PDA

View Full Version : Back -- Again

Troy
04-10-2003, 12:28 PM
Well, I'm back once again. Out of the hospital Saturday about Noon but went to ER about 8PM. The diahrea, high blood pressure and shortness of breath was more than enough. Turns out the pain med was causing the diahrea and fluid on the lungs was causing the high BP and shortness of breath. I was treated like a horse - Lasix (not the eye surgery).

Released from the hospital late Monday. No appetite but I force food down 'cuz I sure can't lose any more weight. I've already lost about 15%.

Saw the surgeon this AM. He pulled out about 25 staples but it felt like 2500... He said it wouldn't hurt and he was right. He didn't feel a thing. Looks like the Great Wall sliding down my gut from just under the sternum for a LOONNG ways.

Doc said I can't lift more than 10 lbs. I don't know how I'm gonna......... oh never mind.

Time for a nap. Later...

Troy

WaltVA
04-10-2003, 12:43 PM
Troy - Glad to hear your home and on the mend. Take it easy, one thing at a time.

Walt in VA

Barbara
04-10-2003, 01:05 PM
Welcome back Troy!!

Glad to see you're on the mend!

Barbara /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Troy
04-10-2003, 01:23 PM
By the way, the surgery was successful. Doc said it was a fairly normal re-section with plenth of margin. Only bad part was that the cancer had mestastized thru the wall and got a lymph node. Doc removed what he could see. Next step is Chemo and Radiation for 4-6 weeks. It will probably take a while to get any strength back.

I am positive I am better off than Chris and for that I am very grateful.

This fraternity does not discriminate. Any one may become a member. I once again urge everyone, Male & female alike, to get tested.

Troy

Karatemom
04-10-2003, 01:29 PM
Well, we're glad you're back and feeling better. Just make sure you eat. You get your strength through your nutrition. Even if you don't feel like it, at least eat a little something.

Doc never said anything about picking up a pool cue, right?

Take it easy and I'm sure you'll be hearing from us soon.

Heide

MikeM
04-10-2003, 02:42 PM
Troy,

Welcome back - again. Thoughts and wishes for a speedy and full recovery are headed your way. Hang in there and enjoy your naps. They are one of life's great pleasures whether for recuperation after surgery or just to relax!

Mike

Rod
04-10-2003, 02:48 PM
Welcome back Troy, glad to hear it went well, well except for the trip back to the hospital. Chemo and Radiation, um bummer, at least better now than if discovered later. Take it easy and eat what you can, you need strength.

I took your advice and I'm scheduled. Scott Lee is comming through Phx about that time so I'm hoping it gets moved up. As I understand part of the day before and that day is a write off. I guess the sedative used hangs around for a while since they won't let me drive. Maybe they'll find my gold filling up there /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif always wondered what happened to that! LOL Of course they'll have to remove my head first to check. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod

Rich R.
04-11-2003, 04:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Troy:</font><hr> Doc said I can't lift more than 10 lbs. I don't know how I'm gonna......... oh never mind. <hr /></blockquote>
That's a very old joke, but it still gets a grin. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Welcome back. I'm happy things went well.

=k=
04-11-2003, 06:05 AM
Troy good to see you back..

L.S. Dennis
04-12-2003, 10:06 AM
Welcome back Troy, glad things worked out ok. I'll try to get down to one of your USPPA tournaments sometime.

Take Care