View Full Version : The 3rd Annual Predator Central FL Open

koreandragon
04-10-2003, 01:19 AM
The 3rd Annual Predator Central FL Open

May 29-June 1, 2003

at Pro Billiards, Orlando FL

$4000 guaranteed added

Entry : $180 ($205 after May 20)

*Highest finishing amateur player also gets free spot & entry fee into UPA Atlanta Open event in Oct

This year's Stars include:

Defending Champion Mika Immonen

Johnny Archer

Nick Varner

Buddy Hall

Charlie Williams

Young Hwa Jeoung (Korean National Champion)

Tommy Kennedy

For more info call 321-276-3967
or call Pro Billiards at 407-898-3007
The 3rd Annual Predator Central FL Open

04-10-2003, 01:49 AM
Post deleted by ccb_admin_2

nAz
04-10-2003, 01:55 AM
lol FastLarryisgay Damn dude you are messed up lol.
And your spamming this quality post too lol

CarolNYC
04-10-2003, 03:38 AM
Good luck Charlie!
Carol:)

eg8r
04-10-2003, 08:19 AM
Yes.

There might even be an age restriction so you might want to check into that.

eg8r

eg8r
04-10-2003, 08:30 AM
Not to harp on this party, but I have been to the past two tournaments and there is one bit of information you need to know if you are expecting to go to this tournament. Pro billiards (my home room when I lived in Orlando) is absolutely lousy for tournaments, if you do not buy a VIP seat. My recommendation, get a seat for the whole weekend you will not be disappointed. The tournament is awesome especially when they take the mic from Charlie.

For those of you who decide to go to the tournament and do not think it is worth the money to pay for a seat, GOOD LUCK. You will have very limited view of the tables. All 8 tables are in one area and they are not raised or lowered to help out the people in the back. You just cannot see a darn thing once the play starts and people get to their seats (they usually stand) to watch the matches.

Another thing, if you oppose Predator products do not go. Charlie will bash you head in with his ads. Everytime Charlie grabs a mic here is the ad you will hear..."Our sponsors are Predator, blah blah blah. If you do not play with a predator then you don't know what you are missing. All the top pros including me (this is charlie speaking) play with Predator products. Don't you think if the pros are using Predator then you should." NO, now shut up Charlie we are tired of hearing it. Yes, I know that Predator is the sponsor and this is their event, but annoying people to death is overkill. I have heard complaints from tons of people in the crowd both events that were sick of this.

Here is my last issue...Has Charlie changed one bit on the board here? Sorry he is busy, but I call that his job. Everyone here has a job with the except of BW and we all find time to hang out on the board. Charlie is no busier than anyone here but some want to think so. After the last problem, he did post maybe 2 or 3 times (First reply was a gentle nudge by Predator). Since then, he has gone back to the same ole Charlie and is just spamming the board. It seems from the warm welcome he has received these last two ads most are not caring anymore about his blatant mis-use of the board. I still have a problem with it.

eg8r

Kato
04-10-2003, 08:39 AM
I agree with you eg8r. I went to the first one on the spur of the moment, drove up 3 hours, paid my $6 (did get a Lucasi pin and pool cue keychain/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif) and tried to find someplace to watch. I left 3 hours later very disappointed, not in the talent mind you. Right in front of me was John Ditoro, Buddy Hall, Jeremy Jones, Nick Varner, Johnny Archer, and Tommy Kennedy. It was also my first look at Jennie Seaver. Charlie had sponsors like Century 21 there and I'd never seen that (booth was not being visited) so I thought he was on the right track. Since I couldn't see I left. If I ever go back it will be with VIP seating.

Kato

eg8r
04-10-2003, 08:41 AM
I love going to this tournament. I have played competitively on those tables for about 5 or 6 years and it is really nice to see the pros play on them. I have never moved past a certain level of skill, and have found the tables to be a bit of a barrier for myself. I am talking about shots with any kind of speed into the pocket which do not go straight in. I rattle the crap out of them.

I watched Earl close up last year playing JayM. JayM did fine, but Earl was making a few shots that I did not think were possible at that speed. Some of his shots were played with a lot of speed and had I been the one shooting them, the ball would have rattled out. I also got a chance to see Earl practicing, and he was running the table like it was nothing. It is exciting to see that happening on the same tables I played on, and sort of fix my mental problems with the tables. If the pros are making the shots, then at the very least the shot must be makeable, I just am doing something wrong.

I got a chance to see Mika run 9 straight racks. I got a chance to see a local boy Josh whip Richie Rich in a 9 ball matchup afterwards. Local boy was getting the 8 and Richie could not keep up. I wanted to see Danny Harriman matchup in some 1 hole but he had no takers.

All in all, the tournament is my favorite because you are so close to the players and when the matches are going you will other pros in the crowd watching and chatting with the fans waiting for their chance to play.

The tournament is a lot of fun, but I strongly urge you to buy a VIP seat to gaurantee you will see everything.

eg8r

jjinfla
04-10-2003, 10:06 AM
Why 4 days long? Will Young show up this year? Are you going to continue your policy of Pros not signing articles? What are the admission charges this year? Will Earl be invited? As far as VIP seats go I agree that they give the best view but only for the table in front of you, unless you are right on the rail. 1st row is best but there are probably only about 15 of them. I was behind the 2nd table from the left and as a result I couldn't see the table Mika was running 9 racks on which was the end one on the right. But then he did play right in front of me later, as did Archer, Jeannie, Scotty, Hall, Harriman. So I got to see some good play. As far as Charlie pushing Predator I didn't have any trouble with that at all, it became a comedy after a while. And the food there was very good. Jake

MikeM
04-10-2003, 11:08 AM
I was in Orlando last week on business and managed to sneak away for a couple of hours one afternoon. Rather than golf I headed down to Pro Billiards. I thought it was a very nice room. Not many people around, but those that were, were friendly and could play. I shot around on table 8 for a while. I met an old guy who said his name was Jesse James. Sound familiar eg8r? I saw the tournament room and was wondering how they could hold any big time tourney with that setup. I also wish they rented cues since I had to play off the wall.
All-in-all a nice place though.

MM

koreandragon
04-11-2003, 12:32 AM
Thanks Carol!

As far as the seating goes, unfortunately it is not a big room.

I designed this event with having it be a very good regional event, not a full blown pro tour event.

This is my home now, and I wanted to bring a good event with top players in it.

This event has exceeded my expectations and has blown up to be jam packed every year.

This year there will be some college men & women events as well as some APA events in the backroom for fans to have something to do while they are there.

Admission prices haven't been set by the room owners yet, but I will announce them shortly.

Thanks for your support,
Charlie

CarolNYC
04-11-2003, 03:40 AM
Hey Charlie,
The "Backroom" is a great idea! I've noticed many fans like to get involved! Way to go!
The support is unconditional!
You take care!See ya soon!
Carol

CarolNYC
04-11-2003, 03:59 AM
Hey Mike,
Im glad the room is nice and the people were friendly and most importantly, they are pool fans!I know your in Virginia,which I love, but I have to say ,one time ,I travelled to somewhere in Virginia to play a qualifier and the conditions were a horror,literally rips in the cloth,dead rails and loud music-OMG-and it was pouring rain out to boot!ha ha ha
Carol~Orlando sounds great to me!I'd watch pool and go meet "Mickey!":):):)

CarolNYC
04-11-2003, 04:32 AM
Ha ha ha ha,
How many people in that crowd are baseball fans and watch the world series?Did they shut the TV off at every Purina "Meow" commercial and infamous "Burger King-two all beef patties,special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions on a sesame seed bun?OMG-everywhere I went someone was singing this!
ha ha ha ha
Carol~how about"wheres the beef?"Good heavens!:)

eg8r
04-11-2003, 10:35 AM
No I don't remember a Jesse James. Sorry. They have some great players up there but I am not sure if they make it during the day.

Next time you are in Orlando let me know and I can get their schedules for you.

eg8r

eg8r
04-11-2003, 10:39 AM
I did not say I don't get tired of other commercials, and I did not say I agreed with their incessant air time.

There are too many people in that pool hall during tournaments. LOL, Understandable but it sucks when you cannot some greats shooting away.

eg8r

eg8r
04-11-2003, 10:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This event has exceeded my expectations and has blown up to be jam packed every year. <hr /></blockquote> It is great and their is a lot of excitement. I cannot wait till it gets so big that you need to rent a room in the convention center to keep it going. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

CarolNYC
04-11-2003, 11:57 AM
Hey eg8r,
I know-"I have heard complaints from tons of people in the crowd both events that were sick of this." Thats why I focused on the "crowd people"-:)
If they start complaining when someone acknowledges a sponsor/endorser,just start "meowing" to them,ha ha ha ha
Have a good time!
Carol:):):)

eg8r
04-11-2003, 12:01 PM
Oh no, I am not meowing. LOL

I wish I could go. The negatives do not outweight the positives by any chance, but I am stuck out here in Tx this year. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

eg8r