PDA

View Full Version : yahoo pool/world winner question?

04-10-2003, 06:36 PM
after a very long time i tried yahoo pool today. it has changed drastically. it's pretty fancy. i was wondering if anyone knew if the old yahoo game is still around. it's now a pay-site with demo world winner or something. also anyone try other online options? i have vp1-3 but never really enjoyed them. i tried another one today at easypooltutor.com but no left or right english made it not very fun.
anyone know?
best regards,
b^v^

eg8r
04-10-2003, 06:38 PM
I like pogo.com. I do not go to Yahoo because it is pay and there is no way I am paying for it. Pogo is free, they just ask you visit the sponsor every once in awhile.

No right and left on pogo (at least it does not seem to work) but it is better than the other option of not playing at all.

eg8r

04-10-2003, 06:43 PM
doggone that was fast..thanks. that's pretty upsetting to hear as my yahoo rating was pretty high :-(. i'll try pogo out. it's unsettling to notice how so many formerly free things on the web are now pay. arrrgggg. i was thinking of playing in one of the tournaments but the nine ball is a one player game based on time! that really doesn't sound fun, i had assumed one played against other players directly. pretty lame to me.
best regards,
b^v^

04-10-2003, 07:11 PM
just looked at Pogo.. it's that same world winner that's on yahoo. i coulnd't find another option. drats! i guess i'll try some VP3 this evening.
^v^ <---rather bored tonight :-)

heater451
04-11-2003, 09:18 AM
You could try the "Skilliards" set-up, which has now moved to http://www.miniclip.com .

It's free now, but I think their plan is to eventually start players off with a set amount of points (to compete with), and you have to buy more if you run out of them.

Edit: BTW, Yahoo! is still free, up to a point. You can't play the Ladder or Tournaments w/o paying, but there's still the Beginner through Advanced areas.

=============