PDA

View Full Version : Meucci Warranty Service

04-09-2003, 01:02 PM
I use the term "service" lightly . It should have read lack of warranty service !!! Meucci's warranty service is very poor !!! I sent them a black dot shaft back in January of this year , after being told on the phone that warranty service takes approximately 2 weeks . After numerous phone calls and false promises , I have yet to get my cue shaft returned to me . My last phone conversation , I had the pleasure , of being laughed at , they thinking they had properly covered the phone , to prevent me from hearing the ridicule . I would strongly recommend anyone considering to purchase any of their products , to reconsider !!! I've been given many sob stories by Meucci via the phone ; " we are having numerous problems with the black dot shafts " , possibly a design flaw , one of which they seem to be proud of , seeing they advertise their design as superior . Superior to what ? A broom handle ? Also a sob story of only having ONE repair person . All of Meucci's problems are now MY own ??? I feel Meucci's products aren't worth the money , their warranty service is definitely not worth the hassle !!! Please refrain from making the same mistake as I , do not support their company with a purchase . Research other manufacturers , hopefully they will not practice deceptive sales pitches . /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Rod
04-09-2003, 01:34 PM
I guess it's easy enough to see why some people don't like Meucci. What was wrong with the shaft? It might help if other people knew or if there is a design flaw.

Rod

cycopath
04-09-2003, 01:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> I guess it's easy enough to see why some people don't like Meucci. What was wrong with the shaft? It might help if other people knew or if there is a design flaw.

Rod <hr /></blockquote>I haven't heard of any problems with the shafts that have been released, but supposedly the shafts the factory kept recieving were warped (according to the repair dept). I finally got mine after 5 months, and it plays pretty good. Only problem was in the meantime while I was waiting I acquired a Schon and now I don't play with anything else.

Deeman
04-10-2003, 07:07 AM
Another satisfied customer! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Lanny
04-10-2003, 10:15 AM
Ditto!!!!!!Sent a warped black dot shaft to Meucci months ago.I've called several times and they still can't give me an approximate return date,up to 4 months is as close as they can guess.Yeah,I know,shoulda' bought a 314!!!!!It's a wonder Meucci is still in business.

04-10-2003, 10:52 AM
People were asking what was wrong with the shaft , I suppose I should have stated it earlier ...... I'll start by saying it was a Christmas gift , from my mother who has since passed on . It was autographed by Jim Rempe . I owned it for less than 30 days . I thought I'd never play a game with it . After repeated tauntings from friends , I did . In my first attempt at breaking a rack of balls , I apparently split the shaft , the second attempted shot left a rather large splinter in my bridge hand . Perhaps it was only meant to be displayed . My only good point in this experience is , I did not send Meucci the butt , where the autograph is . So all is not lost . In someone asking if there is a design flaw , I can only convey Meucci's own words , " We are having alot of problems with the black dot shafts . " . SO seeing Meucci is the only manufacturer which uses the flat lamination shaft design , I would have to say , yes it is apparently a design flaw . /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

cycopath
04-10-2003, 12:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Downandout:</font><hr>SO seeing Meucci is the only manufacturer which uses the flat lamination shaft design , I would have to say , yes it is apparently a design flaw .<hr /></blockquote>Actually there are quite a few manuf. using that type of flat lamination now.

cycopath
04-10-2003, 12:50 PM
This is what I can find in just a few minutes between customers.

http://www.barringercues.com/flatlamshafn.html

http://www.easypooltutor.com/reviews-1.html

http://www.sankocues.com/specialtyshafts.htm

Cueless Joey
04-10-2003, 12:58 PM
I don't think there is a design flaw in Black Dot shafts.
The flaw I think is Meucci's quality control. They probably make the the plywoods too fast or using cheap glue and/or using just plain bad wood. Flat lamination btw has been around for decades. It's nothing new. Meucci's claim trees grow like their flat laminates is not correct imo. Maples grain are in oval shape.

04-10-2003, 01:25 PM
I think it happens with a lot of cue makers that start to put out high demands. I am now unfortunately adding Joss to my list of poor quality control cues. Not only cause I got the run around from Dan Janes, but also spent several dollars and wasted time on my latest Joss experience.

AndyG
04-11-2003, 05:56 AM
Hi downandout, it looks as if you're experiencing some of the same problems Meucci dealers have experienced for years. I dropped the Meucci line a few years ago, just because of the kind of thing you're seeing now, poor or non-existent quality control, and the worst service facility in the industry.

Just as a disclaimer, in Meucci's early days, they were good quality cues, and played well, but somewhere along the way they took a wrong turn and never got back on track. These days, the only people I know who like Meuccis are the cue repair folks. My repairman love's em.
AndyG

04-11-2003, 09:06 PM
hi ya all.

04-11-2003, 09:15 PM
running a test, fast is trying to learn how to answer a thread in the right place.

sneakypapi
04-13-2003, 12:47 AM
I happen to own a Black Dot shaft Meucci. Let me point out that it is a newer version (35 layer) not the older style 28 layer that was more yellow in color. Before I ordered the cue I tried the 28 layer and liked the hit, when I received the newer version it did play differently, but took some getting use to. The cue is very straight and looks overall quite good. I am a perfectionist and there some minor things I noticed, but nothing that should affect playability. I did have some questions regarding the shaft and called the repair center and the manager did take the time to talk to me regarding the shaft, tip choice etc. Overall, he was nice and informative and most importantly very honest regarding the shaft problems they had. I find that alot of companies hide problems, or at least won't admit there is a problem ie. Firestone and Ford. Experience has taught me that most companies will have a problem with their product. I know that some people have tried and looked at very expensive cues, even custom models and they were off in straightness and quality. Whenever, a company sells a product there will be customers that will be unhappy. The only way for a manufacturer to uphold a good reputation is to back up their goods. The point I am making is I am sure most people will find a flaw in many things minor and major in what they buy.