PDA

View Full Version : the best tip and chalk

snook
04-10-2003, 02:45 PM
which is the best, just curious because i need new of both

pooldaddy9
04-10-2003, 07:13 PM
You could ask a dozen people and get a dozen answers.I like a triangle tip. It is a hard tip but a great tip when you get use to it. Le Pro is a good tip. I almost always use master chalk, mostly because that is what is used in my area. I would also like to know what the best chalk is. Hope this helps - Joel

HalSmith
04-10-2003, 07:27 PM
Well ,here is my 2 cents. I use a Triangle [med] tip and masters chalk , have used that chalk for years . Don't know if it's the best but it works.---Smitty

Sid_Vicious
04-10-2003, 07:49 PM
Not knowing your level of play, I'd have to agree with the other answers so far, triangle as a tip and Masters chalk. Many preferences in tips though, harder the better for me, water buffaloes is my basic joy in tips...sid

HalSmith
04-11-2003, 05:42 AM
Sid, I found your post about the water buffalo tips interesting . Back in the 60's that was all i would use. Seemed to me the Elk Master and water buffalo was the only choices you had, at least where I was . The buffalo worked well for me back then, when I came back to shooting after a 17 year lay off I tried several different tips and seem to like the triangle now. Just thought I would let you know how long they have been around. Longer than I wish to remember.---Smitty

snook
04-11-2003, 11:07 PM
what about silver cup chalk? seen it on the nine ball japanese champs the other day and didnt know if it beat masters or not. thanks for the input

bluewolf
04-11-2003, 11:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote snook:</font><hr> what about silver cup chalk? seen it on the nine ball japanese champs the other day and didnt know if it beat masters or not. thanks for the input <hr /></blockquote>

We had an old box of silver cup. It was too grainy for my liking. I use masters and love it. 2.50/box

Laura

Predator314
04-12-2003, 06:50 AM
I like triangle tips the best. They are cheap too. I haven't found any chalk that beats Master Chalk. It applies so smooth. Silver Cup, NTC, and whatever other brands just don't seem to do as good (IMO).

Kato
04-12-2003, 07:02 AM
I think most of us will agree that Masters is the best chalk. With tips the arguement is going to flare up. What's the best tip? The one you like more than all the others. That being said, my opinion.

I started playing with LePro 10 years ago, didn't like them, switched to Morri, kind of liked them, found Triangle, loved them, switched to Tailsman Pro Medium, like them fine. At the end of the day I think I'll go with Triangle as my tip of choice until I fully work with the Tailsman's.

Kato

MikeM
04-12-2003, 08:43 AM
Moori (M, or MH) to play with.
Talisman EH Water Buffalo to break with.
Masters.

MM /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

q4summit
04-12-2003, 09:51 PM
I just had Buffalo put on mine (not sure of maker, i've heard Brunswick Buffalo are horrid). I like it a bunch. When it goes dead i'll try out Talisman or Triangle.

We use silvercup cuz my buddy has a box. It is a very grainey, i prefer Master. But i'd say Silvercup is 2nd bast to Master so it still gets the job done.

Marc

JohnnyP
04-13-2003, 12:57 AM
There's a guy I see at Danny K's with a killer stroke that plays with almost no tip. It's about as thick as a dime, and it has a chunk missing. He's rated an A-9 or something like that in the nightly tournaments.

He loves to move the cueball around with a lot of draw, and rarely miscues. Doesn't shoot with a level cue, though.