PDA

View Full Version : ..real good advice

wolfdancer
04-10-2003, 11:44 AM
I was playing an SL-1 player (I'm an SL-0)the other day..she's really good and could easily be an SL-2, an maybe beat some top players, 'cept that she has a weak break, can't draw, and forgets to chalk up once in awhile, causing miscues. She made most all of her straight-in shots, some cuts, and one bank, an beat me easily.
Anyway, soon as she realized, she was better'n me, she gave me sum real good tips, like "keep yer head down/ aim down the center of yer face(nose line) with yer dominent eye/ keep yer left foot straight, and your right bent/ an lots of others..." Then as we talked she told me she wasn't a girl yet; but would soon have the operation done, although she was scared. I told her it was nuthin to worry about, cause i had similiar surgery. After years of back pain, my Dr. advised me to cut it down to a size 9.
Anyway, I'm tryin to follow all those tips but havin some problems...I slightly displaced my hip trying to keep one leg straight an the other bent, and the only way I could aim down the center of my face using my dominent eye,was to tilt my head, an now I got a sore neck.
I think Scott Lee told me some of this stuff also when he gave me a lesson..course he taped mine an I think sent a copy to "America's Funniest Home Videos"

I shoot like a girl..damn it

Sid_Vicious
04-10-2003, 12:35 PM
"Then as we talked she told me she wasn't a girl yet; but would soon have the operation done, although she was scared. I told her it was nuthin to worry about, cause i had similiar surgery."

Are we talking sex change here? :-0

wolfdancer
04-10-2003, 12:42 PM
no, not for me...i just had them trim off the excess,....lighten up Sid...it's a "Believe it or not" post

Wally_in_Cincy
04-10-2003, 01:12 PM
I'm not very good at long blind pocket cuts so I usually play safe instead of trying to make those. I think only left-brained people can make those. I drive my opponents batty. My girlfriend who is a seven puts me on twos but soon I'll be on all fours, after the operation that is. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Sid_Vicious
04-10-2003, 01:16 PM
You have me at a disadvantage I guess. What is, and where was it indicated, this original post was "Believe it or not?" Anyone start's talking about chopping off stuff and redesigning the natural parts...well all I can say is, "Wow, back the truck up!" sid

Kato
04-10-2003, 01:51 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Great post.

Kato

bluewolf
04-10-2003, 03:17 PM
What is sl-0 and sl-1? Never heard of that.

Laura

Rod
04-10-2003, 04:33 PM
sl-0 is a 2 year old and sl-1 is his 2 year older brother. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif unless you just had two inches trimmed or cut off completely. I get those confused. I think cut off is a sl-0 /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif