

View Full Version : An open apology to my friends here on the CCB

Scott Lee
04-09-2003, 11:06 AM
Last week I posted a rumor about Larry being a deadbeat dad. Although it was not done maliciously, it was done in bad taste, and I want to apologize to all my friends here for posting it. At the very least, if it had been posted anywhere, it should have been posted here, on the non pool forum. Deadbeat Dads and nonpayment of child support is a real hot button for me, and I let my emotions get the better of me. The validity of the question is certainly provable, with DNA testing, should those people want to come forward. However, I am sorry I posted it at all, since I don't have first-hand knowledge of this.

Now on to the real issue here. Larry continues to be a paranoid delusional character...to wit:

(quote: Fast Larry)

Part of the attack on me, was the change in my stage name, some simply did not know who I was. I teacher on the board, who I have had two serious run in's with in the past, felt threatened, did not want to lose students to me, and organized a bunch of his fellow teachers & students in a organized attack against me, to degrade me & to run me off. Some people saw through this, others did not, and some were being used & minupulated to forward this jealous attack against me. This is the problem in getting in these little clics, once in, you are then forced to act like a wolf pack, and attack any thing the head wolf tells you to, you are not allowed to think it out, or choose your friends, if you do, you are out of the pack...... (end quote)

In the first place, Larry has never even had ONE "run in" with me, let alone two. This all started when, 5 years ago, he accused me of chickening out of playing in his trick shot tournament, at the Hopkins Expo. I tried to explain to him, that I was already committed to working in my cue sponsor's booth, and had to decline. BTW, several other prominent trick shot artists declined to play, as well...for various reasons. There ended up being just 3...Tom Rossman (Dr. Cue), George Middleditch (from MI), and Larry. Then a kid named Brian came up and asked if he could join in. He paid his entry fee, and joined the other three. He was the real winner, because he got to learn some really great trick shots from some talented individuals! LOL A couple of months later, Larry sent out a mass mailing (I still have it) to all the trickshot artists, trying to convince us to join TASA, Larry's new "trick shot artist's association". In it he slandered me in writing, repeating the slur he had used at the Expo.
I could have sued him, but chose to "consider the source, and ignore it"! Later that summer, he sent me his usual 4 lb. package of self-promotion papers and videotapes. On the top page, he had handwritten, "Let's try to find a way to be friends. Larry" I thought to myself, "I don't need friends who stab me in the back.", and left it alone. I have seen him a few times since then...at Hopkins Expo, or down at the BCA Trade Show. EVERY time I have been very cordial, and polite...and so has he.

As most of you know, I have been posting here regularly for 3 and a half years. When Larry started posting here almost two months ago, he came in and immediately flamed everyone, claiming he was the only person on earth who knew anything about pool...Worse than that, he deliberately and intentionally made blatent remarks about the knowledgable posters here not knowing how to play/teach either. That's the first time I made mention to Larry about anything. If you want to read the thread...look it up in the archives, under "breaking with your legs". All I said to him, was that you could do it both ways, yet he did not want to accept any other possibility other than his own slanted view...nor did he apologize to anyone for his obnoxious behavior. Hell, he can be king of the world for all I care...just don't badmouth other people because they might not agree that you're the king!

These insults and innuendo have continued to escalate, until now Larry has convinced himself that I deliberately ORGANIZED all of you against him! ROFL Heck, I didn't even HAVE to do that...he invited people's wrath, just by the comments he was making, which were WAY out of line.

I believe that most people here know Larry for what he is...and I'll leave it at that! But, again, I apologize for last week's misguided post. It was the first time I have even said something like that...and the LAST!

Scott Lee

eg8r
04-09-2003, 11:43 AM
Accepted. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Rod
04-09-2003, 01:40 PM
No problem here Scott, it's done, over and history.

Rod

Wally_in_Cincy
04-09-2003, 02:32 PM
Scott,

Unfortunately you did not realize that Bobbi's post was a joke. That was your only mistake. You have a lot of charachter to come here and apologize.

Larry, however, has made more mistakes than I can count. He's called folks "sh*t for brains", cross-dressers, "faggots", and told them to drop dead. The funny thing is, he usually directs his retaliation against the imagined slight at the wrong person. That makes me laugh.

He has apologized though and has been on better behavior, but we all know it won't last. So I will just sit, and read, and watch, and laugh.

Wally~~laughing and preparing for a looooong thread

nAz
04-09-2003, 02:48 PM
Scott i will accept your apology this time but just dont let it happen again, but if it must please dont trash the NPR board with it. keep it in the cue chlk board /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
ahhh were all familly again lol

bluewolf
04-09-2003, 03:23 PM
Da#n, I promised myself I was not going to read anymore of this personality stuff and here I am again.

But I do appreciate your apology. I know you well. You are a real sweetie.

Laura

Tom_In_Cincy
04-09-2003, 05:14 PM
Scott,
Apology for what, doing what you thought was the right thing to do? Nada man nada..

You are the man.. and always will be.. (until CC gets back on his feet.. then I get the winner)

No problems on this end.. keep them coming.. you are always welcome here..

Barbara
04-09-2003, 06:58 PM
Scott,

Whatever apology you're offering has been accepted by me and Pete. Whatever... You're good for it.

Whatever hole FL dug for himself was self-evident and you're not the only one duped by whatever came about his ramblings and who wanted to have fun with him.

I just stay out of it. One of his last posts I did read talked about taking Lipitor. Now this drug does lower your cholestrol, but not without a price. It does have side effects to to your body and mind and that was what I was waiting to hear. It explains a lot.

Barbara

Karatemom
04-09-2003, 08:10 PM
Hi Scott. I personally don't think an apology is necessary, but that is my opinion. That is what this whole place is about - voicing your opinions. If you agree or disagree, does it really matter? You could say just about anything and still be tops in our book! But if you feel better, that's all that counts!

Heide ~ sometimes I wish this place had an "ignore" button /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif LOL

bluewolf
04-10-2003, 04:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Scott,

One of his last posts I did read talked about taking Lipitor. Now this drug does lower your cholestrol, but not without a price. It does have side effects to to your body and mind and that was what I was waiting to hear. It explains a lot.

Barbara

<hr /></blockquote>

My husband, white wolf and many others I know are on Liptor. The biggest side effect is on the liver, so they frquently have to be tested for any elevation in liver enzymes.

Laura

Wally_in_Cincy
04-10-2003, 06:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr>

My husband, white wolf and many others I know are on Liptor. The biggest side effect is on the liver, so they frquently have to be tested for any elevation in liver enzymes.

Laura <hr /></blockquote>

You're not supposed to consume more than a little bit of alchohol if you're on Lipitor. I hope Fast Larry knows that.

bluewolf
04-10-2003, 07:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr>

You're not supposed to consume more than a little bit of alchohol if you're on Lipitor. I hope Fast Larry knows that.

<hr /></blockquote>

I have a nurses PDR so I will look that up. I am not sure if Larry knows about this aspect. As far as ww, since neither of us drink, it is a non issue for us. We have talked though about going more lowfat so that he would not have to take it. It is bad for the liver. Since a lot of drinking is bad for the liver too, I can see the connection.

Without mentioning any names, there is another person besides FL and WW who is on Liptor and drinks too much. Now that is a worry.

Laura

Troy
04-10-2003, 05:02 PM
My opinion --- No Appology Needed !!!

9 Ball Girl
04-10-2003, 06:07 PM
Apology accepted and definitely no hard feelings here.
So, Scott, are you ready for your punishment? http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/1039607312.gif

I can see it now, Thank you M'ame! May I have another?" LOL.

Wendy~~~how Marquis de Sade is that!

Gayle in MD
04-10-2003, 06:21 PM
Hey Scott, You owe me a big apology for pretending to shoot that trick shot in your post. I KNOW it isn't really you shooting that shot !!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif I KNOW you wouldn't take only ONE practice stroke !!! Jeeze, what a phoney ! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in Md. Thinks Scott is a class act.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
04-11-2003, 06:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>

......So, Scott, are you ready for your punishment? http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/1039607312.gif

I can see it now, Thank you M'ame! May I have another?" LOL.

Wendy~~~how Marquis de Sade is that! <hr /></blockquote>

Careful. You're going to get Fast excited. Wonder Dog already has him in a cage with an iron mask on.

bluewolf
04-11-2003, 08:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>
Careful. You're going to get Fast excited. Wonder Dog already has him in a cage with an iron mask on.

<hr /></blockquote>

hmmmm. My dogs never put me in a cage. Without me, they would have no way to get their cookies and pig ears. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Laura

Ralph S.
04-11-2003, 08:23 AM
Hi Scott. First let me say it was cool for you to apologize for what you said as the flame wars can get out of hand. You have ALWAYS had my respect and STILL DO. I do remember you telling me about that story at the Hopkins Expo when you visited last. It is human nature to attack back or defend like you did, I have done myself as many others here have too. Just call it water under the bridge.

As far as Larry learning some manners, he seems like he is trying to do better, just gotta wait and see. Maybe you can really teach an old dog new tricks. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PQQLK9
04-11-2003, 03:51 PM
Don't sweat the small things Scott (I did not read your post).I say let's get D0wnT0wn back for all adversaries. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

rackmup
04-13-2003, 07:52 AM
Well said and nothing less than what I would expect from such a true gentleman and student of this wonderful game.

Now...where do I send my membership fees for enrollment in the "CCB'ers against Fast Larry" club?

Just teasing...again.

Regards,

Ken

Fred Agnir
04-15-2003, 07:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> But, again, I apologize for last week's misguided post. It was the first time I have even said something like that...and the LAST!<hr /></blockquote>Well, I don't usually pull this one out, but this post deserves it. I call it "the 3 F's"

Forgiven
Forgotten
Forever

Hope this really helps,

Fred &lt;~~~ the 4th F?

randyg
04-16-2003, 06:28 AM
SCOTT: You're still my man!....randyg

04-17-2003, 01:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr>Now...where do I send my membership fees for enrollment in the "CCB'ers against Fast Larry" club?

Just teasing...again.<hr /></blockquote>Not laughing...again.

04-17-2003, 01:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> I want to apologize to all my friends here for posting it.

At the very least, it should have been posted on the non pool forum.

Deadbeat Dads and nonpayment of child support is a real hot button for me. The validity of the question is certainly provable, with DNA testing, should those people want to come forward.

Now on to the real issue here. Larry continues to be a paranoid delusional character...<hr /></blockquote>Scott, the only real issue I think of that needs to be addressed would be a heartfelt apology to Larry.

Your post has little or nothing to do with expressing regret to and asking forgiveness from the man you slandered and continue to slander by inference, (suggesting DNA testing). What is your purpose with this apology, anyway?

Slim

wolfdancer
04-18-2003, 08:06 PM
SCott, my man...here I thought you were apologizing for them "loud" shirts that you wear to distract your opponent...and now that I see your new "sig"...I think I know where you got them....

04-18-2003, 08:06 PM
Apology not accepted.

Jesus Christ

bluewolf
04-19-2003, 10:33 AM
Why not? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Laura